One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-03 00:42:47

akoopatroop

Trust Dilemma - aka Mariano was not the griefer, killer was.

The actual people are prob still in-game so this isn't going to get to them, but had my first experience with an asshole griefer.

Interestingly, he killed me and (I think) got away with it because he blamed me. My Eve grandma died just before I could speak full words, and asked the fam to take care of the town. I wanted to help. We had a pretty decent system going, but were having food troubles. With cooperation no problem.

Haven't been trapped (or seen someone trapped) in a room before. Didn't realize you couldn't walk over open trash pits (knew sheep couldn't). So, points for cleverness, Jason. Not really a sign I'm a newb, that I haven't interacted with this exact configuration before, but if it makes you feel better, eh. Anyway, got out because someone finally filled in the trash hole. That was nice of them.

But. A murderer came to steal clothes. I ran away but grabbed a carrot to run after my aunt with a baby (I think she was the one who had let me out). Found pies were locked away the same place I had been. Realize bro Jason has a knife and he either thinks I'm the new murderer or is acting like he does. I could have gotten away from him, but was male, didn't want my family to starve. Needed to rescue the pies, which meant filling the trash heap, getting the basket of pies, (hoping not  to get trapped again), and getting to back to the farm without getting killed. Then he runs up wtih the knife and calls me the griefer. Can't protest my innocence that well while trying to drop off pies AND avoid knife so end up dead.

Interesting but less fun experience. I'm sure the dude had fun but I'm guessing it was a net loss since the other half-dozen people seemed to be playing to maintain/extend the town.

Since communication is so costly there isn't really anyway to explain a situation, especially not while trying to avoid the guy with the knife. Can't really see a way around that.

Net result: asshole murderer with a knife still in game, helpful young adult killed. Too bad.

#2 2018-05-03 01:07:48

Lily

Re: Trust Dilemma - aka Mariano was not the griefer, killer was.

One problem I have noticed is that since there is only like four versions of characters for each gender, there tends to be a lot of people who all look alike. I have had people chase after me before, because I looked like someone else, and I seen people kill someone or something and then no one could tell who it was because so many people look alike.

#3 2018-05-03 01:10:50

YAHG

Hard ti figure out who done it. Other than the bloody knives/bows etc there isn't much evidence, any after they wear off.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#4 2018-05-03 01:17:24

KucheKlizma

If you kill someone always claim he's the bad guy.... Duh, no shit sherlock.

Never stopped me from killing a killer though. Free kill's a free kill. Saying "liar" usually sells it, even if the murderer isn't a liar.

Then again having a knife and being incapacitated is enough reason for people to want to kill you, I know it's enough for me, so saying whatever might not be worth 1 penny in the end, when a naked with a bow wants that grease.

And there goes that trust dilemma out the window.

Last edited by KucheKlizma (2018-05-03 01:18:22)

#5 2018-05-03 01:26:45

breezeknight

happens all the time & you can't tell who's good & who's not,
i've seen several innocent players murdered even by those trying to kill a griefer or killer & misjudging the situation

as long this game is that way, i don't even try, i just run away now,
i'm pretty sure, it's a hit to a murderer already not to be murdered by him tongue

& yes, i do not trust nobody now in OHOL, betrayed one time too often

#6 2018-05-03 03:32:31

Siolfor the Jackal

I think a lot of people are a bit too eager to kill someone, so even the hint that someone might be a griefer is enough for them.

#7 2018-05-03 03:40:30

Superfun2
Banned

I killed you because you had a basket of pies and where running away from the city also someone sealed the entrance to the stone hut also when you died only me and the guy in a red sweater remained he later starved and it was me and a girl that repopulate d the city I later died at 59

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#8 2018-05-03 05:44:41

pein

today i respawned second time to Star family
i was the eves second daughter, only one left alive, they moved away in few hours and the city was prospering

i seen the bows but didnt mind at first, only that so many females, no males, had a nice sister who babysitted for me once, we had pies, but not much carts, which was stupid, had an uncle who started sheep pen and helped me on firewood, he did all the hard work

then i seen on the edge of the screen that they killed a kid, dunno the reason they tried to explain but i just stabbed them both
"griefer", a baby who barely can move, what he could grief near an oven, and probably they left him die last life, maybe took a basket of pie, anyway i just kill murderers even if they innocent, if they used once, they find a reason, and justify themselves

funny thing i had a boy in my hand who was old enough then 3 babies with bloody knife in my hand, and very probably the ones that i just killed

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2018-05-03 05:44:50

Lily

I usually try to confirm who the griefer/murder is by either seeing them kill someone and catching their name, or if they don't run I ask the other people around why they killed the person. I don't really trust the murderer but if there are people around, they should know something.

#10 2018-05-03 18:55:40

akoopatroop

Yeah, I've been killed by my sister because I gave her the arrow after she denied knowledge of our mom's body. Figured it was likely outcome so why bother with that line?

#11 2018-05-03 18:59:31

akoopatroop

breezeknight wrote:

...yeah and if I'm not going to enjoy playing with other people, why bother with online multiplayer?

The time my baby only knew Spanish so I had to quickly pull up google translate to figure out how to say "leave carrots to seed" was pretty cool, though.

So we'll see how it goes.

#12 2018-05-04 02:44:43

YAHG

akoopatroop wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

...yeah and if I'm not going to enjoy playing with other people, why bother with online multiplayer?

The time my baby only knew Spanish so I had to quickly pull up google translate to figure out how to say "leave carrots to seed" was pretty cool, though.

So we'll see how it goes.

Lo siento no hablo Espanol

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#13 2018-05-04 11:50:27

karltown

Superfun2 wrote:

I killed you because you had a basket of pies and where running away from the city also someone sealed the entrance to the stone hut also when you died only me and the guy in a red sweater remained he later starved and it was me and a girl that repopulate d the city I later died at 59

I was red sweater guy. Connection issues, sorry dude. Hope I helped dye your clothes.

Every time time you pick a seed carrot a penguin dies.

Board footer