One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-07 21:42:45

Tarr
Banned

Ducks: A city of blood.

Our story starts in the little village of ducks (or suck if you were there before I changed the sign up.) We were a rather well off village minus a few people here and there that seemed to either be new at the game or possibly dropped on their heads as a baby. We had more pies than people at one point I swear. However, many of the cities wells grew dry and people stopped caring to even attempt water the rather large carrot farm we had. Once the seemingly endless amount of pies disappeared a famine occurred causing the first wave of deaths the land would see. At about this time I believe is when the family split into two distinct groups. The first group would stay in the northern city of Ducks while the second group left home for a city southwestern city. I'm not sure if they ever had a name but I never had any good experience with these folk. A child came running up to the bakery screaming of our sister city taking carts of supplies back home with them. I ignored the girls cry as I was more interested in making sure our fair people had plenty of pies to eat and I wasn't exactly willing to go searching from some petty thieves.

Later in my life a gentleman from our sister city returned home asking if we could spare them a little girl to help repopulate their dying city. Instead, the man was greeted with a steel blade to his gut. This splash of blood would be the spark that set Ducks into what seemed to be a never ending war with her sister city. I believe the north and southwest city fought for a good three hours at the very least. I can remember many men being sent back and forth with their only goal to end the lives of family now spread across the land. I have to assume Ducks had won the war as five or six hours after the initial event the southwestern city lay abandoned of any real form of life. Ducks however, is not a city of peace. When I was born there again my grandmother and a few other people were arming themselves to attack an eastern city. An old man informed me this conflict started when thieves stole from his mother. This was the new war against non-related peoples which continued up until server shutdown.

TL;DR - Village splits into two groups after a huge famine and end up in conflict for a few hours. Same village gets into another conflict that lasts until patch is launched.

fug it’s Tarr.

#2 2018-05-07 21:46:50

YAHG

Re: Ducks: A city of blood.

Sweet!

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#3 2018-05-07 22:27:39

lostlandofcarrots

Was that today? I do remember being born in a desert town with a food shortage. I brought back many wild carrot seeds from the north and helped start the farm back up, but then a full blown battle broke out between our city and some invaders. I hung around among the mayhem to see what would become of it all, but was ironically killed by a snake when I went for more seeds.

#4 2018-05-07 22:48:51

Angel Carrillo

sneks. not snakes
okay im joking around.

#5 2018-05-07 23:19:57

Lotus

Ah, yes, I have been born there a few times, but was never asked to go to war because my virgin eyes are unaware how to kill people.

Just finished a lifetime there; ended with starvation at age 54, the women kept keeping the children and ate all the seeding carrot pods. My dear unnamed brother was so supportive and we died next to each other before my family could get any pies.

#6 2018-05-08 00:49:52

Sekiu

I was in Ducks! I was born during the war with the Eastern city. My mom named me Athena because I was born in times of war. The Eastern city lost . I visited it when no one was left alive. It was a ghost town. Ducks came to an end when me and a few women were left, I was old by this time, but no babies were being born to the younger women. I think this was right around the update time. I remember, when I was a baby, a boy coming into town saying there was a ghost town to the south west.

I was reborn in Ducks a few hours later. It was doing well. When I grew, I was curious about the Eastern city so I went there. They had tons of food saved up. But I came across a murdered corpse so I high-talied it out of there. I had to log off shortly after, so I went home and gave the only young girl I saw my gear. She got my stylin snake skin fruit boots.

Last edited by Sekiu (2018-05-08 00:50:39)

#7 2018-05-08 08:17:52

pein

i changed the letter to duck, after a guy was messing with it . had a few towns so not sure, which one exactly, was born there several times, ended up griefed i think, as all big towns yesterday ive been, exept the one with the stone/adobe bakery

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2018-05-08 09:27:43

Mirelli

If I’m thinking of the same city, the sign says “Fucks” now. I didn’t change it but it was funny to see

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#9 2018-05-08 10:37:58

Baker

It was interesting seeing an actual war between towns. I noticed that more boys were being kept then usual, although they all got sent to war and few survived. I was in the opposing town, I never did any raids but I was ordered to keep boys because apparently, they needed more soldiers. First time I was actively encouraged to keep boys lol.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#10 2018-05-08 15:05:51

Izzytok

I find it very cool that such a dynamic can emerge in this game. I was born in "Fucks" later, when there wasn't any fighting. I was the main carrot farmer for a while, till my daughter took over. Would have been interesting to be alive during the war, noone in game even talked about it by the time I was there...

#11 2018-05-08 15:20:55

Tarr
Banned

Yeah the sign name change occurred after the patch when the war was officially over. Eve Morgan founded ducks after the patch and proceeded to populate the city of Ducks while Aura one of her later daughters filled the east with her kin. I tried to make sure to tell all my children the history of the cities but it seems like history did not get passed down with each and every generation we had.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer