You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-20 07:02:58

Guy

Your favorite life?

Let's hear it.

#2 2020-06-20 07:39:58

Zerghaikn

Re: Your favorite life?

I've had so many good lives that I can't pick just one. So here are some stories from previous lives.

1) A bear was ravaging through our village, killing everyone in sight. The leader made an order for all girls to hide in the sheep pen. This little girl and I were stuck with all the sheep and sheep dung. The bear tried to get us but were safe with our poop and dead lambs. I like to think of this as a war story. Only 3 people survived the attack.

2) In another village, we were stuck in the mountains, close to snow when another bear attack happened. We were all crowded in the kitchen, warming ourselves by the fire, while the hunter was dealing with the problem. Our fisherman came back with lots of fish and shrimp. We ate well, while the bear did not.

3) I was born into a grave keeping job. Yes, I am aware the job is wasteful, but my mother and I took great pride in our work. We buried everyone and laid down paths around the graveyard. We even put tombstones for special people. Once my mother died, I buried her next to my grandma and mourned. My sister came over, old as dirt. I promised her I would bury her with our mom and grandmother. I upheld the promise. I like to think someone buried me with them.

Moments like these make the game so much more than a survival game and it's what I came to love about this game. Such a wholesome game if you are with the right family.

#3 2020-06-20 16:10:35

Arcurus

Zerghaikn wrote:

3) I was born into a grave keeping job. Yes, I am aware the job is wasteful, but my mother and I took great pride in our work.

actually its not wasteful any more, some updates ago, shovel is not used up anymore if used for graves. so actually you did a good job since buried people decay faster.... But dont know if it is still against the 10 commandments of efficiency, that you need to ask Peine....

#4 2020-06-20 19:33:31

DestinyCall

Arcurus wrote:
Zerghaikn wrote:

3) I was born into a grave keeping job. Yes, I am aware the job is wasteful, but my mother and I took great pride in our work.

actually its not wasteful any more, some updates ago, shovel is not used up anymore if used for graves. so actually you did a good job since buried people decay faster.... But dont know if it is still against the 10 commandments of efficiency, that you need to ask Peine....

Last I checked, grave tending is perfectly fine from an efficiency standpoint.   Since it does not waste iron to bury corpses and graveyards look prettier than open fields of bones, I consider it a real plus.

For maximum fun, construct a gravestone wall around your entire town.

#5 2020-06-20 20:25:55

Zerghaikn

DestinyCall wrote:
Arcurus wrote:
Zerghaikn wrote:

Last I checked, grave tending is perfectly fine from an efficiency standpoint.   Since it does not waste iron to bury corpses and graveyards look prettier than open fields of bones, I consider it a real plus.

For maximum fun, construct a gravestone wall around your entire town.

That's good to know. I might have to give it a try.

#6 2020-06-20 23:18:16

Grim_Arbiter

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5181

Still my favorite. I could have wrote a short book from it.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#7 2020-06-20 23:22:10

Coconut Fruit

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#8 2020-06-21 00:16:54

Guy

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Oh okay, Would you rather me post there?

#9 2020-06-21 03:24:37

YannaChan
Banned

So far, this one http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6218808

It was a roleplay life and I adore roleplays so it was nice smile

#10 2020-06-23 03:46:32

Laskara

My favorite life was actually super sad and bothered me a little, and that's why I remember it still. It actually makes me cry to think about.

I was the last kid born in a town that was about to die, and unfortunately I was a boy, so that was it. We all decided to keep playing, me, my mom, and uncle star. Uncle star kept reassuring us that things were OK, and to have fun and smile because we were a family. Eventually mom and uncle star got old and died, because they were already very old when I was born. I wanted to mark their graves, but I didn't really know what I was doing so I kept having to run out into the woods for new saplings because I kept messing the letters up, I was determined to do it so I cut down every sapling in the goddamn forest so I could mark their graves, knowing eventually I'd figure it out. I wanted people to know we were there, I knew with no one to bury me my skeleton would disappear, but their graves would be there, and if I marked them people would know they were important.

I got mauled by a bear. I didn't do it. I didn't mark their graves. I actually cried in real life.

It was my favorite life because of uncle star.

#11 2020-06-23 04:23:30

JackTreehorn

My favourite life was as a OHOL news reporter, I had set up a radio in a small office room in a developed city and was reporting to another town the events which occurred in our town.
I interviewed people and eventually a man named ford started following me around with a camera being my camera man.
We found a little girl named Gio who wanted to be a news presenter too, she held a maple stick as a microphone.
We got our interviews then reported them over the airwaves and listened in on the responses.
The other town loved it!. Eventually a little boy followed the three of us around with a birch branch being a boom mike operator.
We had the whole OHOL news team assembled.

That's when we heard over the radio of a war which hit the other town.
The OHOL news team wanted to cover it but I was reaching retirement, I stayed back and sent the team out to cover it.
I grew worried and as I was about to die my new team returned. They said they got attacked once they reached the town but got the footage we needed.
I was just glad they made it back alive. They said they would continue OHOL news and I died.

Next life i was born into the town which had the war and over the radio I hear Gio reporting the news! I told her who I was and people in both towns started saying I was famous. It was a very entertaining life. 

Shout outs to the OHOL news team Ford, Gio and my boom mike operator.

Last edited by JackTreehorn (2020-06-23 04:25:35)

Eve Audette

#12 2020-06-23 05:07:45

Grim_Arbiter

JackTreehorn wrote:

My favourite life was as a OHOL news reporter, I had set up a radio in a small office room in a developed city and was reporting to another town the events which occurred in our town.
I interviewed people and eventually a man named ford started following me around with a camera being my camera man.
We found a little girl named Gio who wanted to be a news presenter too, she held a maple stick as a microphone.
We got our interviews then reported them over the airwaves and listened in on the responses.
The other town loved it!. Eventually a little boy followed the three of us around with a birch branch being a boom mike operator.
We had the whole OHOL news team assembled.

That's when we heard over the radio of a war which hit the other town.
The OHOL news team wanted to cover it but I was reaching retirement, I stayed back and sent the team out to cover it.
I grew worried and as I was about to die my new team returned. They said they got attacked once they reached the town but got the footage we needed.
I was just glad they made it back alive. They said they would continue OHOL news and I died.

Next life i was born into the town which had the war and over the radio I hear Gio reporting the news! I told her who I was and people in both towns started saying I was famous. It was a very entertaining life. 

Shout outs to the OHOL news team Ford, Gio and my boom mike operator.

See I was three dog one life. "Bringing you the truth.. no matter how bad it hurts."

Probably a in the top 10 life there.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#13 2020-06-23 10:04:41

Arcurus

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

See I was three dog one life. "Bringing you the truth.. no matter how bad it hurts."

yea dont get hurt, currently reporters dont have an easy time....

#14 2020-06-23 14:31:39

Grim_Arbiter

Arcurus wrote:
Grim_Arbiter wrote:

yea dont get hurt, currently reporters dont have an easy time....

"Today's weather, excessively violent, with a chance of dismemberment. Tune in later for our five day forecast!"

--Grim

#15 2020-06-23 14:34:55

Arcurus

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

"Today's weather, excessively violent, with a chance of dismemberment. Tune in later for our five day forecast!"

yes this violent sun currently....

#16 2020-06-23 15:04:13

DestinyCall

Never a good sign when the sun has been drinking all night long.   The next day is bound to get bloody.

#17 2020-06-23 21:58:08

BlueCramberry64

I was a blonde kid when a little girl approached me saying I was cute. I was working on a walled garden next to a graveyard when we promised to marry each other when older. I spent my youth gathering resources from the wilderness, always returning to town to check on the little girl that now had become my wife. We had a son together, told jokes, and play around as much as we could. We did gardening together and thanks to our teamwork we managed to finish the garden and embellish the graveyard. We grow old together and I died as we danced with flowers in hand in the graveyard with our loved ones watching. One of the best feelings in my life.

Board footer