One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-06-23 03:21:34

Laskara

Re: Food Discussion

JonySky wrote:

question...
Why has this game become a simulator of creating food?
This is not what is shown in the trailer !!!
I don't want to create more different types of food !!!
everything revolves around food !! it's stupid!
Are not going to generate more challenges ???
Does anyone else care about being forced to create different kinds of food for 60 minutes? Am I the only one who thinks this is boring?

Food's undergoing some balancing right now,

tl;dr jason noticed we were coasting on food stockpiles made multiple generations ago, finishing all the tech our town could, running out of shit to do and then getting bored and killing the town with SIDS, so he tried to balance food production so the town would always need a couple active chefs and it'd take longer to get other tech up

right now it's punishing old towns, but new food content is showing up to diversify yum and reflect an actual balanced diet and encourage trade so I'm sure eventually it's going to balance out into something players like

#27 2020-06-23 06:30:25

DestinyCall

Your "tl;dr" was longer than the rest of your post.   I feel like you don't know what tl;dr means.

#28 2020-06-23 06:55:28

Guy

DestinyCall wrote:

Your "tl;dr" was longer than the rest of your post.   I feel like you don't know what tl;dr means.

I think maybe the first part was supposed to be the tl;dr

#29 2020-06-23 08:40:48

JonySky
Website

Laskara wrote:
JonySky wrote:

question...
Why has this game become a simulator of creating food?
This is not what is shown in the trailer !!!
I don't want to create more different types of food !!!
everything revolves around food !! it's stupid!
Are not going to generate more challenges ???
Does anyone else care about being forced to create different kinds of food for 60 minutes? Am I the only one who thinks this is boring?

Food's undergoing some balancing right now,

tl;dr jason noticed we were coasting on food stockpiles made multiple generations ago, finishing all the tech our town could, running out of shit to do and then getting bored and killing the town with SIDS, so he tried to balance food production so the town would always need a couple active chefs and it'd take longer to get other tech up

right now it's punishing old towns, but new food content is showing up to diversify yum and reflect an actual balanced diet and encourage trade so I'm sure eventually it's going to balance out into something players like

It seems you don't know much about the development of this game ...
to balance the food it is not necessary to create more food

I think it's great that you want to see a reality that does not exist, but we have been "balancing" this game for too long and this does not advance

It seems that OHOL is a game that is "unbalanced" very easily ... And this shows that many things fail, not just food

#30 2020-06-23 17:27:08

DestinyCall

And let's be serious here ... in what way does adding pickling cucumbers to the game "balance" anything?    It is a novelty food.

#31 2020-06-23 17:46:42

antking:]#

DestinyCall wrote:

And let's be serious here ... in what way does adding pickling cucumbers to the game "balance" anything?    It is a novelty food.

well cucumbers have become the tomatoes of any none brown skin, a tomato meaning that it is used in very few recipes that are usually not made, but people still grow them for their yum value

but the biggest part of the pickle update was all the new crops that were introduced that have no sensible value to be grown now (dill, garlic, & peppercorns) but might become more important in the future

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#32 2020-06-23 17:51:32

DestinyCall

Yes, the dead space crops are a fun noob trap.

I hope we get some wider application for them soon.

#33 2020-06-23 19:49:13

fug

DestinyCall wrote:

Yes, the dead space crops are a fun noob trap.

I hope we get some wider application for them soon.

I mean to be fair this week is some tweaking for foods and supposedly meat rub + other new foods that couldn't get squeezed in last week.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#34 2020-06-23 22:52:37

DestinyCall

That's good to here.   I was half expecting dill and garlic to become the new pumpkin, piling up uneaten in most towns.

#35 2020-06-24 05:50:55

JonySky
Website

'antking: wrote:

but the biggest part of the pickle update was all the new crops that were introduced that have no sensible value to be grown now (dill, garlic, & peppercorns) but might become more important in the future

We have salt for a long time and it is hardly used in other recipes

#36 2020-06-24 07:04:31

DestinyCall

Sauerkraut and rust.   

Of course, now that sauerkraut gives one pip, it is a bit of a let down to make a crock of it.

Board footer