One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-08 18:21:18

sc0rp

Home Marker

How does inheriting home maker work? Even if I make it before child is born, some kids tell me they don't see it. What are requirements for it to work?

#2 2018-06-08 20:40:27

Stankysteve

Re: Home Marker

They wont see it if its on screen when you mention it.

#3 2018-06-08 20:51:42

Lilizard

No, its different. Happened to me a few times. Even when I know that my mom got a marker I don't see it, even when I'm far away. And then other times I inherit it with no problem....

If someone could explain why it happens?

#4 2018-06-08 21:08:53

Rebel

an easy way to remedy this is just to leave a sharp rock and round stone in a basket next to your homemaker so people can set theirs.

I have no idea why it sometimes does it and sometimes doesn't maybe there is some sort of timer we don't see

#5 2018-06-08 21:19:00

matthy

what happens btw if you chop down someones marker to place you own?
does theirs disappear?

#6 2018-06-08 21:26:18

Rebel

No, everyone can use some marker, you used to be able to hit a home marker with a stone to make it yours but now you have to remake it, you cannot grief people by destroying their home markers. they only get destroyed if that person makes a new one or they destroy the old one.

#7 2018-06-08 21:58:24

YAHG

Rebel wrote:

No, everyone can use some marker, you used to be able to hit a home marker with a stone to make it yours but now you have to remake it, you cannot grief people by destroying their home markers. they only get destroyed if that person makes a new one or they destroy the old one.

I think it should be like that again.. No reason why we can't share a home marker. It even makes more sense that way. People usually know the way home.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#8 2018-06-08 22:07:16

Rebel

YAHG wrote:
Rebel wrote:

I think it should be like that again.. No reason why we can't share a home marker. It even makes more sense that way. People usually know the way home.

Agreed

#9 2018-06-08 22:24:01

Lilizard

YAHG wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Hey, I didn't know that, thank you! I was always afraid I'd get someone lost in the wilderness if I destroy their marker. Although I totally agree, there should be only one maker in the village that everybody get connected to. Plus it would have additional sentimental value: "This, my child, is the maker your grand-grandma made very long ago when she found this place. Since then every member of our family has left their own mark on it. You are a part of this line, and your kids will be too." Much in the theme of the game, I think.

Last edited by Lilizard (2018-06-08 22:25:39)

#10 2018-06-09 00:03:01

sc0rp

Rebel wrote:

Maybe it's bugged there? If one of your kids remakes it, you still have it, but children born later don't inherit it?

#11 2018-06-09 00:05:13

Rebel

sc0rp wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Maybe it's bugged there? If one of your kids remakes it, you still have it, but children born later don't inherit it?

That's a good shout ill give it a test when I get some computant family members

#12 2018-06-09 02:03:16

YAHG

I could've sworn I have lost my home marker before. Maybe it changed, I suppose you could test it pretty easily.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein

#13 2018-06-09 02:15:16

abliss

Jason said that kids inherit your home marker only if it's onscreen when they're born.

#14 2018-06-09 03:22:06

sc0rp

abliss wrote:

Jason said that kids inherit your home marker only if it's onscreen when they're born.

Oh, that's bad. Any specific reason for that? I have no way to control where they are born...

#15 2018-06-09 03:47:45

YAHG

I think we should just be able to touch a home marker with our hands and that just becomes out home marker too.

Imagine if you were giving directions and you couldn't say turn left at that first light because that is what you told the other person who asked you big_smile...

#16 2018-06-10 08:56:31

pein

exept for bells, if you or someone cuts your marker, sets it back to the bell
this can effectively kill you when you dont pay attention and sets your marker to almost same direction but you are away a bit and you need it, but you run like 6 biomes away and dont realize

put your skewer behind a tree, to not block, often i see a marker under the forge, i cut it with no questions, you cant put  there anything else and you obviously need like 12 free tiles to forge, lets say 3 flat stones, 3 bowls, 3 plates hammer stone, 2 tongs, charcoal, basket, adobe, fire brand, clay, etc

every time i try to space kilns out, they put an oven next to it, rabbits, the farm under it, its not a city center, its a work station
and maybe cut it when you are old

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#17 2018-06-10 10:04:48

sc0rp

abliss wrote:

Actually they inherit ANY home marker that's on screen when they are born.  Got this answer from Jason when I reported some kids not inheriting my home maker as a bug:

jasonrohrer wrote:

They only inherit it if it is near them when they are born.  They don't inherit yours, actually, but any home marker that is on their screen when they are born.

Board footer