One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-31 11:19:44

Berry_Bee

Do playeres hate Eves??

I probably just got the best spawn as an Eve I've ever seen in my life. Massive amount of berries, water and rabbits/carrots not to far from where I decided to build home. Me and my two sons managed to get everything we needed for a farm and smiting in under 40 mins. But none of it mattered because every other baby I had took off the second they spawned in and I became too old before I had a girl. I've noticed this a lot happening when I play as an Eve, what's the deal? Are people seriously too lazy to play on anything other than a massively built city? Or is there some other reason? Either way it really sucks and takes a whole lot of fun out of the game.

#2 2018-05-31 11:22:21

Aurora Aurora

Re: Do playeres hate Eves??

I think most people are just lazy. I only kill myself if im a boy to an eve who has nothing.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#3 2018-05-31 11:25:31

Berry_Bee

Which I feel is reasonable, since the eve will most likely do better if she can get some things started before she has to begin childcare.

#4 2018-05-31 11:39:30

sc0rp

Berry_Bee wrote:

Which I feel is reasonable, since the eve will most likely do better if she can get some things started before she has to begin childcare.

I thought like this but actually I had best runs with the kid that spawns right at start together with me.  If you pick them off, name yourself, name them, and immediately start temp running, you are signalling to them that you know what you doing.  If they stay put in your arms for few minutes and don't talk anything until they think spot is good, you know you're gonna be smithing in this lifetime. Once you found the right place, they are old enough to grab a basket and start doing something usefull immediatelly.

#5 2018-05-31 12:08:07

Berry_Bee

Which is also assuming they don't book it for the horizon if things aren't 100% perfect

#6 2018-05-31 12:50:03

Anshin

I've had very similar experiences. Either being the Eve, or her son, where the whole camp gets built and it's beautiful and not a single girl survives due to suicide or incompetence. I still don't know how they starve next to food - it may be suicide without running off first.

There is a steady "panic" while setting up initial camp, so there really isn't time for teaching new players beyond "farm the carrots until you're older".

There's that bit between having the farm running and having a sheep pen where the new players usually screw it up by "having too many carrot sponge kids" or letting everything go to seed. The problem is obvious because you told them to farm and it's boring and having kids is more interesting than picking carrots so they raise them. The new kids are told by the noob farmers to also stay by the farm and so that's when the population of carrot sponges happens.

Meanwhile, you're trying to smith a shovel with a dozen kids swarming you.

Then comes the really dangerous part... You built the sheep pen. But catching the mouflon lamb requires a bow and arrow - and by the time you've built that too you're too old to go hunting. So you give it to the most competent person you can find and hope they don't go on a murder spree.

THAT'S WHERE THE MURDER HAPPENS.

Please don't murder people.
I know there's a lot of them at this point.
I know they're super annoying.
I know the town is running out of soil.
Just get the lamb, and bring it back, and get the compost cycle started.

Chances are by the time you get back natural selection will have starved off the weakest players anyway.
You know how to forage.
Hunting is relaxing.
... and a shovel of dung never looked so good. smile

#7 2018-05-31 13:01:17

sc0rp

Berry_Bee wrote:

Which is also assuming they don't book it for the horizon if things aren't 100% perfect

If spot doesn't look good, I'm not staying either.

#8 2018-05-31 13:21:41

JS

I like it very much.
My favorite order:

1. Eve's child
2. Eve's grandson
3. Eve

Eve is good, but it takes a lot of time to nurture.
Eve lacks time to prepare in advance.
Eve's son or grandson is easy to contribute to the village.

However, when I am a child or a grandchild of Eve, if the position of the house is bad, I find a good place and go away.
A good place is far from a bad place, so it is hard to return to the old house.
I can not find the way.
When I return to the old house, there are many cases where only the bones are left.

I hope that my mother and siblings will be able to confirm the survival of the family lineage and receive comfort in the genealogy when I have created a good new house.

Last edited by JS (2018-05-31 13:27:15)

#9 2018-05-31 13:27:50

TrustyWay

When I'm an eve's child, I poke bear caves before suiciding. Somebody will do it anyway, I just spear them some time, they should gratefull to me.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-05-31 13:29:02)

#10 2018-06-01 08:31:01

pein

you can wake up some cacti and rabbit

all i need is a desert a few ponds, and a tile of carrot, so i dont need to run bush to bush
if i see you with a kiln in middle of green biome, i dont care if im called Hope or Faith
if i see you barely started, i just suicide
if i spawn with a kid, i always try to keep it, he/she is part of a story,seen your first moment, you will run for a spot anyway

i dont really suicide if i see a lot of babies, most of them wont keep temp or say anything and starves, but i would advise anyone who is not experienced to stay in that case

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer