a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-18 01:54:07

karltown_veteran

I miss wars

People should start living together again
and fighting again
all the drama was nice ;-;

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2020-06-19 00:21:16

natnood

Re: I miss wars

Yes, yes, and yes.

Nearly all of my most favorite plays have been throughout a course of wars or murders. I'll write a short one below.

I was born in a small settlement. It was clear it had been placed near a town as there was a good amount of loot (horses, swords, iron) to come from more advanced cities. My mother began to explain to me how the city they had stole from destroyed their former civilization, and that they had planned to take vengeance by depleting their resources and food supply. Once I grew, I knew not to stray far from my village to discourage any wandering enemies from spotting my home. However, a woman atop a horse armed with a sword saw us and began to chase after my siblings and mother. Mom was the first to go. Once the woman had spot her, the enemy promptly got off her saddle and chased my Mother, stabbing her effectively. I managed to snatch the horse and follow the woman, but I ended up dying once I had gotten down to munch on a few wild berries. Had to have been the most dramatic, yet one of my shortest lives I've ever experienced in OHOL. If only I could relive it. sad

#3 2020-06-19 14:03:11

mrbah

honestly, the new leader feature means nations are becoming more viable.
Subjugating a smaller Family and making them pay tribute (their native ressources) for relatively few of your own or otherwise traded (for them) foreign ressources sound like a good prelude to an independence war.

#4 2020-06-19 16:54:53

Bobo Bill

mrbah wrote:

Subjugating a smaller Family and making them pay tribute (their native ressources) for relatively few of your own or otherwise traded (for them) foreign resources sound like a good prelude to an independence war.

Doesn't work like that buddy a lot of people that play this game are extreme pussies and will just call you a griefer if you tried to do any of that.

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

― Genghis Khan

#5 2020-06-19 17:21:07

fug

Bobo Bill wrote:
mrbah wrote:

Subjugating a smaller Family and making them pay tribute (their native ressources) for relatively few of your own or otherwise traded (for them) foreign resources sound like a good prelude to an independence war.

Doesn't work like that buddy a lot of people that play this game are extreme pussies and will just call you a griefer if you tried to do any of that.

Such rich language for a 13 year old.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#6 2020-06-19 18:34:16

Arcurus

fug wrote:
Bobo Bill wrote:

Such rich language for a 13 year old.

who knows maybe he got 14 meanwhile?

oh my god what makes me write these stupid comments?

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-06-19 18:35:37)

#7 2020-06-19 22:39:43

Catfive

if you want wars back and killings, just go back to solo killing. it was actually easier to deal with shitheads when we had solo killing and yet we still managed some great community towns. i really enjoyed that time in the game. yes there were still those who needed and caused emo drama due to their need for attention but we also enjoyed killing them when they did shitty stuff too.

#8 2020-06-19 23:22:53

TheRubyCart

WE NEED SOLO-KILLING AGAIN, IT CAN BE FRUSTRATING, BUT, IT CAN MAKE FOR EXTREMELY DETAILED, AND FUN, GRAND CONQUESTS

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#9 2020-06-23 01:32:35

Laskara

I actually saw an entire town try to gear up for war with another town a few weeks ago but they never went because how to bring enough food for the trip became an insurmountable issue. The feeding curve is actually preventing wars.

Board footer