One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-03 09:58:07

Tane

Bears. Our bane, our rugs.

I lived in a village. It was a nice village, one I've been born into before.
It followed on an early idea in making a few wells, which soon after a few generations turned into a half wall of wells around our carrot farm in the shape of an L.
My name was Razz I think, and our little tribe had just started making our tools. I farmed, helped where I could. Upgraded a well. I found that to help out, if not at the farm, I could get the clothes and baskets the youngin's lost out in the wilds. That's where I first saw it.
The bear. I saw my nephew just as the saw the bear, and ran straight past him while straining to warn. It followed but by teasing it between us it must have been confusing. My nephew ran off and I lost them for a moment before the bear came for me, south. I ran to the shaft field, just as I saw another child, one I didn't recognize be devoured in seconds. The bear followed so I dodged between the trees and lost it. As I returned home, I called my warning to the family.To the other elders.
I warned that the bear was loose, that it could kill us all. That it ate two of our children!
Just as the nephew I believed lost dashed past from the north, the opposite direction of the beast. I figured the child must've led it away, and told my family that was one of the children I thought lost. They laughed and we carried on with our lives.
The years progressed after that, and I became an old man.
It was then when my sister was truly coming into her own that it came.

THE BEAR!!!!

It was just outside the village, striding across the desert.
I managed to warn my sister and niece as she was holding her child. In desperation, and thinking that an old man could do at least one more useful thing, I told them I wanted to at least  "Get my shot" in at the old nemesis.
She informed me the the bow we most preciously needed was in the north, the same direction as our foe. In a moment we cautiously peered north to see if we could find it, it attacked again. This time, realising it was either an old man or mother and babe, I teased the bear to the bone tree.

I hope I gave my tribe the time it needed to run. To survive yet another day, and maybe in a generation or two, reclaim our village from the Bear Scourge.

Oh, and damn whoever let that thing out in the first place.

#2 2018-05-03 10:07:21

pein

Re: Bears. Our bane, our rugs.

was there , were two bears, one ate me as it ran i lagged out or didnt let me step
i was 15 without a marker and i lost direction to the rabbits in desert, was nice little village, mb not enough green land

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-05-03 13:56:51

Tane

I just saw, it survived!
I wonder who killed the bear...
On a side note, aunties started killing me. One stabbed me, then later another one shot me with her bow.

#4 2018-05-03 15:01:28

breezeknight

i was playing yesterday in a settlement where apparently not only the bear was loose but also at least one griefer & murderer

the bear was circling the settlement for years but nobody managed so far to kill him, he had already one arrow in him
i didn't even have a backpack at that time because nobody cared for nothing in that settlement, i was making a backpack for me as i saw the bear again & thought that maybe i should rather help out
i knew that there was a bow in the settlement, so i concentrated on making arrows, i managed to make two & ran back to the settlement with those arrows in a basket but the bow was gone, i asked where it was, nobody answered but in return a killer showed his knife & started moving towards me, everybody else was running in circles helpless, i think, i just gave up then, the people in that settlement were anyway not very helpful with each other, they didn't care to defend themseves against the bear as there was still time, so maybe they just didn't deserve to be protected against neither, the bear & the killer

i just run far away, miles & miles into the wild & died from old age feeding of berries tongue

Board footer