One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-17 14:11:09

aldraw

Mushroom Trolls

It's even worse than murder.  At least if you're murdered you restart without wasting time.

You're trying to have fun and contribute to a village but sone asshole makes it his dedicated mission to chase everyone down and feed mushrooms for the entire hour.

Lost several kids, wastes everyone's time and leaves a bad game experience.  Almost brought down the village.  Annoyung AF.

Shouldn't be able to feed people mushrooms.

Last edited by aldraw (2018-04-17 14:24:37)

#2 2018-04-17 15:07:12

Drakulon

Re: Mushroom Trolls

Praise the mushroom god!

I always feed my kids with shrooms when i can find some, but i dont let them die.
I am happy to hear others do aswell.

Last edited by Drakulon (2018-04-17 15:09:09)

#3 2018-04-17 15:59:19

AmyJ96

This happened to me and my town last night, but I found it more funny than annoying.

#4 2018-04-17 16:17:08

The_Llamacorn

My uncle fed me mushrooms as soon as I was born, but I found it more funny that annoying. Can't really harm anyone in my opinion, but I guess you could starve or get lost?

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#5 2018-04-17 17:18:45

stickyflypaper

The cult of the mushroom is growing!

#6 2018-04-17 18:36:40

TrustyWay

The mushrooms are open gates that empower you

#7 2018-04-17 18:40:04

aldraw

The problem is you can feed them to adults too

#8 2018-04-17 19:45:23

Obi

Today i spawned in a city that was dying of starvation.
An old lady fed me a shroom and said "enjoy your last moments child " while she let me die...

Next life i spent in a bugged state of mushroom tripping the whole time!
Came to enjoy the role of the bum that is so inefficient at anything that desided to spent his life preaching he shroom cult.
That village had a serious bear problem, thinking someone lured em in and i took the role of luring em out, not fearing death and all.. though people got annoyed i was just hanging arround most of the time doing nothing inconsequential that i desided when i lured my sixth bear out to jump in its mouth after 45 min of hard tripping or so...

Bottom line, don't give drugs to children when there's no food, its evil!

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death
The Lawgiver as spoken by Cornelius in Planet of the Apes

#9 2018-04-17 20:09:33

Aurora Aurora

I spent a life as a druggie just trying to find and eat mushrooms. Some lady got tired of me and shot me, I don’t blame her.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#10 2018-04-17 22:26:49

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Whoops...

Yeah, the "feed anyone" thing is great for most things, because it allows food delivery people to make rounds and feed the guards or blacksmith.

I forgot that it implies anyone can feed anyone mushrooms too...

I'll have to think about a way to fix that.

#11 2018-04-18 04:21:17

jord1990

Its still super funny though!

#12 2018-04-18 05:43:00

pein

force feeding is a good way to kill murderers, they try to run away into a direction you wont want to follow, but they are low on food after the effect, the 30 sec slowdown and the mushroom effect hits in, they cant really find food

you always need to feed babies mushroom, because there is not much room in their stomach

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#13 2018-04-18 16:32:13

Kinrany

A "combat mode" toggle that blocks all feeding attempts, unless stunned or something?

It can also be useful for other things, like handling weapons safely.

Or blocking the doorway.

It can also be visible to other people. Angry face?

Last edited by Kinrany (2018-04-18 16:38:11)

#14 2018-04-18 23:52:18

Turnipseed

jasonrohrer wrote:

Whoops...

Yeah, the "feed anyone" thing is great for most things, because it allows food delivery people to make rounds and feed the guards or blacksmith.

I forgot that it implies anyone can feed anyone mushrooms too...

Please let me feed them to babies still i have had many people thank me for making those normally boring minutes as a baby more fun

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#15 2018-04-19 00:01:23

BlueRock

Man, I wish I saw these 'most' scenarios where Settlements have Food Delivery, Guards, and Blacksmiths.

#16 2018-04-19 00:23:37

Go! Bwah!

BlueRock wrote:

Man, I wish I saw these 'most' scenarios where Settlements have Food Delivery, Guards, and Blacksmiths.

