One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-17 13:44:28

tshullie

This bothers me

Before I start talking about my feelings regarding the current state of the game I just want to say I'm in LOVE with it! The idea and thoughts behind it, the style and pretty much everything else about this game is simply awesome. As soon as I bought it I started playing... hours and hours long lol.

Anyways, as of now, I haven't really played much lately. The reason is that right now, it feels as if I'm playing "for nothing". Before the new update, you knew that when you built something, it would always be of help for anyone who stumbles upon it. When I build something now it just doesn't make me feel happy/proud of the work I've done, simply because sooner or later it will just disappear if no one finds it quick enough.

I know there's a good reasoning behind this update, but it still makes me feel sad - simply because it seems like one of the main goals of this game (aka providing objects for future generations, or whoever may stumble upon it some time) is gone.

I'd love to hear what others think about this update tho smile

#2 2018-04-17 14:46:12

fragilityh14

Re: This bothers me

I have to tell you, i was shocked by the apocalypse, but before that had consistently wanted to go form new colonies in the brush. The excess was really boring. The point really should be the new civs forming all the time.

I have a new idea for the next time i spawn as eve: I'm going to try and spread my kids around an area in stead of making camp in the hope of forming multiple tribes. Family lines have pretty consistently been one village or a village plus a small farm since the update

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#3 2018-04-17 15:02:36

Baker

I like to think of it like this. Imagine a bustling city, then imagine all its residents dying out. The city becomes a ghost town and eventually, nature retakes it.
But yeah, It sucks that player built cities eventually get deleted. It's just all the sadder when you witness a civ dying.

It is still possible to have huge cities around, I was born on an eve today and we set up a nice little village. I was actually reborn there several times and it eventually grew into a fully developed city. It was going for many hours, it still is I think. They will die out eventually of course but it was nice to know that we can still make it to that stage even with the new changes.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#4 2018-04-17 15:19:14

pein

duplicate topic

or you so special?

no you can still discover cities even after 10 hours

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-04-17 15:35:25

fragilityh14

Oh, i forgot my main point in my previous article:

I did spawn as Eve in a civ post apocalypse, right by a bunch of food etc. I was instantly bored and disapponted, however, i knew other people missed spawning in civs so I just took care of kids and quite at menopause.

And the cities don't really erase except in rare circumstances, I've definitely come upon cities in other instances. But it really should be rare.

Hopefully we can get a more sustainable population with fewer eves.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#6 2018-04-17 15:47:20

EvilBlackCat

I would assume that with the population cap being increased culling on the first few servers would decrease. It seems that with more people there would be a much lower chance of a previously visited area going unvisited.

When I was playing yesterday I respawned in the same two villages multiple times. Of course for me that means going to the outskirts and setting up a camp because I lag too hard in big villages.

Board footer