One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-24 01:30:54

Cogito

Changes to Feast Table

The feast table is being changed to allow pumpkin pies to be containable.

Feast tables will be started by adding a Rose in Bottle with Water to an empty table.

This means that feast tables are now locked behind three biomes (two additional): the Jungle (Sugarcane for the Pumpkin Pie), the Desert (Glasswort for the bottle), and the Tundra (Snow Bank for the Red Rose Seed).

It also means that pumpkin pies can now be added to tables.

----

I predict that feasts will be much less common, which is perhaps a good thing.

They are already unnecessary for food, as we have so many vegetables that are great to yum with.

They will become a common craving block, as glass bottles are in general so rare - though once you have bottles and roses growing not so hard so will probably just limit the feast table to later stage towns.

Last edited by Cogito (2020-07-24 07:36:22)

#2 2020-07-24 01:42:08

Guy

Re: Changes to Feast Table

I don't think they where too common to begin with. Actually think craving blocks can be pretty beneficial, You can get 30+ yum and it's worth doing for the town.

#3 2020-07-24 02:17:15

Cogito

I love the craving mechanic for that reason, they become worth it so someone goes and does the work in order to satisfy the craving.

In this case, it means that someone needs to go and do the work to improve the town, so that the craving can be satisfied, and that is a good use of the mechanic.

Feasts to date have been fairly easy to do, especially now that cows are so much more common. I've seen feasts in most developed towns I've been in recently.

#4 2020-07-24 03:23:54

DestinyCall

Feast table is now locked behind all three biomes, actually.   Pumpkin pie requires sugar from the jungle.

#5 2020-07-24 03:27:51

Guy

Cogito wrote:

I love the craving mechanic for that reason, they become worth it so someone goes and does the work in order to satisfy the craving.

In this case, it means that someone needs to go and do the work to improve the town, so that the craving can be satisfied, and that is a good use of the mechanic.

Feasts to date have been fairly easy to do, especially now that cows are so much more common. I've seen feasts in most developed towns I've been in recently.

Best craving is bananas in my opinion, If you let it get high you can then get brown fam to get a carload. End result is a ton of super bananas. Cactus and Fish are good too but harder to get in mass.

#6 2020-07-24 04:12:54

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I really dislike this new change as it's so unnecessary.

Wow I refuse to eat all this food unless a RED Rose in a bottle is on my table first.

Red roses are annoying as shit to get. Why does it specifically have to be red?

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#7 2020-07-24 05:36:36

Eve Troll

Glass i can see the issue with but roses are super easy to grow and supply to other fams.

#8 2020-07-24 07:26:08

Cogito

DestinyCall wrote:

Feast table is now locked behind all three biomes, actually.   Pumpkin pie requires sugar from the jungle.

You are right, I meant two additional biomes. Will see if I can update.

#9 2020-07-24 11:49:21

JonySky
Website

who uses Feast tables?
I think it is another absurd change that is useless

Who makes ice cream lately?

#10 2020-07-24 12:35:01

Cogito

JonySky wrote:

who uses Feast tables?
I think it is another absurd change that is useless

Who makes ice cream lately?

I've seen both in nearly every large town over the last week or two.

#11 2020-07-24 13:14:25

DestinyCall

Yeah, how dare we actually bother to make higher tech foods.   No wonder we are being punished.

#12 2020-07-24 16:21:32

Booklat1

if only we could still idk just get into other biomes and make the items we wanted without having to trade with 724634827 families of 76287643 ethnicities

which is of course, still the least awful part about biomes and families nowadays

so much new content and it is absolutely wasted because Jason thinks he can design social or biology based mechanics ( but hey gene score and racism updates are cool, rite?)

And to jonysky asking about icecream, do you realize that ice cream only exists because thaulos convinced Jason that "temperature based foods" were a good follow up to the heat update, right? check out the times these updates were released. Ice creams were a poor design from the start because why the hell would a small temporary temperature change locked behind making an actual icecream be a relevant mechanic in long term maintenance of a community's temp? It's a fun feature but should have never have been counted as anything other than a novelty food. Even Jason realizes that because when I mentioned once to add more food item combinations to the early game he responded with how novelty ice creams were and that nobody made them (a horrible comparison tbh but its not surprising)

I should stop posting in this forum again

#13 2020-07-24 18:56:02

Spoonwood

Booklat1 wrote:

if only we could still idk just get into other biomes and make the items we wanted without having to trade with 724634827 families of 76287643 ethnicities

which is of course, still the least awful part about biomes and families nowadays

so much new content and it is absolutely wasted because Jason thinks he can design social or biology based mechanics ( but hey gene score and racism updates are cool, rite?)

And to jonysky asking about icecream, do you realize that ice cream only exists because thaulos convinced Jason that "temperature based foods" were a good follow up to the heat update, right? check out the times these updates were released. Ice creams were a poor design from the start because why the hell would a small temporary temperature change locked behind making an actual icecream be a relevant mechanic in long term maintenance of a community's temp? It's a fun feature but should have never have been counted as anything other than a novelty food. Even Jason realizes that because when I mentioned once to add more food item combinations to the early game he responded with how novelty ice creams were and that nobody made them (a horrible comparison tbh but its not surprising)

I should stop posting in this forum again

*laughs* Yea, ice cream as an "early game" food at any point in time.  Because a bucket for milk has been something traditionally seen in generation 3 or 5, and ice cream is quick and easy to make.  My ass.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#14 2020-07-25 04:19:00

pein

still not trade but theft and donation. likely someone will make one and people stteal the same rose and the same bottle until eternity.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#15 2020-07-25 04:35:08

Cogito

pein wrote:

still not trade but theft and donation. likely someone will make one and people stteal the same rose and the same bottle until eternity.

Once you use the rose it wilts, and you need a fresh rose.

You can of course just steal roses from the bush, or get cuttings etc.

#16 2020-07-25 13:08:47

Ilka

Next fix - elegant clothes at the table.
In order to use the feast table, one must be properly dressed.
The minimum is pants and a top hat for men, a dress / skirt and a hat for women.
Do you want to eat from the table in torn animal skin?
Or even worse, shine with your naked bottom back?
Where are your manners?

smile smile smile

Jason's ideas no longer annoy me, but only laugh me, they are so absurd.

#17 2020-07-25 16:42:12

Coconut Fruit

Yes, this change is really weird. Like, why can't we just start feast tables with bowl of whipped cream? This item is used only in feast tables.

We asked for containable pumpkin pies, and we got feast tables nerf in return...

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

Board footer