One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-20 23:39:21

Artarda

Build a Utopia with me

It would be fun to organize a group of experienced, dedicated players that can carry their own weight and want to play along, to build a humongous Utopia sometime this weekend on one of the unpopulated public servers. We would all organize via Discord, and have to determine a good time to all log in and play together (one of us would spawn as an Eve, and be in charge of finding a good start point near water etc.)

Please, it would be best to bring experienced players and people who want to build an organized, functional society at the start. Once we have a framework setup, maybe other players could join in?

Also, no senseless murdering or trying to destroy the Utopia, else we'd have to resort to killing anybody not in the discord.

Reply if this sounds fun to you!

#2 2018-04-21 00:26:16

Zombeh

Re: Build a Utopia with me

That'd be fun. I'd be interested in it if this happens.

Ever had more than 15 babies in one life? I have.

So many babies.

#3 2018-04-21 01:57:40

Joriom
Website

So... you're trying to repeat what Server11 was used for before apocalypse or attempt next "111 generation" run?

#4 2018-04-21 03:11:01

Artarda

Joriom wrote:

So... you're trying to repeat what Server11 was used for before apocalypse or attempt next "111 generation" run?

Not exactly. From what I heard, the entire purpose of their setup was to get as many generations as possible. I'm thinking more of a "build as large and valiant a city as possible". Not going for length of generations, but size, productivity, and grandeur.

Also a nicely organized city. No random baskets of garbage everywhere, and adobe buildings to hold our crates of stuff in. A stables, a dedicated shed for tools, a dedicated blacksmith, a dedicated bakery, a tailor's work area, a food storage, wood floors with bear rugs for home areas. Large stockpiles of firewood.

#5 2018-04-21 03:26:59

Joriom
Website

So you're basically trying to recreate Server11. Server11 was place where we agregated as pros to build and expand towns and outpost. Everything had its place. Forge, bakery, well organized farm with 30+ wells, separate seeding area, "pi(n)e palace" (made out of pine walls to store pies ofc). Hunters lodge with separate storage for clothing. Many outposts in every cardinal direction. Game was easier back then. We were basically able go log in next day and find it as Eves. Nobody cared about lineage.

#6 2018-04-21 03:32:57

Alleria

Artarda wrote:

Please, it would be best to bring experienced players and people who want to build an organized, functional society at the start. Once we have a framework setup, maybe other players could join in?

This is done nearly twice a week. It always ends either due to inactivity or the influx of casuals who inadvertently grief the civ into dust. There's stuff in the works though. Pop into official Discord if you're keen.

Last edited by Alleria (2018-04-21 03:39:14)

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#7 2018-04-21 03:42:52

Lily

It sounds like I need to get discord, since so many people are always on there.

#8 2018-04-21 03:48:05

Artarda

Lily wrote:

It sounds like I need to get discord, since so many people are always on there.

Discord is a great application for voice chatting for online games. It's like a free, updated Ventrilo. It's also very casual.

@Joriom, I didn't know about that on Server 11 pre apocalypse. I only played maybe 20 hours pre apocalypse, so I was still learning the struggle to survive. But I guess this would be the goal then; Experienced players grouping together to build something huge and magnificent.

#9 2018-04-21 04:41:57

Aurora Aurora

I’d be down for that. Would have to install a server selector first though.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#10 2018-04-21 05:23:33

thirdplanet

Is there already a dedicated discord server set up for experienced players? I know about the 2HOL one, but is there a more general one?

Discord: kingbaby // be nice!

#11 2018-04-21 06:10:20

jdniff

I would love to get in on this, but I won't be available Sunday. I will also have to download discord, I use Twitch and Skype.

If we do this we will need to appoint people to positions ahead of time, to move along progress as fast as possible. Starting on the monument as soon as possible is also a must. we should all log on at the same time as eves to spread out the search for a good place to start and when someone finds the best location we all re-spawn on that person.

Last edited by jdniff (2018-04-21 06:12:16)

#12 2018-04-21 08:52:22

Artarda

Basically, to make it work, we would all just set "useCustomServer" to 1, and set the "customServerAddress" to a location that we will determine on discord, should this happen. Probably somewhere between server6.onehouronelife.com and server14.onehouronelife.com, since those are the least used servers. Not server 11 tho.

Board footer