One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-19 09:52:07

Goliath

So what's the meta?

Is the meta feeding afk's so that they give birth?
Lock your delivery van behind a privacy fence?
Draggin a bear to a town to grief when bored?

What do you think the meta is?

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#2 2022-02-19 12:58:16

Laggy

Re: So what's the meta?

The meta is getting 200 health by yumming then afking.

Probably better that people do afk, I can keep them alive for much less food then they would munch.

#3 2022-02-19 21:00:17

Eve Troll

Leave your biome band so you dont have babies as a woman. Stay in town as a male to keep your relatives alive. Dont waste food on afks, unless you're a meme score wh***. Just let them die. Families with the least amount of females get a fertility boost so its almost impossible for them to die out naturally like they used to.

There are a lot of ways to meta play. Most of them I hate and are a big reason I left.

Best meta is to try and have fun the best you can.

#4 2022-02-20 00:11:53

Goliath

Laggy wrote:

The meta is getting 200 health by yumming then afking.

Probably better that people do afk, I can keep them alive for much less food then they would munch.

Okay, that is the craving system? That is pretty cool, does the whole family have the same craving.

#5 2022-02-20 00:15:34

Goliath

Eve Troll wrote:

Leave your biome band so you dont have babies as a woman. Stay in town as a male to keep your relatives alive. Dont waste food on afks, unless you're a meme score wh***. Just let them die. Families with the least amount of females get a fertility boost so its almost impossible for them to die out naturally like they used to.

There are a lot of ways to meta play. Most of them I hate and are a big reason I left.

Best meta is to try and have fun the best you can.

I will have to listen to this advice and leave my biome as a woman. Because I don't want to negativity influence the boost to fertility. That brings a whole new meaning to understanding each system.  Also likewise about being a male.

Understanding the mechanics in such a way that the game becomes boring that's why I took a break but I think creating an experience with your family and making sure that you guys succeed and build marvelous High Tech things is kind of the wonder of the game. I would say this is one of my all time favorite games hopefully the updates keep coming and we can keep changing the Meta.  Because everything I've heard so far is really helpful and I feel like it'll make mu impact in the game felt vibrate ever further. Thank you.

Last edited by Goliath (2022-02-20 00:23:36)

#6 2022-02-20 03:25:16

DestinyCall

You do not need to leave your band as a woman to give your family a fertility boost.  It is completely optional.  In fact, if everyone did that, the whole family would die.   You need some breeders in town to make the babies, after all.

Just keep in mind thst if you don't want any kids, you have options now.

#7 2022-02-21 13:55:39

Arcurus

Goliath wrote:

Okay, that is the craving system? That is pretty cool, does the whole family have the same craving.

You inherit the cravings from your mother. The benefit is eating craving you get more yum boni...

With this every food will be needed sooner or later so there should be a greater food variety now.

Have fun!

And yes to kill some one the leader needs to exile him first... so there is basically no combat anymore...

Last edited by Arcurus (2022-02-21 13:55:59)

#8 2022-02-23 04:16:37

WumboJumbo

Goliath wrote:

Is the meta feeding afk's so that they give birth?
Lock your delivery van behind a privacy fence?
Draggin a bear to a town to grief when bored?

What do you think the meta is?

Oh god, is Facebook interested in acquiring OHOL now? big_smile

#9 2022-03-09 07:23:08

pein

member when for half a year, people were digging holes to trap the sheep faster? big_smile or teleporting carrots and babies across the map? or well walling the city? or grannies killing 18 people with butter knife? or throwing away wounds and using 5 knives to kill people? good times

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer