One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-21 15:15:57

kubassa
Banned

Latest Update.

Well this latest update just ruined this game.

If it doesn't get reverted I can not see myself playing it any loner. It was bad enough that the tile space got crowded now we have to deal with tools, baskets and other stuff turning into garbage piles taking up even more tile space.

degradation of stuff is a stupid idea now making it pointless to build anything. I built 10 baskets as an eve and before i died they were turning into floppy baskets. Used a tool 5 times in another life and it broke? WTF.

Stupid.

Last edited by kubassa (2018-04-21 15:16:51)

I got huge ballz.

#2 2018-04-21 15:20:32

Exsel

Re: Latest Update.

I'm out too, lmao. This updates garbage. Literally and figuratively.

#3 2018-04-21 18:38:24

kubassa
Banned

Exsel wrote:

I'm out too, lmao. This updates garbage. Literally and figuratively.

yup. was fun while it lasted.

I got huge ballz.

#4 2018-04-21 18:51:00

arkajalka

I really hope to see changes to this update. It just erased all the meaning from the game. Now if i play i just grief a city from valuables (needle XD, tools, cart) and roam in to the wild make clothes and then be like "what now". Live to 60 and die. Feels like there is nothing to achieve, or it doesnt have any meaning cause it will decay before you even die. I dont usually grieff or murder but this update wakened a devil in me.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#5 2018-04-21 19:10:53

kubassa
Banned

arkajalka wrote:

I really hope to see changes to this update. It just erased all the meaning from the game. Now if i play i just grief a city from valuables (needle XD, tools, cart) and roam in to the wild make clothes and then be like "what now". Live to 60 and die. Feels like there is nothing to achieve, or it doesnt have any meaning cause it will decay before you even die. I dont usually grieff or murder but this update wakened a devil in me.

I'm going "Full Retard". If you see a dude with a bow and arrow....... RUN!!!!!

I got huge ballz.

#6 2018-04-21 19:38:02

stickyflypaper

I guess I'm done too. At least for a while, until real improvements are made.
Sad...

#7 2018-04-21 23:05:49

Fran

kubassa wrote:
arkajalka wrote:

I'm going "Full Retard". If you see a dude with a bow and arrow....... RUN!!!!!

specially if he's nekkid

#8 2018-04-22 00:51:50

Valences42

Ha! I read that a couple times as going 'Full Richard'; then the post about being stark nekkid... lol!

I'm cursed with a darned mind of a twelve year old!

#9 2018-04-22 00:58:06

adrian010886

Connection Lost...Connection Lost...Connection Lost...three times now at completely random times and with no warning

Last edited by adrian010886 (2018-04-22 00:58:57)

#10 2018-04-22 01:08:24

Lily

adrian010886 wrote:

Connection Lost...Connection Lost...Connection Lost...three times now at completely random times and with no warning

Yeah, that is definitely the biggest problem. Several times I had a really amazing spots or was doing great and then just randomly lose connection.

#11 2018-04-22 03:45:51

FibreFlim

I will admit, the new update needs a lot of work. For me, a game like this should be expected to have a few bad updates here and there, especially since the very concept of this game is very abstract and experimental. It's good that we protest bad changes in the game, but lets also be happy that we have someone who actively wants to fix glaring issues with it.
Just give it some time, and if it never gets fixed there will always be private servers.

"Life sucks, and then you die."
-Vinesauce Joel

#12 2018-04-22 04:24:25

Xuhybrid

I'm pretty much done for now too. The changes to Eve spawning were a good change but i disagree with worms, finite soil and now finite tools and baskets. Just ruins any sense of progression the game currently had and any enjoyment you can get from playing the game. Adding in these systems before there is ANY further progression or repairing is a huge mistake.

Last edited by Xuhybrid (2018-04-22 04:25:06)

#13 2018-04-22 04:33:26

Naeght

I agree with Fibre that a few bad updates are inevitable, but this decay needs some serious rework.  Skyroketting the dificulty by forcing repetitive tasks is a bad direction in my opinion. The amount of grinding required for baskets is awfull and impossible to sustain. If the intention is pushing pies as a better (or only) storeable food, i would rather make carrots despawn faster.

#14 2018-04-22 05:10:28

btn

i dont know why jason keeps taking "can we have progression in the form of new, more complex tech" as "can you just make this same old stuff more boring, difficult, and any progress easily ruined".

#15 2018-04-22 05:30:18

LavishFox
Website

btn wrote:

i dont know why jason keeps taking "can we have progression in the form of new, more complex tech" as "can you just make this same old stuff more boring, difficult, and any progress easily ruined".

I think that Jason originally planned to do all the things we asked of him. But we have a habit of advancing too fast. He is trying to slow us down so that he can catch up and create new content. The problem is that he keeps having to deal with setbacks that the previous update produced. The updates over the past couple weeks show this to be the case.

#16 2018-04-22 05:35:19

sammoh

Jason is running a marathon, not a sprint. If you are interested in more complex crafting or less punishing agriculture try a custom server (or make your own!).

Two Hours, One Life - a curated OHOL server with heavy modifications.

Discord:     https://discord.gg/atEgxm7
Address:          https://github.com/frankvalentine/clients

#17 2018-04-22 05:57:45

btn

LavishFox wrote:

I think that Jason originally planned to do all the things we asked of him. But we have a habit of advancing too fast. He is trying to slow us down so that he can catch up and create new content. The problem is that he keeps having to deal with setbacks that the previous update produced. The updates over the past couple weeks show this to be the case.

i'd daresay you're right on the mark there, but i don't think it's a good way of dealing with the problem. it's absolutely frustrating to see the game stagnate instead of advance - feels like one step forward and three steps back lately. i'm sure it's not going to last forever, but neither is my interest in the game.

plus i know for me personally, the game trailer gave me the impression that there was quite a backlog of big tech updates already waiting for us that he would implement in chunks every week. it was a bit of a disappointment to realise that this wasn't the case at all.

#18 2018-04-22 06:10:18

Turnipseed

btn wrote:
LavishFox wrote:

i'd daresay you're right on the mark there, but i don't think it's a good way of dealing with the problem. it's absolutely frustrating to see the game stagnate instead of advance - feels like one step forward and three steps back lately. i'm sure it's not going to last forever, but neither is my interest in the game.

plus i know for me personally, the game trailer gave me the impression that there was quite a backlog of big tech updates already waiting for us that he would implement in chunks every week. it was a bit of a disappointment to realise that this wasn't the case at all.

maybe just let us enjoy it while working on new stuff instead of taking weeks to push us all back? i'll wait for good content even if it only comes once a month. Jason obviously worked hard on this last update he had to do a lot of work last week, but i feel like he worked on the wrong things.

half the time when i spawn as a baby i get to hear the other person gripe about the current state of the game, and I've got to agree. the only good things we've gotten is stone buildings and a (really cool) monument. the rest have just been making an already difficult game even harder. i mean only way to compost is sheep... has he ever tried getting sheep? it takes a minimum of two lifetimes to build the cage and capture the sheep. then you have to put up infrastructure to support them IE berry farm.

plus new people are absolutely screwed i finally had time to teach people again just before the update, and now everyone is scrambling again.

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#19 2018-04-22 06:26:46

LavishFox
Website

btn wrote:
LavishFox wrote:

I got the same impression. I feel the game was brought to market too early. Jason also underestimated the capability and dedication of the player base.

Board footer