One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-05 18:37:43

Gogo
Banned

Is OHOL playerbase toxic af?

I got the impression it is. big_smile What's your opinion guys?

The most common type I'm dealing with, recently, are the easily ofended people. I'm pointing to them what they're doing wrong (feed your baby, don't steal clothes from bb etc.), and they're usually start arguing / calling me names. xD Next, they're going to people and start talking shit about me, even cursing me. Can you imagine such behaviour? Because usually I'm a leader I just cut them. smile

Did anyone encounter them too? I'm not dealing with them anymore like I did before, I'm thinking about it right now. Maybe I'm too edgy or they're just idiots?

#2 2020-07-05 18:49:47

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Re: Is OHOL playerbase toxic af?

non of your business how another mother raises her kid etc.  Maybe you're the toxic one.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#3 2020-07-05 18:55:14

Gogo
Banned

Of course it is my business. Next time this player will starve my nephews/nieces, or steal again causing troubles.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-07-05 18:55:42)

#4 2020-07-05 19:09:37

Lava

Always deal with these people aswell. They can’t swallow their ego and end up being killed

#5 2020-07-05 19:15:14

BlueCramberry64

FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

non of your business how another mother raises her kid etc.  Maybe you're the toxic one.

So short answer, Yes... it is. Lol

#6 2020-07-05 20:00:59

testo

I agree that the playerbase is super toxic in general. Now, the way I see it, the definition of toxic behavior is subjective at best. For me the most toxic behavior is pretending to know exactly how things should be done in the game (also knowing what others should do or not).

I mean the game is about pretending to live a life in a one hour span. If someone comes around me pointing out how should I raise my kids or what am I doing wrong with my life out of nowhere I wouldn´t be happy at all. Would you?

If a kid asks for food because mom is unattentive I can just feed them. In real life I don´t go around mom telling her what she should do if I don´t know her: I just call social services. In the game I just feed the child because it is way simpler and because we don´t have social services.

The thing is, we all do have an ego and pretending to be right while someone else is wrong is like the quintessential ego showoff. I am not a psychologist but I believe the human behavior comes with a wide spectrum of moral choices. History has shown that several different cultures have dealt with thievery and even murder in different ways (yes, there are human cultures where murder is or was normally accepted).

What I´m trying to tell you in the most civilized possible way is that agree with your title (the playerbase is toxic af) and that I also believe that you are also part of the primary toxicity generators in the game if you act pointing to them what they're doing wrong.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#7 2020-07-05 20:08:52

testo

TLDR;

FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#8 2020-07-05 20:53:46

Lava

Nah if your being purposely wasteful, and kill your kids, or curse people of other villages cause you don’t want their “help” then I have every right to point out your being selfish and dumb.

#9 2020-07-05 22:20:59

Gogo
Banned

testo wrote:

What I´m trying to tell you in the most civilized possible way is that agree with your title (the playerbase is toxic af) and that I also believe that you are also part of the primary toxicity generators in the game if you act pointing to them what they're doing wrong.

So you're taking away from yourself the right to judge. If someone wanna shank u get shanked and be happy about not being toxic at all. smile

#10 2020-07-05 22:30:50

Lava

Gogo wrote:
testo wrote:

So you're taking away from yourself the right to judge. If someone wanna shank u get shanked and be happy about not being toxic at all. smile

^

#11 2020-07-05 22:53:00

testo

Gogo wrote:
testo wrote:

No, that example is just terrible because you are mixing behaviors that have an impact on your own play with telling others how they should play when their actions don´t have a direct impact on you. You are also mixing the actions from someone else with the pretention to have the ultimate true on how to play.

Gogo, your post also reminds me of this pro that used to post on discord lamenting how unfair it was that he was sent to donkey town.

All he ever did was to go from town to town making engines for everyone. He just couldn´t believe how bad were people with him or how unbelieveable is someone who don´t like strangers at home making stuff that they are suposed to make themselves. In a game about parenting and learning how to make stuff.

I have no right to judge others actions in game when they don´t affect me and I know for a fact that some people love that playstyle (running from home to a different town, pretend to be hero of said town, get angry if not welcomed). I just find it very amusing that in a game about parenting and civilization building where you are supposed to take care of your family there are so many people with enough maternity issues to not have kids in game and selfish enough to pretend they are alwaus right on how others should play and what they need.

I understand that you are trying your best to help the others Gogo, but sometimes people want to play their game too (is that selfish?) and learn at their own pace. Are they being wasteful because they are not maximizing resources that will eventually get abandoned anyways? Are they being selfish by trying to play a game on their own while someone else on a super enhancer mod runs around telling them what to do or not while literally playing a different game?

We all have rights in this game, I just wonder who could actually believe that his own right supercedes everyone elses. That would be really dumb no?

- Jack Ass

#12 2020-07-05 23:49:58

Coconut Fruit

I don't feel like it is toxic. I don't see toxic behaviors too often... Except for griefing.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#13 2020-07-06 14:21:02

QuirkySmirkyIan

/hmph

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#14 2020-07-06 14:50:17

DestinyCall

I haven't seen Toxic around here for a while, actually.

#15 2020-07-06 15:20:31

karltown_veteran

most people mean well. sometimes kids are trolls, sometimes there's not enough food for them. if someone says "let this one die" you let it die. If you're a mom and you see a baby in the middle of a field without a mom its ok to feed it. if a mom is already feeding a baby don't feed it.

and please, don't be that guy who goes around feeding pies to the troll kids / afk kids during a famine

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#16 2020-07-06 15:24:49

arkajalka

imo its the opposite. dem carebears trigger about anything.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#17 2020-07-06 15:27:03

sigmen4020

DestinyCall wrote:

I haven't seen Toxic around here for a while, actually.

Maybe he stole someone's account and is now posting in their name.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#18 2020-07-07 01:45:19

Gogo
Banned

Testo your examples are more of roleplays, when I don't like when

- kid need to say 'f' 'ff' 'ff!' when mom is next to it
- someone is giving pies to kids even when moms around xD
- stealing clothes (that makes 2 ppl angry, mom and kid)

That kind of situations. Obvious laziness / waste or unnecessary messing around.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-07-07 01:45:35)

#19 2020-07-07 08:48:44

Gomez

Give more carrots use less stick.  Engage in more positive reinforcement if you feel this way.  If you're a hammer everything's a nail, familiar with the expression?   

Good behavior should be acknowledged and rewarded as well, so put some attention on that action for a period try to find a balance.  Better to make others right with education than enforced compliance and punishment. 

The use of force is necessary at times and should always consider the ramifications....and admit fault on own mistakes.  We all make blunders.

#20 2020-07-08 21:41:49

Gogo
Banned

Gomez wrote:

Give more carrots use less stick.

I agree.

Board footer