One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-21 23:36:55

Gomez

Logged in and logging off til next update

Well this was fun...clutter removal was already an issue it's a catastrophe now...Spawned in two tribal town both mostly occupied with broken items.

#2 2018-04-22 00:30:22

KucheKlizma

Re: Logged in and logging off til next update

Yeah this update is aids. I tried make it work, but everyone seems to be giving up, so I did like the others and just made sure I grief every milkweed, convert every berry to seeds, dig and eat every carrot that's seeding and make 100 bone needles.

Was already too easy to grief, too hard to cooperate, now it's absolutely unplayable.

#3 2018-04-22 00:33:40

georgiaryan

Yeah, I've just been trying to play and it really has significantly changed it. I love the idea of getting more challenges, but there's something about this update that is super cluttered and makes everything seem so useless.
Improvements:
- Slower decaying, things should last at-least a lifetime or two? otherwise what are we truly leaving for our family?
- Bigger green biomes - Not only are bases now less aesthetically pleasing, for base building (which is besides the point, i'm just being funny - lol), but the danger lands have become so big and they really don't have much of a purpose, which just seems like wasted spaced to me.

* I'm not mad about the update tho, cause I know Jason is trialing stuff and he'll deffo refine it, but it is a tad annoying cause I've been on such a buzz with it and it's irritating me atm hahah

Last edited by georgiaryan (2018-04-22 00:36:46)

#4 2018-04-22 14:38:44

Turnipseed

KucheKlizma wrote:

Yeah this update is aids. I tried make it work, but everyone seems to be giving up, so I did like the others and just made sure I grief every milkweed, convert every berry to seeds, dig and eat every carrot that's seeding and make 100 bone needles.

Was already too easy to grief, too hard to cooperate, now it's absolutely unplayable.

Dude i hate the update too but no need to screw it for the 8 people still playing this build

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#5 2018-04-22 23:50:32

KucheKlizma

Turnipseed wrote:
KucheKlizma wrote:

Dude i hate the update too but no need to screw it for the 8 people still playing this build

You mean I should be the one building the sandcastle, so the "others" can have fun stepping all over it? Nah I am the one who steps.

#6 2018-04-22 23:57:24

Obi

KucheKlizma wrote:
Turnipseed wrote:
KucheKlizma wrote:

You mean I should be the one building the sandcastle, so the "others" can have fun stepping all over it? Nah I am the one who steps.

you could just walk away... or is that to selfless for you?

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death
The Lawgiver as spoken by Cornelius in Planet of the Apes

#7 2018-04-23 00:06:38

KucheKlizma

Obi wrote:
KucheKlizma wrote:
Turnipseed wrote:

you could just walk away... or is that to selfless for you?

That's a good idea, I see a lot of people taking as much food and tools to different random locations to start "hermit settlements" and walk away. I still haven't given this griefing approach a chance, might be worth a try.

#8 2018-04-23 00:21:05

Nimue

this update is making me love apocalypse, im not much of a complainer but really turned me off, i understand as have been said that Jason is testing things but this update its a massacre of joy, yes the game should be hard but not to a point that takes the fun out of it

#9 2018-04-23 03:25:50

kubassa
Banned

Gomez wrote:

Well this was fun...clutter removal was already an issue it's a catastrophe now...Spawned in two tribal town both mostly occupied with broken items.

Same. I will not return to this game if decay exists.

I got huge ballz.

#10 2018-04-23 08:39:44

pein

4 updates happened, dont be a bitch,  jason cant see all implications, maybe has less game experience

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2018-04-23 09:30:06

fatalwolf

Funniest quote ever from KucheKlizama

But jokes aside lets give Jason some time to fix things.

Most are ok with the concept of decay. We just didnt expect decay to be implemented with no way to repair anything.

Some ideas for repair. A whetstone for tools, make it have a limited number of uses unless used with a grinding wheel. Plaster for walls, kilm and oven. And glue for baskets and other things.

Buff fishing

#12 2018-04-23 09:52:33

kubassa
Banned

fatalwolf wrote:

Most are ok with the concept of decay. We just didnt expect decay to be implemented with no way to repair anything.

Some ideas for repair. A whetstone for tools, make it have a limited number of uses unless used with a grinding wheel. Plaster for walls, kilm and oven. And glue for baskets and other things.

It is hard enough trying to keep a farm and village going to have stuff decay or the need to stop pulling carrots to repair everything. Just makes the game way too tedious and boring to have to go through the exact same thing every single life. At lest when there was a village you could go venture off and come back. Nothing to come back too ever if stuff destroys itself. That's why the game is dead right now. The city's that were there prior to the patch just look like starter farms now. How exactly are you supposed to build and maintain walls when you have to craft 1000000000000 baskets and carts for 1 lifetime?

The only reason I bought this game was the idea of building up a tribe maybe to be born into it again but now if your born into it nothing is left and you have to start all over. It is boring. IMO

I got huge ballz.

#13 2018-04-23 13:13:28

fatalwolf

kubassa wrote:
fatalwolf wrote:

It is hard enough trying to keep a farm and village going to have stuff decay or the need to stop pulling carrots to repair everything. Just makes the game way too tedious and boring to have to go through the exact same thing every single life. At lest when there was a village you could go venture off and come back. Nothing to come back too ever if stuff destroys itself. That's why the game is dead right now. The city's that were there prior to the patch just look like starter farms now. How exactly are you supposed to build and maintain walls when you have to craft 1000000000000 baskets and carts for 1 lifetime?

The only reason I bought this game was the idea of building up a tribe maybe to be born into it again but now if your born into it nothing is left and you have to start all over. It is boring. IMO

That is the point of being able to repair, so you don't have to make a million baskets. The decay rate should be toned down but not taken out, nothing last forever and it should require a village to keep a village running not just one and done. Its not tedious if it takes about 3 hours for something to decay until you have to repair it. Plaster is not difficult to make and whetstones can just be a sharpened rock. I am also for the idea of the decay timer being reset when ever the item is picked up.

Buff fishing

Board footer