One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-14 02:11:46

danger1penguin

Amazing find with a sad twist

I spawned as an eve in a farm that must have starved or aged out. They had everything, but they seemed to be on the lower end for the farms. I named my family Michaelis, as always. There were no fences, so I built a pen (my first attempt which one of my descendants eventually mocked [and I wept at my poor creation]) and in another life brought back a sheep from far away. I lived my first life as Eve and my last as Rambo. I even spawned back several times in between and buried my own daughters who had then aged out as well (my second daughter and I had a parade funeral for the first daughter that died.

When a elder and I (in my life as Rambo) had finally built a saddle, we noticed something wrong. There were no kids left. I ran over to the farm and encountered a young woman. After some shared wisdom, she understood she was the only one who could continue the family name. I, holding onto only one of two knifes that our village produced, decided to give it to her for her protection. As I was placing it on the ground for her, she moved into the tile, and . . . I had stabbed her. I watched in disbelief, as we stood there, realizing the family was now doomed. She died, and I was grieving. I barely survived dropping the knife because I was old, but nobody saw me do it (there were only three of us left). When one of the elders saw the maimed corpse, I was still coping and I didn't want to receive hate commits, so I said I didn't know what happened. I am sorry.

We sat there, discussing as elders do, the inevitable. All that starts must come to an end. I had started a great family, and then I had to watch it die. I don't know if I can do such a thing again, the pain was too great. Hopefully, someone else stumbles upon the improved village, with a few more berry bushes, more tools, a new sheep pen + sheep, and a whole two stories behind it.

#2 2018-04-14 09:30:27

breezeknight

Re: Amazing find with a sad twist

yeah, the knives

handle with EXTREME caution !!!

do not place within one tile reach - NEVER !!!

if you see someone carry a knife, move away
if someone you trust wants to give you a knife - move two tiles away, just to be safe

but as i know people, probably everybody will prefer to have a dramatic story than my wisecracker suggestions lol

#3 2018-04-14 15:20:36

Aurora Aurora

Thats why you always place the knife in a basket and give the basket to someone instead of the actual knife.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#4 2018-04-14 17:23:45

Lavea

Maybe there should be an aggressive stab mode? So accidents are harder?

#5 2018-04-14 19:39:20

EvilBlackCat

Aurora Aurora wrote:

Thats why you always place the knife in a basket and give the basket to someone instead of the actual knife.

Yup, it's the in game equivalent of handing a knife or a sword handle first with you holding the blade.

#6 2018-04-15 05:50:33

pein

give knife in basket, happened to me as well, stabbed the smartest young guy instead of giving hi mthe knife

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer