One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-16 06:46:09

fragilityh14

57 Gooseberry plants for the future, and no kids come into the tribe

I was spawned into a successful village with not a lot to do. For some reason, I only had two kids. I went north near water and a lot of soil, and started a gooseberry plantation. Went back at end of life to find my first daughter was there with kids. Next game, I started about 15 minutes after dying at 60, I was my granddaughters child, and a boy. Relatively advanced civ, tons of stored food, some buildings, metal tools. In my second life the gooseberries started coming on. I made sure to go back multiple times to make sure the knowledge of my plantation as in the city.

Sadly, last woman just had no kids. I don't know if it as server reset or just being at night and fewer players. Sad though, because presumably that village is abandoned now, through no fault of its own- 8 carts of baskets of carrots and one of mutton, farming totally set up, plus the nearby 57 domestic gooseberries i got going (and at last 20 or so in town.)

It really sucks when kids just don't spawn. Seriously anyone could have repopulated the area just hanging around my gooseberries with the one bowl for watering them.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#2 2018-04-16 06:59:37

Drakulon

Re: 57 Gooseberry plants for the future, and no kids come into the tribe

We need sex.
So when a man and a woman stand next to each other and both agree (or when only the man agrees) that they want to have kids there will be a higher probability that a kid spawns in the next 5 min or so.
This way males become useful and people have some way of birth control. So if you run out of food, or when you just spawned as Eve, you dont want to make another kid.
A problem i see with this is incest. Not sure would to do about that.

#3 2018-04-16 08:37:01

Star Chaser

Drakulon wrote:

We need sex.
So when a man and a woman stand next to each other and both agree (or when only the man agrees) that they want to have kids there will be a higher probability that a kid spawns in the next 5 min or so.
This way males become useful and people have some way of birth control. So if you run out of food, or when you just spawned as Eve, you dont want to make another kid.

Also being an eve, how would you get kids?

#4 2018-04-16 08:47:14

breezeknight

just wake up, you're playing a multiplayer not an AI singleplayer

atm there are 80 players, mostly on only two servers spread across many sectors of the huge maps
so yeah, lack of female babies is the direct result
use the time to spawn as Eve & learn the ropes

#5 2018-04-16 08:51:38

Drakulon

Star Chaser wrote:
Drakulon wrote:

We need sex.

Also being an eve, how would you get kids?

There also need to be adams that spawn near eves smile

#6 2018-04-16 15:37:21

pein

Drakulon wrote:

We need sex.

we need it but for fun
also would reduce killers
stop famines
end wars

incest is wincest

btw you got higher pregnancy probability when full, and standing in good temperature, anytime you eat, didnt you notice the kid popping out?

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-04-16 15:46:11

fragilityh14

yeah I realize that. I honestly think i may have been on server 3 that was depopulating for some reason, because when I looked at the servers after the game it said 13 and I checked back like 10 minute later and it said 3. The female that was left was a noob, but had a lifetime food supply

Regardless, a good family line dying out is sad, esp when you spent two lives building a huge plantation to assure future food security.

Listen to your mom!

#8 2018-04-17 07:34:50

YAHG

I wouldn't be surprised if the server stops spawning people when it has an update Qued.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#9 2018-04-17 07:44:17

NyanRose

I wish you could 'book mark' a village if you want to continue work on it. That would allow you to repopulate it. I have found that the new eve system means that villages end up massively abandoned after restarts(force logout and all that) then arne't revisited. I like seeing them grow and progress.

#10 2018-04-17 14:49:47

fragilityh14

YAHG wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the server stops spawning people when it has an update Qued.

That's clearly just what it does, I've watched the server numbers go down and reset, i waited for S2 to depop and repop before playing yesterday. because it was clear something was going on when I was born to three frantic eves in a row.

i wish it would just stop spawning feral eves but not stop babies from spawning to players, as these generations family lines are short enough it's not like a problem of never being able to reset.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer