One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-29 15:55:48

picado

User Story: It ain’t church

I was born in a town of shallow well stage.

I got a daughter just after being fourteen years old. And soon I had four more kids and I had to be a baby sitter literally. Few of them were noobs so I had to be teacher too.

The first daughter wanted me to unfollow the leader and to follow her. I did so because i was too busy to care my kids and my first daughter helped me to care the kids.

Besides she said the leader seems like griefer. Well, I didn’t trust that.

After few minutes I finally had free time to see around and I found the original leader is hard worker. He kept farming without saying. So I just quietly followed the original leader and my first daughter didn’t notice me.

At the moment the number of ally for my first daughter was nearly ten because my kids and her kids had followed her automatically, while the original leader had nearly six. I was bb machine.

The daughter started to persuade random people to unfollow the original leader cuz he looks like Bobo. I said he doesn’t look like Bobo so asked her to say why she thinks so. Even in the moment the leader was working hard saying nothing.

She said nonsense and exiled one of my daughter who is new that i hardly taught how to eat stew, and killed her. She just started to kill her followers bcuz she can only kill them.

I felt guilty of giving her leadership carelessly, so i decided to change the situation. I persuaded her followers to follow the original leader, or at least unfollow one by one. Every time i shift right click her i could see the required posse size decreasing.

After the last follower unfollowed her, her badge changed to the same color with me. I thought she followed me so I just exiled her and shift right clicked... but it said she has ten enemies but has six allies.

I was embarrassed but finally figured out i was following the original leader and she started to follow the original leader too so she still had allies. So i asked the original leader to exile her and now she had no allies and we could execute her.

It was exciting moment that the new leadership system finally worked properly to defend our town.

I can’t forget the moment when she begged for forgiveness. She was saying “I’m sorry. I will not do again. Please forgive me.” A guy of my group said “It ain’t church”. The word punched and some people said they can’t stop lmao bcuz they can’t forget “it ain’t church”.

We were in chaos for ten minutes to execute her but thanks to the original leader who didn’t stop making foods and farming, we did not starve. The auto elected leader was the best obviously among the town.

Last edited by picado (2020-06-29 16:04:10)

#2 2020-06-29 16:03:07

JonySky
Website

Re: User Story: It ain’t church

It is a confusing and complicated system to understand ... I think you were lucky, but it could have resulted in a sad ending ...

#3 2020-06-29 16:11:14

picado

JonySky wrote:

It is a confusing and complicated system to understand ... I think you were lucky, but it could have resulted in a sad ending ...

Obviously It was lucky for me. I had seen one case where it worked properly.

Btw in my understanding, it’s not complicated.

As far as i know if a evil leader is trying to solo kill an innocent person, we can help the innocent by following him/her as it makes required posse size two.

Would you share ur experience?

#4 2020-06-29 17:02:15

Arcurus

picado wrote:
JonySky wrote:

As far as i know if a evil leader is trying to solo kill an innocent person, we can help the innocent by following him/her as it makes required posse size two.

dont think that it works like that. I think its allies - enemies or something like this. So having two allies against ten or more enemies wont help much.

Have to look at the code how it exactly works, but its quite complicated...

#5 2020-06-29 17:03:44

picado

picado wrote:

Nvm. I found the posse failing thread.
I hope this thread to be left for user story...

#6 2020-06-29 17:07:03

picado

Arcurus wrote:
picado wrote:
JonySky wrote:

dont think that it works like that. I think its allies - enemies or something like this. So having two allies against ten or more enemies wont help much.

Ok.. it seems i tried to understand it too simply.
Maybe we require to experiment to understand the mechanism without reading code...

#7 2020-06-29 17:14:47

Arcurus

picado wrote:

Ok.. it seems i tried to understand it too simply.
Maybe we require to experiment to understand the mechanism without reading code...

lol yea, just take care, last time i wanted to try it out with my sister which asked me if i can kill her, we where going the the far edge to be able to kill and then someone sneaked after us and reported it to the leader. Thankfully i could explain it to the leader...

By the way i did not manage to kill her, i forgot that i followed her, because i thought ii can then use /leader to not loose her  and i forgot to exile her, thought thats not needed at  the outside of the village and then we ran out of food before we could figure it out how to kill / be killed smile

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-06-29 17:15:24)

#8 2020-06-29 17:50:58

picado

Arcurus wrote:

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/ … 387b4110a6

I confirmed the code.
As you said if the number of enemies is larger than the number of allies they can solo kill.

Geez. Idk what happen when i was in the situation.

#9 2020-06-29 18:03:15

Arcurus

picado wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/ … 387b4110a6

I confirmed the code.
As you said if the number of enemies is larger than the number of allies they can solo kill.

Geez. Idk what happen when i was in the situation.

thx for looking it up:

New alternative mechanism for measuring consensus to kill:  how many nearby
  allies do you have (people who share the same top leader as you) vs how many
  nearby enemies do you have (people who see you as exiled through leadership
  mechanics).  If you have more enemies than allies, you can be solo killed. 
  If you have as many or more allies than enemies, minPosseFraction applies as
  before.  In other words, the posse size requirements, which are currently
  exreme, are bypassed if the majority of people around you see you as exiled.

so you would need to be two and then exile the other person and be out of the village, then a single kill might work....

Posse size if i remember right is something like 2/3 plus a minimum of X?

so with 12 people you would have posse size of 8 plus the allies? minus the one who exiled the one. Something like this...

At least a single solo kill if you have one ally and the other one has one ally should be allowed outside of the village...

Board footer