One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-17 16:06:11

Huey wood
Website

How to know the absolute coordinates when playing the game?

Is there any method to know the absolute coordinates when playing the game?

I know some mods can show the coordinates, but it is related. It means we can’t get the same coordinate system in different life except performing transformation or setting a same original point.

I saw some secret bases for apocalypse in YouTube. They were always built in a remote place. How can their owner and other players who want to stop the apocalypse arrive there in different life?

Or they just do this by their memory?

#2 2024-01-17 16:31:41

Cupit

Re: How to know the absolute coordinates when playing the game?

I use YumLife and that tells me my coordinates in the top left. It also lets you have a nickname and allows you to talk to other people with the mod. If you had that, it would be easy to recognize you if I meet you outside the tutorial area.
https://github.com/selb/YumLife/releases

#3 2024-01-17 16:32:28

jinbaili83

Mods by default show position relative to your birth place but can change it to relative to a any spot on map like bell tower ,a town or sign placed by the highway. With special biome bands its so much easier to find old towns especially with the help of https://onemap.wondible.com .

#4 2024-01-18 11:07:42

Huey wood
Website

Cupit wrote:

I use YumLife and that tells me my coordinates in the top left. It also lets you have a nickname and allows you to talk to other people with the mod. If you had that, it would be easy to recognize you if I meet you outside the tutorial area.

Thanks for your recommendation. I use the Yumlife mod too, but the coordinates in this mod is related. I want to find a method that knowing the abosolute coordinates.
You really enjoy exploring the tutorial area. I wish to meet you in the game. My chating nickname in Yumlife mod is Huey Wood. If I play in the tutorial area, I will ask "Is Cupit in the game?" in the chating channel.
It is still hard to meet you, because we seem to have 8 hours time difference. And recently, I don't play this game frequently. If you want, we can arrange a certain time to play together. I can explore the tutorial area with you. We can also be born as twins. I think they will be interesting experiences!

#5 2024-01-18 11:45:41

Huey wood
Website

jinbaili83 wrote:

Mods by default show position relative to your birth place but can change it to relative to a any spot on map like bell tower ,a town or sign placed by the highway. With special biome bands its so much easier to find old towns especially with the help of https://onemap.wondible.com .

Thanks for your solution. Did you mean to set a certain place as the original point? Can I do this without arriving the certain place?

#6 2024-02-08 01:44:08

pein

Huey wood wrote:

I know some mods can show the coordinates, but it is related. It means we can’t get the same coordinate system in different life except performing transformation or setting a same original point.

I saw some secret bases for apocalypse in YouTube. They were always built in a remote place. How can their owner and other players who want to stop the apocalypse arrive there in different life?

Or they just do this by their memory?

jason obfuscated absolute cords.
it's only relative cords to birth. or triangulating from a bell tower. since it's 2d and square based, it's always same angles, so apparently one bell enough.

there was a bug with graves and messages. basically, relative coords based on birth. I was using a coordinate graphing tool to put them as dots. stdout txt had them, copy paste generate. first it took me long time. +- -- etc. hard to wrap your head around while playing. but once graphed I was able to visit 4-5 towns in a life, bell runs without bells but closer, like 300-900 tiles only. we had fun doing it. jason patched the exploit.

I forgot who made it, In an excel map he generated color codes on biomes, then you found a 3-4 biome meeting point, wrote down from middle to clockwise like 1 grass 2 savanna 3 arctic etc. 9 number, find in excel table. 3-4 biome mix was quite unique, with new map not so much, also making the table was long time.

tutorial and donkey town was somewhat fixed. but yeah, on wondible map you can spot a biome shape or city if you roughly know it.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer