Arcurus

Re: First wisps of new content...

WoodSpoon wrote:

He is going to work on a new game

That explains a lot. which direction?

#27 2020-06-17 11:28:33

Lava

He’s made 2 million of ohol. I might be wrong could be more.

#28 2020-06-17 11:43:44

WoodSpoon
Banned

Arcurus wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:

He didn't reveal too much, Basically OHOL but more like a real time strategy. Everything will still be the same hand drawn style but in a larger scale, Whole buildings instead of individual items.

Last edited by WoodSpoon (2020-06-17 11:46:29)

#29 2020-06-17 11:54:15

Arcurus

WoodSpoon wrote:
Arcurus wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:

He didn't reveal too much, Basically OHOL but more like a real time strategy. Everything will still be the same hand drawn style but in a larger scale, Whole buildings instead of individual items.

wow sounds nice!

Where do you get your information from?

#30 2020-06-17 12:46:09

WoodSpoon
Banned

Arcurus wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

wow sounds nice!

Emails, I asked him if he was okay because he seemed badly burnt out. He just wants to tie a few loose ends and then start this new project.

Last edited by WoodSpoon (2020-06-17 12:47:36)

#31 2020-06-17 12:59:38

Lava

WoodSpoon wrote:
Arcurus wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:

wow sounds nice!

Emails, I asked him if he was okay because he seemed badly burnt out. He just wants to tie a few loose ends and then start this new project.

Did he give a specific date when he will stop updating the game?

#32 2020-06-17 13:25:56

Arcurus

WoodSpoon wrote:

yea he really sounded quite burned out... i guess its quite hard for a one man developer to make everything by your own for that many years....

Lava wrote:

i thought there was something mentioned in steam that he will support two years or so of updates after release, but i didnt find the statement yet again.

#33 2020-06-17 13:38:40

Tipy

Arcurus wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:

yea he really sounded quite burned out... i guess its quite hard for a one man developer to make everything by your own for that many years....

Lava wrote:

i thought there was something mentioned in steam that he will support two years or so of updates after release, but i didnt find the statement yet again.

The game is already more than 2 years old. It was released in like late febuary/early march of 2018

Build bell towers not apocalypse towers

#34 2020-06-17 13:39:23

StrongForce

I'll wait for an official post from Jason.

Baby dance!!

#35 2020-06-17 14:23:59

Twisted

WoodSpoon is just making stuff up, you're all too naive.

#36 2020-06-17 14:39:52

sigmen4020

Twisted wrote:

yYm2yco.png

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#37 2020-06-17 14:53:16

JonySky
Website

WoodSpoon wrote:
Arcurus wrote:
JonySky wrote:

hahahahahaha
If you want to have this, I recommend that you learn to program and do it yourself ... you will finish much sooner

lol yea, i know how to program c++, just never had much patience for graphics creation, like more to design efficient beautiful algorithms and data base structures...

its more, that i dont think that i would dedicate long time enough to learn in detail how OHOL works and then build up a second server with enough player base, since OHOL is currently heavily dependent of having enough players....

And how much effort OHOL is you can see in this video from Jason, I have very much respect for all the effort he put in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIPmjnsCPR4

Would be interesting to know if Jason wants to dedicate further to this project. He looked the last weeks "little bit" burned out. Also since he needs to finance his hole family from programming games, the current financial model of OHOL is not meant to sustain long term income, its based on the need of constant new players. So unless he changes his financial model, or the community starts supporting him financially i dont see a big future for OHOL long term game play. Or did OHOL make already that much income, that he can life up to retirement from it?

May I know where Jason has posted that he will no longer be working on more updates?
I haven't found anything about that?

#38 2020-06-17 14:57:51

sigmen4020

JonySky wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

lol yea, i know how to program c++, just never had much patience for graphics creation, like more to design efficient beautiful algorithms and data base structures...

its more, that i dont think that i would dedicate long time enough to learn in detail how OHOL works and then build up a second server with enough player base, since OHOL is currently heavily dependent of having enough players....

And how much effort OHOL is you can see in this video from Jason, I have very much respect for all the effort he put in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIPmjnsCPR4

Would be interesting to know if Jason wants to dedicate further to this project. He looked the last weeks "little bit" burned out. Also since he needs to finance his hole family from programming games, the current financial model of OHOL is not meant to sustain long term income, its based on the need of constant new players. So unless he changes his financial model, or the community starts supporting him financially i dont see a big future for OHOL long term game play. Or did OHOL make already that much income, that he can life up to retirement from it?

