One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-06-12 16:18:21

mrbah
Member
Registered: 2019-01-15
Posts: 136

Re: Update: Precious Life

very good update as far as I am concerned.

Offline

#52 2019-06-13 03:06:53

robertb556
Member
Registered: 2019-01-18
Posts: 9

Re: Update: Precious Life

Encouraging players to cling to every life desperately = awesome.

Implementing life token system = I think you will find its a null effect (unless you do the unthinkable and take your game from pay-to-own all the way to Farmville timers and pay-to-play-more).

Instead consider: rewarding players with a meaningless metagame stat based on their average life span.  For example, The stat is simply the average of all your life spans. Thus 60 would be a "perfect" score, while someone who /die's all the time might have something in the single digits.  Show the player their own meaningless stat when they log into the game, on the home screen, before starting a life.  This has the best kind of effect, it gets the player valuing what you as the game designer intended/hoped for them to feel/value.

Offline

#53 2019-06-13 04:46:06

RodneyC86
Member
Registered: 2019-05-11
Posts: 467

Re: Update: Precious Life

Lily wrote:

The one concern I have with this, is that it is fairly normal to die a bunch of times in a row through no fault of your own. Often times you start playing and die a few times to bad parents before you have a good start. I do think the number is high enough that it isn't going to be an issue for most people, though I could see a newbie who plays a lot possibly reaching it.

Personally I never had to retry more than 4 times before I find a decent family to live with. If you run into shitty families ten times in a row it's probably not your day to play OHOL. Perhaps it's time to go outside lol

Offline

#54 2019-06-13 13:10:09

Twisted
Member
Registered: 2018-10-12
Posts: 636

Re: Update: Precious Life

robertb556 wrote:

Implementing life token system = I think you will find its a null effect


It's not a null effect, it has made a massive difference and improved the quality of the game significantly IMO.

Offline

#55 2019-06-15 18:00:08

testo
Member
Registered: 2019-05-12
Posts: 696

Re: Update: Precious Life

Here we go again, :sigh.... after the best update since carrot stack we go back to normal, 24 lifes is pretty much infinite. Insta dislike to this, life was actually startitng to feel precious.


- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

Offline

#56 2019-06-17 09:58:09

HimitsuGato
Member
Registered: 2019-02-02
Posts: 26

Re: Update: Precious Life

So now you introduce two models:

The regular purchase of the game which lets you bank 18 lives.

The Freemium model where you can only bank one life, but can pay $1 for another life after that. New players would also get to start with the 36 intro lives, to get them hooked of course.

Offline

#57 2019-06-19 06:02:17

Lily
Member
Registered: 2018-03-29
Posts: 416

Re: Update: Precious Life

RodneyC86 wrote:
Lily wrote:

The one concern I have with this, is that it is fairly normal to die a bunch of times in a row through no fault of your own. Often times you start playing and die a few times to bad parents before you have a good start. I do think the number is high enough that it isn't going to be an issue for most people, though I could see a newbie who plays a lot possibly reaching it.

Personally I never had to retry more than 4 times before I find a decent family to live with. If you run into shitty families ten times in a row it's probably not your day to play OHOL. Perhaps it's time to go outside lol

Well I was talking about with a newbie who dies fairly often. So you might die a bunch of times entirely because it is your fault and you are new and also get a bunch of bad families that has nothing to do with you. The combo of the two, and then playing for like 3-4 hours in a row.

Offline

#58 2019-06-19 22:45:04

futurebird
Member
Registered: 2019-02-20
Posts: 1,553

Re: Update: Precious Life

HimitsuGato wrote:

So now you introduce two models:

The regular purchase of the game which lets you bank 18 lives.

The Freemium model where you can only bank one life, but can pay $1 for another life after that. New players would also get to start with the 36 intro lives, to get them hooked of course.

Smart idea heh. No really, it's not a bad idea at all to let people just try it out.


---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

Offline

#59 2019-11-20 07:26:25

Spoonwood
Member
Registered: 2019-02-06
Posts: 2,892

Re: Update: Precious Life

New player ran out of lives at about 7:45 here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/510681932  I asked him, and he says he didn't use /die at all.

Edit: He plays a life after that and is shortly out of lives again.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-11-20 07:33:15)

Offline

#60 2019-11-21 12:06:41

StrongForce
Member
Registered: 2018-03-09
Posts: 420

Re: Update: Precious Life

Pls stop neco


Baby dance!!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB