One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-28 08:14:06

breezeknight

ok - i won't be playing any family anymore until gameplay improves

updated now to the latest version

since there is no family tree family tree was included on 12 may 2018

& i am being still easily murdered because i am a peaceful & caring player who prefers to trust than distrust

& on top, my descendants die out anyway at average, so i do not see ANY good gameplay gain for me to care for other players in MY in game life

does that mean that you, another player, won't be EVER AGAIN a child of mine ? YES,
this will stay that way until Jason improves the gameplay to a point where i can know for sure that my endevours of raising a family are actually successful & until he includes any peaceful solution for me not to die by the hand of some other player because they're bored

i suggested belts to cary a weapon
i suggested medicine to cure wounds
there are surely some other options how to deal in a peaceful way with in game murder without its complete removal

until anything that helps me to protect myself will be included, anything else than to kill, run away & most importantly - DISTRUST everybody
until then i protest
& if such changes should never be included - so be it

- - -

clarification how i protest :

1. if i am being spawned as Eve, i stay alone & ignore every other player spawning as my baby, i don't even bother to stop & say "sorry" anymore

2. if i am being born a female baby, i suicide right away

3. as a male baby i support the settlement if i am supported in a constructive way to live, that means if there is murder, then i go away

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-05-15 10:51:08)

#2 2018-04-28 11:07:42

pein

Re: ok - i won't be playing any family anymore until gameplay improves

same
two girls alive at a time, abandon the rest even kill them if they try to sneak to other girl, or better kill other girls, nieces are not nice most often

i keep the boys if food allows it, i gonna kill anyone who gonna run around aimlessly

once a day maybe do an eve run and once a day more kids, no patience doing it

also wont teach if have many kids, even place them into a carrot farm and build every advanced things backpack distance so no noobs gonna wonder there

shields should prevent an attack and get destroyed

also i gonna hide anything i need later and make berry bowls until i can even if others starve cause of it

Last edited by pein (2018-04-28 11:08:32)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-04-29 02:38:15

Angel Carrillo

Finally, an actual issue. I was born to a family where my mother murdered me literally because she was bored. If you're bored, just leave the game, simple!

#4 2018-04-29 02:51:18

kubassa
Banned

pein wrote:

same
two girls alive at a time, abandon the rest even kill them if they try to sneak to other girl, or better kill other girls, nieces are not nice most often

i keep the boys if food allows it, i gonna kill anyone who gonna run around aimlessly

also wont teach if have many kids, even place them into a carrot farm and build every advanced things backpack distance so no noobs gonna wonder there

also i gonna hide anything i need later and make berry bowls until i can even if others starve cause of it

A griefer....... Sad....

This is why I will be born from you as a girl and play nice until......... I can hold a knife or bow and get my revenge for the slaying you gave me........... WAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

I got huge ballz.

#5 2018-04-29 03:42:49

YAHG

kubassa wrote:
pein wrote:

same

A griefer....... Sad....

This is why I will be born from you as a girl and play nice until......... I can hold a knife or bow and get my revenge for the slaying you gave me........... WAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually dote on mah babies at least until they can grab shit. If they run
away I don't chase em though F that.

At least you understand the art of Vendetta so you and me can get along. I MOSTLY
only kill people who call me names in game to me it is RP thing. Babies are people too..
People think we should just not give a shit when people feed us to the snakes on
purpose and shit..

Dirty laundry doesn't just dissappear..

I also liked your idea of only the STRONK should rule with the crown, but how the fuck
do we get the peasants to do what we want?

I think controlling the water supply is good plan maybe?

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#6 2018-04-29 03:46:23

kubassa
Banned

YAHG wrote:
kubassa wrote:
pein wrote:

same

A griefer....... Sad....

I usually dote on mah babies at least until they can grab shit. If they run
away I don't chase em though F that.

At least you understand the art of Vendetta so you and me can get along. I MOSTLY
only kill people who call me names in game to me it is RP thing. Babies are people too..
People think we should just not give a shit when people feed us to the snakes on
purpose and shit..

Dirty laundry doesn't just dissappear..

I also liked your idea of only the STRONK should rule with the crown, but how the fuck
do we get the peasants to do what we want?

I think controlling the water supply is good plan maybe?

Give orders.... they don't follow.... They die.... It's a really simple concept.

and it's totally not me killing babies with snakes *cough* (yes it is)

I got huge ballz.

#7 2018-04-29 04:27:55

MidgetMaker

I've played over 100 hours and have never been in this kind of drama.  Maybe i'm lucky.  You guys have some fucked up families or something.

#8 2018-04-29 04:35:28

Jesus Christ

Man.... Sounds like you just need to get good. I started right before the update and have been having NO trouble staying alive and keeping all my kids alive (The ones who don't get themselves killed).

On a more serious note, you just need to adapt. The game is still really fun, you can't expect to always be able to play the same way when the game is constantly changing and evolving.

#9 2018-04-29 04:37:41

YAHG

Jesus Christ wrote:

Man.... Sounds like you just need to get good. I started right before the update and have been having NO trouble staying alive and keeping all my kids alive (The ones who don't get themselves killed).

On a more serious note, you just need to adapt. The game is still really fun, you can't expect to always be able to play the same way when the game is constantly changing and evolving.

Preach it

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein

#10 2018-04-29 05:23:43

thirdplanet

YAHG wrote:
Jesus Christ wrote:

Preach it

^^ That good good truth! So sayeth the Lord!

Discord: kingbaby // be nice!

#11 2018-04-29 06:33:38

pein

yeah people like you, call me griefer, you who stand near the fire, sending kids out to bring food, having no clue about what is 20 tiles away, causing overpopulation over and over, getting mad of murders, you are the actual murderers, a baby dead at age 0 wasted 1 minute, a baby dead at  age ten dead because shitty mothers like you who cant teach them cause holding the next three babies until he/she grows up, and runs aimlessly, cause cant find anything, starts the wrong thing then dies cause berry bushes are depleted from the many kids who died before
each farm has a capacity, stay within it, or you are in no position to keep 3rd 4th kid   

sadly all the players who suicide already see you fcked up, yes i dont keep those embryos cause i cant provide a good life, but the ones are kept, at least got clothing and a plan
and sadly all the noob older sisters who overpopulate before having tools, never ever consider leaving the camp to build other one

dont get me wrong, i survive, alone, any harsh condition, anyone who finds one of my camps, has a good chance of just starting a great run. im not bored of game, im bored of attitude of players. two faced, cocky , rarely have any clue how much upkeep the city needs, they need leading but they dont let others tell them what to do, they dont recognize superior skilled persons, and mostly selfish, recognizing what you got and how much you can spend on things is very important, self procastination, if you pick a carrot, doesnt even worth letting 4 to seed, the difference is almost 50% loss, makes me mad they wanna let 1 single carrot seed when one is watered, go out and survive, come back in 5 minute then again, bring wild seed, smal lthings in evry single game, mostly lack of common sense and basic logic

i really like the key thing, but a trustful guard would work too, i guess. having  quests for new kids, like bring me an iron
the reward would be a piece of clothing, backpack, then acces to inner city, a matriarch would live outside the wall, and all kids would be there, she would get food for service, but the kids only a basket with some carrots, test of survival
any conflict would be decided in the arena, not by griefing inner city

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#12 2018-04-29 08:48:20

breezeknight

pein wrote:

dont get me wrong, i survive, alone, any harsh condition, anyone who finds one of my camps, has a good chance of just starting a great run. im not bored of game, im bored of attitude of players. two faced, cocky , rarely have any clue how much upkeep the city needs, they need leading but they dont let others tell them what to do, they dont recognize superior skilled persons, and mostly selfish, recognizing what you got and how much you can spend on things is very important, self procastination, if you pick a carrot, doesnt even worth letting 4 to seed, the difference is almost 50% loss, makes me mad they wanna let 1 single carrot seed when one is watered, go out and survive, come back in 5 minute then again, bring wild seed, smal lthings in evry single game, mostly lack of common sense and basic logic

yes, i always pick every carrot out of an already picked row because it drives me mad to see soil wasted because of less than all carrots seed

& those "nice" players keeping all babies are actually griefers
i was playing yesterday one run where i started as male kid & the farm was running well, someone made pies even, mum said i should catch rabbits, so i did, my entire life i was a rabbit hunter, brough lots of rabbits to the settlement, stayed alive in the wild mostly while the settlement went slowly to pieces because they kept all the babies like crazy, nobody farmed anymore, nobody made pies, but someone had time to make bow & arrows - yep, they either starved or were murdered - i just play mostly single player now, i'm not wasting my RL time anymore with destructive players

since yesterday around 30 babies tried to sneak into my Eve's life - ALL DEAD
i'm now not even hesitating a fraction of a sec to rethink if i should keep that kid right there - MUAHAHA lol

#13 2018-04-29 13:42:50

kubassa
Banned

breezeknight wrote:

Great now some noob considers keeping babies as griefing.

