You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-13 05:20:44

pein

Saric family

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=319745

born as a boy, guess after famine, we wasnt many
was a lady picking every kid up trying to name me
mom dropped the hot iron just to feed me

we had 2 set of furs for pack so i instantly went out and got milkweed, made a pack, a lady constantly tried to ask for it, im temp running, doesnt matter if im small
made like 3 ropes and 4 threads, and arrived back to camp next time,
got them some more iron and firewood and we made tools, chopping out a full swamp digging out trees, reed, clay pits

i seen we got still reed and adobe so i made a pen of adobe oven bases, some ovens even 5x5

i was getting goose and we killed tha snek
in the end we had quite few tools and pretty good farm
and composting was pretty close and no murders this time

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2018-06-13 05:55:30

aowen

Re: Saric family

Hey, I was the smith in that settlement. I made all the tools from smithing hammer -> knife (to kill the snake, which had actually racked up quite the K/D).

It had some management issues when I was born into it. There were like 3/4 broken stone hoes, and there was someone trying to forge, but I think there was a young boy screwing it up. When I was a baby, there was a lady who kept saying things like "don't do that" and "omg you're so stupid".

Once I was old enough, I saw that she wasn't tending the forge anymore, so I assumed the role.

I died at 56 trying to kill the snake. Pathfinding ran me right into it. I was bummed, because I thought that would've been a cool final act.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=319713

#3 2018-06-13 06:06:08

Anandamide

I was this old fart http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=320012. I farmed a butload of food with those tools you made, i think you were the old man who told me of snakes you killed in the desert. There werent many people left when I was born. At the end it was my younger sister and brother, she was going to be old soon and had already lost two kids. The last girl, Future, just randomly died after she was set down and then my brother accidentally killed my sister when trying to give her a knife. I was the last of the sarics.

#4 2018-06-13 09:48:30

pein

Daniel Saric
Big Sister
33 years old
6 hours ago
Starved
Final words: "All you did was get thread"   

33 years, all you did was starve and didnt get thread, seriously, people cant get milkweed, 50 tile away but they preach about how they could get more stuff than me with backpack

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-06-13 09:50:00

pein

aowen wrote:

Hey, I was the smith in that settlement. I made all the tools from smithing hammer -> knife (to kill the snake, which had actually racked up quite the K/D).

It had some management issues when I was born into it. There were like 3/4 broken stone hoes, and there was someone trying to forge, but I think there was a young boy screwing it up. When I was a baby, there was a lady who kept saying things like "don't do that" and "omg you're so stupid".

Once I was old enough, I saw that she wasn't tending the forge anymore, so I assumed the role.

I died at 56 trying to kill the snake. Pathfinding ran me right into it. I was bummed, because I thought that would've been a cool final act.

Oluwatimileyin Saric
Son
0 years old
5 hours ago
Starved
Final words: "F"   
Ifeanyichukwu Saric
Son
9 years old
5 hours ago
Killed by Rattle Snake
Final words: "N"   
Onyinyechukwu Saric
Daughter
1 year old
5 hours ago
Starved
Final words: "F"

too funny, i also got a lsit of bad names

i didnt do this run as i was annoyed by babies the run before
also as man i got stuff others couldnt

i made second kiln again, but often i see too many people who think kiln is a city center and you need a farm 3 tiles away from it
so next tiem i get clay to that kiln and make two other in further distance

generally you want to step on items, then wait until snakes move, then you got 2 seconds to click to stab
works with lag too, on open terrain snakes move diagonal 4-5? so anything thats out of diagonal wont  kill you, even standing next to a snake, i killed a muflon without lamb accidentally, i mean hides are op clothes as no milkweed needed for them, but havign lamb is good even multiple

Last edited by pein (2018-06-13 09:56:44)

#6 2018-06-14 02:17:48

Trick

aowen wrote:

Someone followed you in to get your knife, and also died to the snake, like, immediately after.  I was the lucky one to realize the snake was behind the trees, waited for it to come out, got the knife and finally killed it. 