You can always get on Discord voice chat with ten pseudo-friends, go on an unused server, and kill any stranger who spawns to you.  Then, once you have everything set up, you can start letting strangers in in hopes that they'll turn out to be griefers and give your guards and food delivery people a reason to exist!

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#17 2018-04-19 00:26:23

EvilBlackCat

Obi wrote:

Today i spawned in a city that was dying of starvation.
An old lady fed me a shroom and said "enjoy your last moments child " while she let me die...

Next life i spent in a bugged state of mushroom tripping the whole time!
Came to enjoy the role of the bum that is so inefficient at anything that desided to spent his life preaching he shroom cult.
That village had a serious bear problem, thinking someone lured em in and i took the role of luring em out, not fearing death and all.. though people got annoyed i was just hanging arround most of the time doing nothing inconsequential that i desided when i lured my sixth bear out to jump in its mouth after 45 min of hard tripping or so...

Bottom line, don't give drugs to children when there's no food, its evil!

No, no! That is not the will of Fungai! Fungai wishes that we choose to obtain the Gift of Shruthi of our own free will! Do not heed the words of the Mushroom Cult for they are perverting the will of Fungai!

The Gift of Shruthi

There was once a man named Granger Jewel born to a large colony of people. He worked the fields all of his life. When he was still young he heard a rumor of the magical mushrooms of Fungai. He was told these mushrooms would give him sight beyond sight and allow him to see through the Eyes of Fungai. Granger dedicated his life to Fungai and spent many years waiting for the mushrooms to sprout in the empty soil pits by his farm.

One day when he was very old Granger was over joyed to spot a tiny white form in one of the pits. At last he had procured one of the fabled magic mushrooms. As Granger was a very responsible man and beloved community member he did not partake of the mushrooms at once but ensured his responsibilities were properly taken care of by other town members. He then retired with plans to experiment with his treasure.

Alas Granger had grown old and though he was able to taste the flesh of the mushroom he died before he could receive it's gift.

The great Mushroom God, Fungai, took pity on Granger for the man had worked tirelessly in Fungai's name and not been able to receive the benefits of his work. So Fungai sent Granger's soul back to the same town where he was born again. Fungai came to mother carrying the soul of Granger and told her that her daughter to be would be the prophet of Fungai. Born with the Eyes of Fungai and that he would spread his word through the land. He told her to name her Shruthi so that all would know that she was his prophet.

And so Granger was reborn as the prophet Shruthi. She was reborn with the knowledge of Fungai and the vision of the true world. Seeing this she dedicated her life to traveling the world and freeing the children of Fungai from their soil prisons so that others may partake of them and Know the Truth with the Eyes of Fungai. But this task would take Shruthi more than one lifetime. She was born again and again, with many different names and in many places, but always with the Eyes of Fungai and the knowledge of her life as Shruthi. She knew her mission and she continued with it.

Then many reincarnations later Fungai decided that Shruthi had done her job, and done it well. He allowed her to be born again into the town where Granger had uncovered the first mushrooms. It was here that Shruthi chose to partake of the mushroom's flesh for the first time since Granger had died with it upon his lips.

Not long after Shruthi lost the Eyes of Fungai and saw the world as others could see it. But from that moment on she could partake of the mushroom and see the world through the Eyes of Fungai whenever she wished. When she needed the knowledge the Eyes were there for her to see through.

And thus we know that the children of Fungai will help us see the truth when it is hardest to find. The Priests of Shruthi continue her work bringing the mushrooms to the people and helping them to understand what they see with the Eyes of Fungai.

#18 2018-04-19 07:34:41

Aname

Thats the test of the shroom if u die when u on shrooms u dont deserve to live anyways! Only great people survives the shrooms

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#19 2018-04-19 09:26:03

pein

so easy to name kids on shroom, gimme shroom when i got newborns, they look like something, i can name after it. one guy was milkweed, other was other thing, their names were so cool, like chrystal and something else unique

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer