One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-22 07:29:46

Telafiesta

The Legend of the Carrot Sponge

Has your mother never told you the legend of Carrot Sponge?
It creeps thru your garden laughing as your tools break and you toil in the soil. 
In its arms is always a basket full of food. Even as it's Mother starves, its basket it will not drop.
It winds and whips thru your woods picking every berry off the bush even when its belly does not hunger, with its flint chip, more seed it must create.
It will slither back to camp, its job just having begun.
Carrot Sponge starts hiding baskets of carrots behind trees like they are knifes, as a child adopted and fed by your aunt terror begins to fill your tiny soul.
As one after the next family member dies. Letter by letter your baby lungs call "C" "A" "R" "R" "O" "T" "SP" "ON" "GE", but no one hears your cries.
Panic has now consumed the camp.
"No more kids" Grandma cries, but its far too late Carrot Sponge is now force feeding babies with food straight from the farm as it sustains itself on baskets hidden thru the camp.
"T" "Y" the babies cry, as it shovels carrot after carrot down their baby gullet. 
The madness continues and the last of the sturdy begin to fall, all the while carrot sponge grows larger the beast fed by the madness.
Its lips finally begin to move "I" "CARROT" "SPONGE". The monster intelligent!
You stay near a dying flame only able to watch, your weak baby arms not yet strong enough to protest.
Your Aunt scolding the demon as she starve on the soil she once till.
Soon Its just you a monster and a few children who now now starve their mouths no longer being shoveled carrots.
You feel the hunger pains start as you chant to yourself "grow faster" and the babies around begin to die.
A monsters eye then lands on you "YOU TELL" WHAT YOU" "SEE I THE" "CARROT SPONGE" " CANNOT DIE".
Then like smoke caught in a wind, it vanished.
Your tiny tummy locked in knots  as you finally grow, your toddler legs pump as I weave to the nearest tree searching for the monsters stash.
A carrot! You find... but only to slow to eat. Be warned some people say its just a myth, but I saw it with my own two eyes, it is real, the Carrot Sponge does exist.

Last edited by Telafiesta (2018-04-22 07:52:24)

#2 2018-04-22 10:02:32

YAHG

Re: The Legend of the Carrot Sponge

<3

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#3 2018-04-22 10:18:02

Alleria

<3 fuk carrots. Oat is the new meta

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#4 2018-04-22 10:19:09

jord1990

The grasshoppers are upon us !

Board footer