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=319786

That snake nearly took out the entire village.

I was pretty old at that point, so I spent my final days killing snakes in the desert to the East.  Before I died, I handed the knife off to one of the boys on the farm.

#7 2018-06-14 02:18:49

Trick

Anandamide wrote:

I was this old fart http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=320012. I farmed a butload of food with those tools you made, i think you were the old man who told me of snakes you killed in the desert. There werent many people left when I was born. At the end it was my younger sister and brother, she was going to be old soon and had already lost two kids. The last girl, Future, just randomly died after she was set down and then my brother accidentally killed my sister when trying to give her a knife. I was the last of the sarics.

I was the old man telling you of the snakes I killed.

#8 2018-06-14 06:40:22

Morti

pein wrote:

Daniel Saric
Big Sister
33 years old
6 hours ago
Starved

33 years, all you did was starve and didnt get thread, seriously, people cant get milkweed, 50 tile away but they preach about how they could get more stuff than me with backpack

For ten years I gathered those rabbits, everytime I came home I found a new stone hoe had broken. When I noticed the third one break and no one replacing it, I decided it was time to switch gears. I ran east to the badlands, twice, collected 6 iron, took a bakset out to collect curved branches, 4 times farther and farther to the south, twelve in all I brought back, figured that would be enough, but between the person standing around eating all food, throwing kindling on the fire and birthing kids, and the person struggling to turn iron into a smithing hammer, they barely managed to get it with that. Finally I decided one more basket of whittled sticks and they'll have enough to make iron hoe, then I can finish the pack and go back out to gather seven rabbits, seven branches or seven iron at a time. I just wanted that pack, but I know, if I had made yet another stone hoe with that milkweed, we may never have seen iron tools.

Then, as I bring back the last basket of sticks, I see you walking away from my pile of furs with my backpack. One of the spoiled children, who was just getting in the way of the smith, making her frustrated, causing her to go through so much kindling, so many of the small curved shafts I'd brought back time and time again just so she could finally make that iron hoe they needed so much.

After you selfishly refused to give me the pack, I went out to gather more rabbits, since I knew where the snares were, I knew that whole area and I didn't touch the few milkweed around town because I figured someone might try to make a fourth stone hoe with it while I was gathering iron or branches. But no, all you could think to do was to take what you didn't earn.

I thought of you when I said that. Your post about making your own backpack and deserving it. It doesn't surprise me you now make this post because what I said to you struck a nerve. You know you didn't deserve that backpack. If you had any idea how much fetching I did for that family before you arrived and the whole time you were growing up, you'd have given it to me just for all the legwork I put into that settlement, just to make sure it'd pull through. I must have passed by a half dozen people who would run out, eat food away from town and then run back empty handed, when I was running out, temp locked, to every cluster of three poplar trees with a basket, turning rocks into sharp stones, branches to curved shafts and bringing three kindling back at a time from farther and farther south than anyone else bothered to travel.

If I hadn't switched gears and got that iron when I did, things would have been a lot worse for that entire family.

Having known the surroundings, you should have given me that pack. Instead I ventured further out to get more rabbits later. Even managed to find milkweed in a small grassland to the SSW and make my own backpack. Then I carried on gathering rabbits so others could have packs as well, and when I was far SW near that other grassland, and my food meter was little low, I figured I'd run to that nearby grassland to get food but the berry bush was two steps too far and I died with a backpack and basket full of rabbits far to the SSW.

I had a feeling that was you. So selfish, so undeserving. Glad my words struck a nerve deep enough you had to check the family tree and make this post. Gives me hope you can at least comprehend what people are saying, even if you can't reciprocate.

#9 2018-06-14 09:17:57

Glassius

If you could only put guarding dog on all the furs you collected...

#10 2018-06-14 10:02:59

pein

Morti wrote:
pein wrote:

Daniel Saric
Big Sister
33 years old
6 hours ago
Starved

For ten years I gathered those rabbits, everytime I came home I found a new stone hoe had broken. When I noticed the third one break and no one replacing it, I decided it was time to switch gears. I ran east to the badlands, twice, collected 6 iron, took a bakset out to collect curved branches, 4 times farther and farther to the south, twelve in all I brought back, figured that would be enough, but between the person standing around eating all food, throwing kindling on the fire and birthing kids, and the person struggling to turn iron into a smithing hammer, they barely managed to get it with that. Finally I decided one more basket of whittled sticks and they'll have enough to make iron hoe, then I can finish the pack and go back out to gather seven rabbits, seven branches or seven iron at a time. I just wanted that pack, but I know, if I had made yet another stone hoe with that milkweed, we may never have seen iron tools.

Then, as I bring back the last basket of sticks, I see you walking away from my pile of furs with my backpack. One of the spoiled children, who was just getting in the way of the smith, making her frustrated, causing her to go through so much kindling, so many of the small curved shafts I'd brought back time and time again just so she could finally make that iron hoe they needed so much.

After you selfishly refused to give me the pack, I went out to gather more rabbits, since I knew where the snares were, I knew that whole area and I didn't touch the few milkweed around town because I figured someone might try to make a fourth stone hoe with it while I was gathering iron or branches. But no, all you could think to do was to take what you didn't earn.

I thought of you when I said that. Your post about making your own backpack and deserving it. It doesn't surprise me you now make this post because what I said to you struck a nerve. You know you didn't deserve that backpack. If you had any idea how much fetching I did for that family before you arrived and the whole time you were growing up, you'd have given it to me just for all the legwork I put into that settlement, just to make sure it'd pull through. I must have passed by a half dozen people who would run out, eat food away from town and then run back empty handed, when I was running out, temp locked, to every cluster of three poplar trees with a basket, turning rocks into sharp stones, branches to curved shafts and bringing three kindling back at a time from farther and farther south than anyone else bothered to travel.

If I hadn't switched gears and got that iron when I did, things would have been a lot worse for that entire family.

Having known the surroundings, you should have given me that pack. Instead I ventured further out to get more rabbits later. Even managed to find milkweed in a small grassland to the SSW and make my own backpack. Then I carried on gathering rabbits so others could have packs as well, and when I was far SW near that other grassland, and my food meter was little low, I figured I'd run to that nearby grassland to get food but the berry bush was two steps too far and I died with a backpack and basket full of rabbits far to the SSW.

I had a feeling that was you. So selfish, so undeserving. Glad my words struck a nerve deep enough you had to check the family tree and make this post. Gives me hope you can at least comprehend what people are saying, even if you can't reciprocate.

yes morti you think you are the best at everything
yet what you tell makes no sense
there were two stacks there
you could of go out get a thread, make it, take it
as all the other kids running around
i was a baby, i didnt stood around the camp, ran out, consumed forest resources
made thread, made pack, got 3 ropes and 5 thread, didnt even see you later
the other pack was made long long after, a guy had it, was younger than me, the pile of furs stood there for ages
as a basket of threads i left, and a rope, placed under a tree if i see you, they cut the tree later and a guy seen it before

about the kindling
i brought 7 at a time, never seen more than that
i made second kiln and then we started making tools at normal tempo, the axe was made right after

they wasted fire i seen, i can usually put 4 iron into fire and convert it, keeping up fire without axe is  kinda stupid
i got more iron than was in camp so far so kinda smells like bullshit what you say

as for rabbits, it was another pile and a guy made it, so total 9 rabbit and the rest pouches maybe
i kept two rope and one thread, pushed a muflon home, but missed the lamb phase, so i had to do it again, this time on right side
based on our age difference, you were already 16+ when i was 5 and you died at 33

there was around 6+ milkweed in our biome, near the icy part, you never been there or didnt see them under trees

been there too many times, if its on floor its for everybody, if you put it behind a tree or leave it out in savannah i leave it for you
want a skill matchup? you got it, you lost
focus one thing at a time

if you found the milkweed SSW you could already see i been there

i made goose, checked upon the new smith to see knows what its doing
i ran the carrot farm the whole time, reseeded, watered each, it was the timing between the berry ran out,the population was just enough until the carrot grow back

i made a 5x5 inner size sheep pen and got muflon in it, even had the first sheep

died at 60

not like you like a noob at 33
i thought you meant by milkweed the 3 ropes and 4 threads before age 14, yepp i made the effort for you to bring you a thread to make the second pack, from the information i seen, i was right, at 7 boxes with all those kids running around, sharp stone, basket, needle, make pack that was the plan, did it in two minutes, others just starved never moving 30 tiles away

as for your argument "you got small belly, i can use better" was more selfish than i ever did that run
"i temp run" and i went away, i was never even close to death and been further than you ever been and got more ropes than they produced in the farm

you missed out on a lot of things, guess you died before we cut out the entire swamp, 5x5 pen with a sheep, vs your grandiose plans which failed, and your pathetic last words even more pathetic than i thought, didnt knew it was you, i just remembered a sore loser who were begging for a pack, as people often do, "i give it back" or "i bring rabbits" or lies like that
but the "i am older i demand respect" thingy is the worst, age is a state, not an archievement, in real life too, and in this gmae, just because you born earlier doesnt make you better than others, as having more hours doesnt make you better than others
i respect skilled people when i see it, you focus on wrong things and on too many at a time,  if you really skilled, do  it yourself, you could of made a new kiln, make a steel hoe, i often do that when the smith is slow

btw i made more bowls and plates than we had before in total, and got the seeds for stew, so without knowing anything you make statements like this

you cant save everybody, yeah it pisses me off when you divide resources and decide for all of us
shit happens , get over it, if you want a pack, make it, dont bring back the rabbits, people gonna take it, if not me, someone else, then hands over to a girl who looks cute as a baby, just so she will hold the knife inside while sheep are running away

your forced optimism and your true self make you laughable

before you teach anyone learn the game

#11 2018-06-14 22:46:02

Morti

pein wrote:

yes morti you think you are the best at everything
yet what you tell makes no sense
there were two stacks there

If there was another stack there it was from the guy that was gathering rabbits same time I was.

pein wrote:

you could of go out get a thread, make it, take it

I left that milkweed for the people to make the last stone hoe while I would get iron and branches so we could have more durable tools.

pein wrote:

as all the other kids running around
i was a baby, i didnt stood around the camp, ran out, consumed forest resources
made thread, made pack, got 3 ropes and 5 thread, didnt even see you later

You didn't see me because I had to go and make another backpack. I didn't see another stack of furs able to be turned into a pack, but even if I had, I'd have left it for someone else at that point. I set the stack of furs you turned into a backpack, in the trees west of the kiln, that was the stack that I had planned to turn into a backpack. Not sure what you're talking about about 6 milkweed near home, the few i saw were scattered about south of camp. I never went NW though, maybe what you are talking about was up there. I was spending my life early on SW getting the furs, then East, in the badlands, gathering the iron, then farther and farther dead south to get the branches I knew we needed to turn into charcoal to make iron tools. I barely went to the farm ENE of fire, as time and time again I saw the farmers dropping broken stone hoes near the fire and I knew at the rate they must be going through them I wasn't about to take from their food when I knew there was a massive grassland south with that little patch of desert SSW that I could use to temp lock back home, saving food both ways and bringing back the rabbits west of that little desert patch, or food, branches and milkweed from the grassland S, SE, and E of that little patch of desert SW of home.

pein wrote:

the other pack was made long long after, a guy had it, was younger than me, the pile of furs stood there for ages
as a basket of threads i left, and a rope, placed under a tree if i see you, they cut the tree later and a guy seen it before

I was not around for this. Like I said, far as I know, there was not second pile of furs there in town and there certainly was not enough thread to make the back packs and the potential stone hoe before we had an iron one. I had to make the decision to leave those furs there and get the iron and branches (small curved shafts) so that people could get iron tools before it was too late.

pein wrote:

about the kindling
i brought 7 at a time, never seen more than that
i made second kiln and then we started making tools at normal tempo, the axe was made right after

they wasted fire i seen, i can usually put 4 iron into fire and convert it, keeping up fire without axe is  kinda stupid

I do agree that keeping the fire going for the sake of having a fire going, when we had several perfect balance temp tiles around that area was a little stupid. That is why I had to make trip after trip to both feed the production of charcoal and the people who don't know any better than to throw kindling on a fire just because the flames are low.

pein wrote:

i got more iron than was in camp so far so kinda smells like bullshit what you say

I know there was more in the badlands east of town, saw at least two when I gathered those two baskets full. If you found some somewhere else, good on you. But that is exactly what happened. I emptied the first basket of iron 3 tiles NE of the kiln and the second I emptied about 5 tiles ESE of the kiln, same distance SW of the berry bushes I saw in the SW corner of the farm.

pein wrote:

as for rabbits, it was another pile and a guy made it, so total 9 rabbit and the rest pouches maybe

Yet another reason not to take the last milkweed around the camp, need that pouch for the bellows.

pein wrote:

i kept two rope and one thread, pushed a muflon home, but missed the lamb phase, so i had to do it again, this time on right side
based on our age difference, you were already 16+ when i was 5 and you died at 33

there was around 6+ milkweed in our biome, near the icy part, you never been there or didnt see them under trees

I don't even recall an icy part (tundra?), must have been NW or N because I explored W SW, S, SE and E and all there was was the massive grassland S, the swamp just N of town, the little patch of desert between the swamp and grassland that was our home, the badlands east of town where I got the iron, and the few patches of desert SSE. The little patch of grassland I found beyond the prairie SE of town is where I found the milkweed to make my backpack, far from the few that i knew were left in the grassland back east.

pein wrote:

been there too many times, if its on floor its for everybody, if you put it behind a tree or leave it out in savannah i leave it for you

We shouldn't have to do this; hiding resources. You pay attention to who is doing the running back and forth, who is bringing goods from far away and knows the lay of the land is the one who should get the pack. I've had to do just what I did to you and ask people for packs that I was planning to use, and they have given them to me. Generally why else would a person ask if they didn't plan to make good use of it? You have to learn to trust your family pein, we all work best together when we give willingly and wisely to one another. Had you said "I'll use it to gather more rabbits and make you one." That would have been the end of it. I would have told you where the snares were... or better yet, you should have known I knew where they were and given the pack to me so I could have brought you back enough rabbits to make a pack of your own. But you didn't trust me, and that is what hurts most of all about playing with you. You are as much a team player as many of the rest of us, people who are as good as both of us, yet, you just don't give them credit. Why? Because you make a stink about sheep pens as if no one else would have figured out how to make them without you. That's just you bullshitting yourself. There are such a small number of factors to consider in this game that anyone would have come up with a better solution than to use a fence, or, better yet, maybe the griefers who let the sheep out would have caused such a commotion that Jason would have simply locked the straight shaft into place and made a gate. Instead we have your garbage, shithole, sheep pens and worse, your attempt to make sheep pens from gravestones, and because your bad ideas are good enough, people aren't complaining, and we have to live with ugly, unrealistic products that your bad habits have made commonplace.

pein wrote:

want a skill matchup? you got it, you lost

Your "skills" do not make up for the detriments you bring to the strength of the family. You are selfish and demeaning of others. You are not a good parent, you are not a good child. What you do, you do to gloat about later, or to call others stupid for not doing. What you do has gotten you, and the rest of us, only so far. You need to learn to care and you need to learn to trust. Now I would have trusted you, had you reassured me you were going to put that backpack to good use. More often than not I bring whole rabbits home because I trust that someone who knows what to do with the furs, will do it. Same goes for everything I bring home. I place my trust in the community and I do accept that sometimes a new person is going to know just enough to use it, or to experiment with it and to fail to put it to it's ideal use in that case. But that is part of the learning process.

