One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-08 22:17:32

Izzytok

The story of the child wife

Just a little story of a game I just played. I decided to roleplay a bit, and since people played along it turned out pretty interesting.

I was born a girl in a well off town. My mother died very soon after my birth (didn't even name me) but luckily, a man named Lucky decided to marry me.

He married me soon after my birth, and gave me a backpack as a wedding gift. He told me tales of a city to the west, and that life there would be better. He asked me if I wanted to go. I said "Sure", and off we went despite the protest of my older brother Martin.

Martin was very protective of me. He said I shouldn't go, as lucky is a pedo (in retrospect he was pretty old). Being the caring brother that he was, Martin decided to come with us. We grabbed some pies and left.

Soon we came upon a spaced out wooden road that lead us right into the farmlands of "FUCKS" (previously known as DUCKS). We met a farmer there, and lucky told him: "I've brought a child wife", and the man, eager to leave the farm said: "Then farm, child wife". From then on I was known as the child wife.

Life was good for a while on the farm, but then one day when Lucky wasn't home, Martin came up to me and said: "You have to run, you're not safe here". I'm sure it had to do with my husband, Lucky. But over the years, I've come to adore my husband, he gave me a complete set of wool clothes, so I wasn't cold on the farm. So I said: "I'm not leaving without my hubby". Right then Lucky returned with a group of friends, and my brother produced a knife out of nowhere. Without a word he gave lucky a fatal blow to the gut. Lucky was exasperated, he knew Martin had no love for him, but such hatered he didn't come to expect.

Obviously, Lucky's company didn't take lightly to the random murder, and they quickly revealed weapons of their own. Martin just wanted me to leave, and while he was trying to tell me to run, he met the same fate as Lucky. Suddenly I was all alone in this strange town. The retributive murder of martin resulted in another death before the blood cooled off, and everything was explained. There I was in the middle of my carrot field surrounded by the corpses of the only people I knew. People didn't seem to care all that much...

Struck by grief I decided to keep working on the farm in solitude. It was years before someone who cared came to the farm. That person was my cousin thrice removed, he was unnamed as I was. I told him I lost everyone I loved, and that I had nothing. He said he would love me, and fed me a carrot. Before I could comprehend what was happening I gave birth to a boy. I called him Blessing.

Life had meaning for me again. Soon I gave birth to a girl and named her Bertha. I decided to try sheep herding, so i could clothe my kids. The farm was a mess and sheep kept escaping from the pen so I tried to fix that up. Suddenly there was a commotion in the main square (near the bell tower and the sign). Someone had stolen a horse-drawn cart, and the villagers were not pleased. They went up in arms, to hunt down the horse stealer. Two men came up to me armed with bows. The older one had no idea how the bow worked, so I tried to explain it to him. Just as he managed to nock the arrow onto the bow, and as I explained that he had to right click on his target, my screen flashed red.

Did he really just try out his bow on me?
As funny as that would have been; no. The other, younger man shot me dead. I had no good parting words, so I just stood there in disbelief, untill I bled out.

And so ends the story of the child wife. Died at 37, shot by a bow. And the chaos in FUCKS continues... No idea what happened to the horse-stealer.

Hope you enjoyed this story. Turned out a bit longer than I expected. Cheers!

Last edited by Izzytok (2018-05-08 22:22:07)

#2 2018-05-09 02:12:44

thirdplanet

Re: The story of the child wife

Every time I'm born in FUCKS town I book it outta there as soon as I'm old enough... I used to like living in towns but this one is just too wild and lawless for me haha...

Discord: kingbaby // be nice!

#3 2018-05-09 02:27:42

Spockulon

thirdplanet wrote:

Every time I'm born in FUCKS town I book it outta there as soon as I'm old enough... I used to like living in towns but this one is just too wild and lawless for me haha...

I was born in [F/D/S] ucks town twice yesterday evening (Pacific Time), both times were pretty quiet for me. When I was there the town sign read "BRPUCKWOBES" or something like that. Letters all over the place. But I never witnessed any of the wars or drama? Was it after or before my time there? Hmm..

First life Male I lived until 40, died by snake. Spent my whole life looking for gold to complete the belltower.

Second life Male, decided to go out and live in the wilderness. Explored other towns. Starved in a large savannah biome.

If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean (the village, that is)!

#4 2018-05-09 02:37:37

thirdplanet

Spockulon wrote:

Was it after or before my time there? Hmm..

...Spent my whole life looking for gold to complete the belltower...

Sounds like after your time! All the times I have been killed there, the bell tower has been complete.

I haven't personally been involved in any major wars, but I have been killed by fellow townspeople every dang time, for seemingly no reason haha. There are lots of weapons around, and people go hog wild. Besides that, its a very disorganized town comparatively, which stresses me out!

Discord: kingbaby // be nice!

#5 2018-05-09 02:48:40

Tarr
Banned

Spockulon wrote:

I was born in [F/D/S] ucks town twice yesterday evening (Pacific Time), both times were pretty quiet for me. When I was there the town sign read "BRPUCKWOBES" or something like that. Letters all over the place. But I never witnessed any of the wars or drama? Was it after or before my time there? Hmm..

All the fighting in the town was from like 10am est to about 5pm or so when Jason launched the patch. After that an Eve repopulated it and all the actual war stuff stopped. If you ever end up in the town your best bet is just to go to the eastern town. It's a much nicer place with a lot less murder overall.

fug it’s Tarr.

#6 2018-05-09 08:02:17

pein

well yesterday the roads were stolen, the pen gone, the door gone, the trees cut, all it was is dry wells and poop

i fixed the pen in 4 runs there and made new tools

people are lazy and dumb, had to tell them to move farm, had to make fire, had to get firewood, had to fire oven, had to make pies, had to bring cactus fruit, and my last 3 minutes, i made 2 fires just to die my clothes, a lady was too lazy to make kindling so just fucked up my fire, so i had the other fire for mordant, and the left one for color, people stole all my dye ready clothes
and everybody was painting blue, giving it to kids. only thing they didnt feed those kids but hey, at least dies with a blue hat.

i was the only one with loin cloth and backpack, and my mom, old ladies made some stuff, but most kids just lived off from stuff others made

all you find is sheep dung, a pen of 81 tiles and 70 dung xD

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer