One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-24 20:21:15

Chestburster

Configuring my server for singleplayer

Hello everyone.

So I'm hosting my own private server for myself to play the game solo and moving all the way up the tech tree so I can get a better handle on many of the recipes especially the more complex ones.

I noticed there's a lot of different configs and I have no idea what many of them do. I'm wondering if anyone knows which ones are the best for configuring the game for solo play. I wanted to see if it was possible for me to be born from myself or something to create a lineage instead of just eve chaining because a lot of the mechanics rely on this such as cravings, food efficiency, and well sites.

If anyone has figured out a good set up for solo play please let me know.

#2 2020-10-27 05:30:42

OneOfMany

Re: Configuring my server for singleplayer

Don't play solo. You'll never learn the game that way. No amount of solo play can prepare you for the game. You just have to throw yourself in and don't forget to reference OneTech.

https://onetech.info/

Pro Tip: Hit [esc] in-game to learn / commands

/die
/happy
/love

and what not...

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#3 2020-10-27 07:10:59

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I disagree with OneOfMany. I think learning the game solo is a good way to get started. You obviously won't be getting the full experience, but to just learn it is absolutely fine. It's how I learned! Plus it is absolutely impossible to teach the higher tier tech. That stuff MUST be learned on your own.

I can't help myself, but in the OHOL Discord this question has been discussed to absolutely no end in the ask for help channel. Maybe scroll up and read through it or ask yourself there.

Good luck!

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#4 2020-10-27 10:05:34

Tea

I agree, learning on a private server is a good way to learn the game. You are free to build and try out anything without someone either destroying or taking the resources from you.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#5 2020-10-27 12:18:03

wondible

There are some things I use for mod testing; might not be quite right for actual play. This is from a script I use to set them all at once, but it has the values and filenames.

First I disable all of Jason's services, and blanked the urls for good measure. I think he has defaulted services off since I started doing this though.

echo 0 > settings/useCurserServer.ini
> settings/curseServerURL.ini
echo 0 > settings/requireTicketServerCheck.ini
> settings/ticketServerURL.ini
echo 0 > settings/useLifeTokenServer.ini.ini
> settings/lifeTokenServerURL.ini
echo 0 > settings/useStatsServer.ini
> settings/reflectorURL.ini
echo 0 > settings/useLineageServer.ini
> settings/lineageServerURL.ini
echo 0 > settings/useLifeTokenServer.ini
> settings/lifeTokenServerURL.ini
echo 0 > settings/useFitnessServer.ini
> settings/fitnessServerURL.ini
echo 0 > settings/allowBugReports.ini
echo 0 > settings/useArcServer.ini
> settings/arcServerURL.ini

Some of these are paranoia - if you are playing by yourself you won't trigger an apocalypse unless you want to.

echo 0 > settings/apocalypsePossible.ini
echo 0 > settings/babyApocalypsePossible.ini 
echo 0 > settings/mapCellForgottenSeconds.ini
echo 1 > settings/skipLookTimeCleanup.ini
#echo 1 > settings/flushLookTimes.ini // do not use - blocks dummy recall (remembering use counts)
echo 0 > settings/longTermNoLookCullEnabled.ini
echo 1 > settings/forceEveLocation.ini

Other things that may or may not be interesting:

#echo 1 > settings/forceAllPlayersEve.ini
#echo 5 > settings/forceEveAge.ini
#echo 1 > settings/allowMapRequests.ini
#echo "a@b.c" > settings/vogAllowAccounts.ini
#echo "a@b.c" > settings/mapRequestAllowAccounts.ini
echo 20.0 > settings/minFoodDecrementSeconds.ini
echo 220.0 > settings/maxFoodDecrementSeconds.ini
#echo 0 > settings/minActivePlayersForSpecialBiomes.ini
#echo 0 > settings/minActivePlayersForToolSlots.ini
echo 7 > settings/baseToolSlotsPerPlayer.ini # in the unlikely event you want tool slots, this fixes an issue with missing fitness server
echo 7 > settings/maxToolSlotsPerPlayer.ini
#echo 60 > settings/secondsPerYear.ini

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#6 2020-10-29 11:53:45

Chestburster

I'm not at all a new player and I've been playing for 2 years. This isn't about me learning how to play the game. It's that I rarely get a chance to craft the most complex recipes like radios or engines and they tend to be a logistics nightmare on public servers where people are constantly getting in the way and cluttering things and stealing items and you're constantly wasting things like charcoal and water while also checking a guide on how to make them and many times don't even get to make one because of all the other factors and distractions going on.

My goal was to do a single playthrough of the game and mostly focus on crafting things I haven't a lot of practice with to the point where I can craft them extremely easily and habitually from memory off the top of my head.

I honestly might just look at if there's a way to just spawn stuff in to practice or something.

Last edited by Chestburster (2020-10-29 11:54:08)

#7 2020-10-29 23:37:20

Cogito

Chestburster wrote:

My goal was to do a single playthrough of the game and mostly focus on crafting things I haven't a lot of practice with to the point where I can craft them extremely easily and habitually from memory off the top of my head.

This is quite achievable on the public low-pop servers, for what it is worth.

In any case it's a valid way to play; I enjoy the unique crafting mechanics of this game and it's ok to practice them or even play them simply because you enjoy it.

Practicing being more efficient at smelting (for example) is both useful for when/if you play on bs2, and enjoyable as a 'speedrunning' style game on its own.

Board footer