When I have asked for a backpack, more often than not it has been given to me and I have put it to great use, because the person trusted me, and because of that, I felt more responsible to them; it gives most of us, compassionate humans, a feeling of duty when we are entrusted by our kin.

You clearly do not have that same level of trust in fellow players; your family. This is evident by the bulk of your posts and by many of my past interactions with you in game. I know you understand that things get better as people learn from one another. Our collective performance rises as each player's knowledge and good habits are broadened by experience. However, your treatment of other players, who's willingness to learn you underestimate at our peril, is a more of a detriment to the future of our gameplay than the ugly sheep pens you make are a benefit, to any family.

pein wrote:

focus one thing at a time

How about you focus on this one thing; be a better human being to other humans.

The game is fun and all, but you're not making the world, or our experiences, any better when you are being a selfish little prick.

pein wrote:

if you found the milkweed SSW you could already see i been there

You weren't there, the only person that had got those milkweed flowering was the person I can only assume was my brother or uncle who was gathering rabbits with me. Those milkweed were far from the main grassland S of town. You had to go west of the prairie where I collected all the rabbits just to get them.

pein wrote:

i made goose, checked upon the new smith to see knows what its doing
i ran the carrot farm the whole time, reseeded, watered each, it was the timing between the berry ran out,the population was just enough until the carrot grow back

i made a 5x5 inner size sheep pen and got muflon in it, even had the first sheep

died at 60

All wonderful things to be proud of, tell it to Lost Connections.

pein wrote:

not like you like a noob at 33

What can I say? Your selfishness tipped the scale for me. I gave so much and all I wanted was to finish that pack to give even more, and at that moment, you neither reassured me that my efforts were appreciated, by offering the pack nor did you give me any indication you'd put it to good use beyond informing me you knew how to lock your temp. If you knew there was another stack of furs at the time you should have said so. So many good responses you could have made at the time. So many good choices, and you failed to make the right responses the two times I approached you about it.

pein wrote:

i thought you meant by milkweed the 3 ropes and 4 threads before age 14, yepp i made the effort for you to bring you a thread to make the second pack, from the information i seen, i was right, at 7 boxes with all those kids running around, sharp stone, basket, needle, make pack that was the plan, did it in two minutes, others just starved never moving 30 tiles away

Good for you, sure. But you broke my heart. Had you only trusted me with that pack, I'd have resumed getting rabbits knowing exactly where the snares were, and brought back enough for you and more people to live long, healthy, and happy family lives together.

pein wrote:

as for your argument "you got small belly, i can use better" was more selfish than i ever did that run
"i temp run" and i went away,

I was doing the same thing, until I got deep into the prairie and had to start using the snares. I figured it'd be better to go for the berry bush I saw in the grassland west of the prairie, than it would be to continue digging up wild carrots, as there weren't many left. As I was collecting those rabbits, I kept thinking "I wish they knew." And as I was trying to forgive you in my heart, to trust you even though you hadn't trusted me, I was staring at those rabbits and thinking to myself, perhaps just a split second too long, and my food meter dropped just below the point where I would have made that run to the berry bush and survived.

pein wrote:

i was never even close to death and been further than you ever been and got more ropes than they produced in the farm

That is the point of sacrificing for the sake of others; so that they may live better lives than we do ourselves.

pein wrote:

you missed out on a lot of things, guess you died before we cut out the entire swamp,

One of my favorite moments, when you either make that first ax and clear the trees yourself, or someone else is smithing and you get the long straight shaft, make the ax, and get to clear them.

pein wrote:

5x5 pen with a sheep,

Your obsession with sheep coupled with your pissy attitude and lack of family values, makes me not give a shit about sheep. Heck, maybe even join PETA.

pein wrote:

vs your grandiose plans which failed, and your pathetic last words even more pathetic than i thought, didnt knew it was you, i just remembered a sore loser who were begging for a pack, as people often do, "i give it back" or "i bring rabbits" or lies like that

Better to have been loved and lost than never to have been loved at all.

pein wrote:

but the "i am older i demand respect" thingy is the worst, age is a state, not an archievement, in real life too, and in this gmae, just because you born earlier doesnt make you better than others, as having more hours doesnt make you better than others

With age comes experience. You may not value the experience of some of your elders, but none the less, they have something you don't. As you age you will regret not spending more time learning from people wiser than yourself; not having made showing repect to them a habit so that the youth that enter the world as you are dying, have learned to do the same. This is why we have to repeat mistakes over and over, this is why life is harder for us than it should be, and at some point your awareness of that will peak, and, sadly you will then immediately pass away.

pein wrote:

i respect skilled people when i see it,

Shame your screen is so small. You'd see a lot more. But also you'd see that number dwindling as not only are there less and less new players reaching those levels of expertise because they are willing to stick around, but because there are less players, less and less of the people already experienced want to stick around and put up with attitudes like yours. People play parenting simulators because they enjoy loving and being loved, even if it is just a simulation. Couple this with the survival aspect of the game and we can not only enjoy caring for each other, but we can provide for one another and do so, out of our compassion for our family. Even a child playing house, fort, or doctor has this feeling. It is instinctual. And if you lack it to some degree than it is because of something unfortunate in your past. Whatever that is, whatever all those events were that are anchoring your compassion, keeping you from being free to express your desire to care for others, whatever those things are, I want to encourage you to cut your ties with those experiences. Whatever past events discouraged you from trusting others, they were not your fault anymore than the person or events were the faults of those people. We already have bad habits outside of the game, in the real world, we can live in this one without them, if we are willing to leave them behind. Please, try to do so, and you will see that human nature is a truly amazing thing. It's powerful. Because of it we have great cities, great technologies and very deep connections through works of art. Don't write off love for mechanics or performance. Love would keep us together if every machine failed and love exists regardless of performance.

pein wrote:

you focus on wrong things and on too many at a time,

I was doing great until that encounter. Providing the most important things I could to our family, as needed.

pein wrote:

if you really skilled, do  it yourself,

Not the point of a multiplayer game. I'm glad you're here though and not playing a single player one alone.

pein wrote:

you could of made a new kiln, make a steel hoe, i often do that when the smith is slow

I chose not to, that life. The desert we were living on was too small and too crowded already. Soon as I saw the smith was just off that patch of desert that was my first desire though. Instead I chose to give the family space, to bring resources rather than to add to the stress and clutter in the area at that time. I began exploring and became aware of the surroundings and put that knowledge to use.

pein wrote:

btw i made more bowls and plates than we had before in total, and got the seeds for stew, so without knowing anything you make statements like this

You're good enough to play the game, now be better than the game and be a good person at the same time.

pein wrote:

you cant save everybody,

I'll die doing my best. Most times the situation is worse than the best one you've experienced.  The more we try to make it the best, for the most people, the more likely we are to be better at being better.

pein wrote:

yeah it pisses me off when you divide resources and decide for all of us
shit happens , get over it, if you want a pack, make it, dont bring back the rabbits, people gonna take it, if not me, someone else, then hands over to a girl who looks cute as a baby, just so she will hold the knife inside while sheep are running away

They will learn. Trust them and they will learn. From your trust they will learn to trust others, and your experience will greater for it.

pein wrote:

your forced optimism and your true self make you laughable

These are words, not forced. If you read them, you do so voluntarily.
If you think about them, you ave my appreciation.
If you act more compassionately because of them, then you have my gratitude.

pein wrote:

before you teach anyone learn the game

Everyone is a teacher, for better, or for worse.
You're good enough at the game, now be a better person.
Be kinder than you've ever been before.
Trust more than you've ever trusted before.
Have more respect than you've ever had before.

These are the skills I want you to hone in the game.
Make your sheep pens, but do so out of love and respect for your family.
Let them be the force that drives you when nothing else will and we'll all have more rewarding, more satisfying experiences in this game, working to ensure each others survival. There is no ladder here. No OHOL Championship Tournament. No trophy.
Only our family, our desires to provide and the elements which we must overcome to do so, for as long as we may live, be it 6 or 60.

We may not be immortal, but nothing is stopping our legacies from living forever.

outside of server updates,

but even then, our good deeds will not be forgotten, so long as there are people who care.

#12 2018-06-15 08:08:09

pein

oh man, you write too much
its just your whole life was technically giving up/letting be disturbed by a thing that happens in 99% of overcrowded families
0 sum games, you dont expect to win but you wonder why you lost
kinda seems like you wanted to be acknowledged by somebody, half of the people didnt see you who you are what you do, born after, etc.
gear yourself up and do important things that matter, in the end some people gonna acknowledge you, old people who made their gear and not giving for ones who dont deserve, who optimize things even when doesnt even seem to matter
its a survival, rule number 1 survive, if its 1 berry on a bush, you take it, you dont give it away
yes i give clothes to ladies when they are the last, but i always got a backup plan for food, if i dont, maybe i  temp run a last one, maybe i just give up, happens plenty of times, that the whole camp is so bad positioned that you cannot play that life
i was already a good player, and were lifes like this, you cannot put down anything closeby without being moved/taken
hoping it wouldnt happen its pointless
it would be a step backward
its not hope or faith or trust, you cannot psychoanalyze me, as i went deeper than you can ever imagine, and came back
in the end there are a few categories of people, and not so hard to differentiate them from each other, if you now the questions, you can get the answers, if you know the answer, you will be able to manipulate in good or bad way, its a vibration, not a line, a wave, there is nothing good without bad, i like strong and crazy vibrations and low ones make me bored, especially in a roleplay game i can be any of the categories, and you would have no clue its me
we are limited by game rules, not real life rules, however you want it, but even in your real life you would act and think differently if situations would be different

function over form, its always been like it, i dont say i invented it, there are a lot of like-minded people, we are minority, and that doesnt mean its worse
when one thing functions better than other despite the look of it, people can use the advantage of it

its not about the pens, its about the possibilities it gives, the composting, a process which can be hard to reach and gives options to grow thereafter, eliminates indirectly the need of soil runs and makes it cheap to do things which normally would be tedious and hard to archive, its a nice paradigm shift, and cutting down the cost and time on something can be just as fulfilling, and in the same life, not 10 generations later

i see a lot of people who try, i can do it faster, and i know if i can do it on time, i was pushing it, and im happy others doing it
you are on limit making an axe
you are on limit upgrading water source
you are on limit making food supply
its a rush, i enjoy it, having plans and doing it, a lot of us do

rushing tech tree allows me to do things i didnt really do before, or not as often as i would of liked
having a good food supply, having enough soil to plant sapling which normally would feel like a waste, but just imagine the people who made home markers from it, and found their home, vs the ones who got stressed and got lost even with good exploring skills

making letters, making grave pen and handing meat over box/grave, cleaning it faster, optimizing a process, coming up with nice designs

several things are on limit, you might hate me if i take a few resources before, but in the end i come back with a tons more

dont think i dont have nice experiences, not with people you might like at least
i dont like questions i already knew the answers, some might surprise me but more often than not my sensors are right

my families are the hard working people with a plan, not some randomly popped out babies by me or related to me
and i do help them and i get helped by them

i provide when the plan is executed, if you want a rope, you dont leave two threads to lose
and even if they want a deep well, i make a mine, cause thats the correct order, then i make the well too, and leave some extra stuff,resource allocation can be a bitch but procrastinating is rewarded for example corn, making a cart, making fence in distant biome

you got 60 min, make it matter, and dont let to be distracted, stress just makes more mistakes
some plans are small, some bigger, some require sacrifice, but usually gets you extra time to fix small things

my goal is to rush trough boring phases and that saves time to all of us not just me, so dont try to simplify and misinterpret everything

Board footer