Jason please start writing code that punishes people for trying to raise all their children they are griefing like mad............................. LOL

P.S.
Maybe you should have tended the farm after your rabbit hunt instead of crying. Then made the pies but nope it much easier for you to cry on the forums that having babies is griefing in your opinion. COOL.

Last edited by kubassa (2018-04-29 13:45:14)

I got huge ballz.

#14 2018-04-30 07:44:26

YAHG

kubassa wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

Great now some noob considers keeping babies as griefing.

Jason please start writing code that punishes people for trying to raise all their children they are griefing like mad............................. LOL

P.S.
Maybe you should have tended the farm after your rabbit hunt instead of crying. Then made the pies but nope it much easier for you to cry on the forums that having babies is griefing in your opinion. COOL.

If you keep your babies you are a greifer but if you don't keep your babies they will come back to kill you..

We are fucking doomed!

#15 2018-04-30 08:18:58

stickyflypaper

I don't usually take my game life too seriously. If I go into it expecting that I and everyone else will die, anything else is bonus.

#16 2018-04-30 10:47:26

breezeknight

maybe i should clarify how i protest

1. if i am being spawned as Eve, i stay alone & ignore every other player spawning as my baby, i don't even bother to stop & say "sorry" anymore

2. if am being born a female baby, i suicide right away

3. as a male baby i support the settlement if i am supported in a constructive way to live, that means if there is murder, then i go away

#17 2018-04-30 10:58:49

pein

yes, keeping your babies means you dont do shit by the time
someone said one person needs 1 carrot field, 5 cactus and 4 berry bushes for a life, seems decent calculation
you cant help the cactus, but you can see you got 8 fields of carrot, dont make a baby, get soil keep next baby
also plant berry for each kid you made after first one

simple logic
also consider that all those babies you got are the ones everyone else in your camp rejected for having no food, or the ones just starved because you are stupid as fck and you drop him as a kid, with no food around, no directions, runs out and dies, then comes back to you, you raise him again and next time shoots you hopefully
you waste one minute for not feeding them
i also run away from babies, even if i want to keep them. do they got a will to live and a skill to do so, if they catch me i give titty, some games i even kidnapped kids who looked noob to me, especially in full gear, noobs in full gear are worst

yes, keeping a baby without resources and clothing is griefing, you kill more than a murderer could kill in a life
and not just your kids, everyone else who doesnt know that you making babies, and they need to extend farm very fast

simple rule: give each kid one piece of clothing, if you wanna keep them, once you naked, dont keep any kid until you got one single sock or anythign to give, let me see on how many you end up

and most importantly, if your daughter is not a noob, you dont need more kids, your time is done, let her manage the family tree

#18 2018-04-30 17:59:39

kubassa
Banned

YAHG wrote:

If you keep your babies you are a greifer but if you don't keep your babies they will come back to kill you..

We are fucking doomed!

That's why i don't raise any of my babies....... Ya just neva knows..............

P.S.
You can never kill me..... I R teh bestest bowman out there.................The skills i have with a knife............ Come at me bro.............

Last edited by kubassa (2018-04-30 18:29:38)

I got huge ballz.

#19 2018-04-30 22:45:25

KucheKlizma

pein wrote:

someone said one person needs 1 carrot field, 5 cactus and 4 berry bushes for a life, seems decent calculation

Depends on the person. Laughing in carrot sponge.

#20 2018-05-15 05:14:46

breezeknight

updated now to the latest version / 12 may 2018

basically it doesn't change anything since i am still an easy target to a murder

i still play as announced

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-05-15 05:16:17)

#21 2018-05-15 10:43:45

pein

KucheKlizma wrote:
pein wrote:

yepp, a kid costs 200 carrot, by latest calculations

#22 2018-05-15 12:11:19

Alleria

pein wrote:
KucheKlizma wrote:
pein wrote:

yepp, a kid costs 200 carrot, by latest calculations

My "calc", but it was 10 berry bushes. Personal record is a little over 4 bushes.

You eat between 160-720 calories a life. A top 10% player eats about 250 calories in a life (depending on job, town location, clothing etc), while a Telafiesta tier carrot sponge can eat more than 6000 calories. It's important to note that this is for a complete life (excluding breastfeeding stage), and very large proportion of players don't even make it to adulthood, let alone 55+.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#23 2018-05-15 18:42:16

YAHG

Tela is OP though, not a fair comparison.

Board footer