One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-12 13:17:15

JonySky
Website

"The protectors of civilizations"

To all those killers that "protect" the cities of the overpopulation, or mothers who think they know everything about their city and abandon the babies to their fate to avoid the "excess of children" I will explain my story:

I I was born in the west family, fifth generation, was a boy and my mother told me right away that there was "no food", and she told me to get lost and die ... I also had a sister (Bea West) who told me in a way overbearing ... DIE... (she died at 3 years old) I always try to survive ... ALWAYS! that is the mission of this game, survive and make a long civilization ... luckily I had a aunt and a cousin who fed me and saved my life ... thank you very much NIA WEST and REBECCA !, unfortunately my mother try capture me and leave me far, but I returned and insisted on surviving ... she never named me ... and she died at 27 years of hunger for trying to kill me ... when I had hair, take care of myself I left the camp without taking anything from there and I made an improvised knife that made me survive ... I have many hours of play and I do not need anything else to save my life and fill my stomach, I made a basket and I got food until I was old enough to walk with enough energy ... I decided to go back to the camp for help, and so I did, help to expand the farm, I made cakes, I made bowls and plates for the food of the pots. berries plants help others is their tasks, send young people to work as hunters and lumberjacks I made a new well, I also made backpacks, my civilization was prosperous, I had a lot of food and people had jobs and equipment to do their job. I was definitely a useful member of that community, when I had 57 years I decided that I did not want to use more resources of my people's food and give my backpack to my baker's successor ... with all this I mean it is important to value everyone, especially not to despise anyone, in This game is a lot of new and inexperienced people, but there are people who know what they do ... you never know what kind of person you are abandoning or killing.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=307622

San West, learn to survive, try to kill your children is not the solution to grow your civilization
43 generations, I was part of that, I helped to build that ... your SAN WEST... NO!

Last edited by JonySky (2018-06-12 13:55:13)

#2 2018-06-12 13:28:07

LHO

Re: "The protectors of civilizations"

It's just an excuse for self righteous griefers,.deep down they know it's bullshit.

But the griefers don't care. They will do it anyway.

Last edited by LHO (2018-06-12 13:43:03)

#3 2018-06-12 13:49:33

forestglade

Yeah. I had a crap mother who only named three children, and abandoned me and my sister. We were nameless.
Thankfully we were saved, I had a lovely cousin Annorah who fed me.

Of all her children, the named one died and my nameless sister and nameless me were the only ones that procreated and lived a long age and continued the line.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=309668

When my mom grew old, she came to me and said, "You are a bastard but I still love you." Then she gave me her clothes and her crown.

I took the crown and handed it to my Cousin Annorah who had saved me, and gave it to her.

#4 2018-06-12 13:50:39

forestglade

Also, when I do try to abandon a kid, and when the kid FIGHTS to survive, I usually relent and end up feeding and naming the kid.

#5 2018-06-12 13:57:28

JonySky
Website

I also do the same, it is important to value the survival instinct ... who tries to survive as a baby, I'm sure he wants to help!

#6 2018-06-12 14:25:57

West

Thank you for your work!

About that abandoming of children: Well as Eve you can not really afford to keep every single one. I mostly end up keeping 2 daughters and 0-2 boys. All this depends on the spot ofcurse

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#7 2018-06-12 14:50:12

Lum

If you really can't take care of a child, at least let them maybe live in exile around the town once they have hair! Who knows, if she's a girl she might expand your lineage somewhere else.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#8 2018-06-12 15:01:05

sc0rp

West wrote:

About that abandoming of children: Well as Eve you can not really afford to keep every single one. I mostly end up keeping 2 daughters and 0-2 boys. All this depends on the spot ofcurse

That's too harsh.  I actually found a method to keep more children as Eve.  On the run, while still searching for spot, you obviously can afford only one.  Once I found spot, I kept every single child that was not completely dumb (like running away from warm tile, even if told not to do so).  The only job I gave them all is: "Here is a basket, go forage, stay alive. Bring some food if you can. I'll keep building camp/farm."  That worked pretty well, with 4-5 kids alive to help later on.  And only smart ones, which is also a boost (dumb ones starved when foraging).  You need to have big green biome(s) next to camp for it to work, though.

#9 2018-06-12 15:33:43

Pronghorn

What a good son you were to the village. So useful. You sure showed your mom. If she only knew.
Thumbs up friend. smile

Please be kind.

#10 2018-06-13 00:22:46

pein

moving kids are noobs and griefers, i warn them then just leave them die

you know if your kid is experienced or not, or  a troll

i always name them even if i drop them to a sitter

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2018-06-13 05:09:16

Baker

It annoys me more when they don't say anything. I was just born to a mother in the East family. We were next to an iron mine and she had some gear so she must have been from an okay town. But she said nothing to me, There was even a patch of desert with a good temp.

So I stood on the desert tile begging for life but she refused to even acknowledge my existence, Not even a "Sry". I think she was a griefer because she was just in the wilderness making arrows.

I just checked the family tree and she just got killed by a snake. She killed an old woman and that's about it from what I saw.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

Board footer