One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-03 14:17:56

Lucas7001

Mac error - The game no longer opens!

So I am on a mac book pro and I downloaded this game, play for about half an hour and love, then the game crashes.
I start it p again and after ten minutes it cashes
Again I start it up. Crash.

So I just think it might sort itself out at somepoint but it was still bearable because I wasnt living for that long anyway, however then I look at the settings in game and change fullscreen to 'on'. The game tells me to restart so I do and all that happens now is I double click the game icon and it says its opening, the entire screen goes black for half a second and then nothing, the game still says its running but I cant see anything.

And ok I get that you want a log of those crashes, but right now id like to solve the prblem of my entire game not being visible when I load it up.

How am I supposed to change the settings now?

I cant edit the .ini file because im on a mac and when I use TextEdit it just says this file is read only

How can I uninstall and reinstall??? I see no option on the website and I am terrified that if I delete the game ill have to pay for it again, please help me or give me a partial refund ive only had this for an hour and its unplayable

Last edited by Lucas7001 (2018-03-04 20:49:43)

#2 2018-03-05 23:00:55

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Mac error - The game no longer opens!

Two problems:

1.  The game is installed in a read-only location.  Re-extract from the DMG and put it somewhere else.  That's why it's crashing.

2.  Fullscreen doesn't work very well on some Macs.  So that's why you're seeing a black screen.  I haven't found a fix for this problem.  To fix it, you need to edit the fullscreen.ini file.  But the file should NOT be read-only, and TextEdit should be able to open the file.

Board footer