May I know where Jason has posted that he will no longer be working on more updates?
I haven't found anything about that?

Nowhere. Woodspoon supposedly got that information in an email Jason sent to him.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-06-17 14:59:10)

#39 2020-06-17 15:25:48

Lava

We got JABAITED

I actually thought it was a spoon alt lmao that’s why I believed it

Last edited by Lava (2020-06-17 15:26:14)

#40 2020-06-17 16:47:37

Arcurus

Lava wrote:

We got JABAITED

I actually thought it was a spoon alt lmao that’s why I believed it

lol yea, strategy ohol version sounded too great to be true smile

Doesnt look that Jason will stop updates for now, but better ask him himself.... so we may get OHOL closer to a real strategy OHOL version or to a farming cucumber simulation... whatever, nobody knows where on the end we will reach, thats in away quite the fun smile

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-06-17 16:48:12)

#41 2020-06-17 17:09:39

fug

>not wanting an RTS based off of ohol.

I don't know man that could definitely be a fun time.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#42 2020-06-17 21:50:01

WoodSpoon
Banned

Twisted wrote:

I didn't make it up. I went to school with his son, I've met him in real life. So of course he'd open up to me a bit more then some randos.

Besides it's obvious he isn't too interested anymore. That ship has sailed, Jason is still literally at the drawing board stage with his new game. He hasn't even started working on it yet so why would he announce it already?

I'll ask him if it is okay to send screenshots of the emails. There's a few personal details in them he might not want not want to share.

#43 2020-06-17 22:13:36

The_Anabaptist

WoodSpoon wrote:
Twisted wrote:

I didn't make it up. I went to school with his son, I've met him in real life. So of course he'd open up to me a bit more then some randos.

Besides it's obvious he isn't too interested anymore. That ship has sailed, Jason is still literally at the drawing board stage with his new game. He hasn't even started working on it yet so why would he announce it already?

I'll ask him if it is okay to send screenshots of the emails. There's a few personal details in them he might not want not want to share.

Dude, if you have a relationship with his kid and that gives you an inside track, then more power to you.  But my advice to you is to leave your ego and need to be validated at the door.  You have nothing to prove to anyone in the forum, so don't go sharing any emails, Jason's next game isn't yours to hype right now.  And if you are blowing smoke up people's asses, then congrats, you had some fun on the forum community.  Admit it and move on.

I'm thinking you are blowing smoke, but what do I know?  As Jason isn't good with dealing with his customer base, I can certainly imagine him retreating to the safety of a fresh start that means not having to deal with a community of passionate users for a couple more years until the next game release.

The_Anabaptist

#44 2020-06-17 22:49:24

WoodSpoon
Banned

The_Anabaptist wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:
Twisted wrote:

Dude, if you have a relationship with his kid and that gives you an inside track, then more power to you.  But my advice to you is to leave your ego and need to be validated at the door.  You have nothing to prove to anyone in the forum, so don't go sharing any emails, Jason's next game isn't yours to hype right now.  And if you are blowing smoke up people's asses, then congrats, you had some fun on the forum community.  Admit it and move on.

I'm thinking you are blowing smoke, but what do I know?  As Jason isn't good with dealing with his customer base, I can certainly imagine him retreating to the safety of a fresh start that means not having to deal with a community of passionate users for a couple more years until the next game release.

The_Anabaptist

Why so aggressive, One of you asked about the future of the game. I didn't share any emails, Just hinted at what's to come. I thought this community of passionate users would want to know.

Perhaps you should ask him about it yourself instead of shooting the messager. He could use some early testers when an alpha build ie ready.

#45 2020-06-17 23:44:11

JackTreehorn

WoodSpoon wrote:
The_Anabaptist wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:

The_Anabaptist

Why so aggressive, One of you asked about the future of the game. I didn't share any emails, Just hinted at what's to come. I thought this community of passionate users would want to know.

Perhaps you should ask him about it yourself instead of shooting the messager. He could use some early testers when an alpha build ie ready.

You are not Jason's messenger. You may have overheard some gossip on the school grounds that doesn't give you the right to inform the player base that the game will be abandoned because of hearsay. How do you think rumours like that would affect sales? sometimes it's better to keep that information to yourself. Also why would we want or need to know that?

Eve Audette

#46 2020-06-17 23:49:24

WoodSpoon
Banned

JackTreehorn wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:
The_Anabaptist wrote:

The_Anabaptist

You are not Jason's messenger. You may have overheard some gossip on the school grounds that doesn't give you the right to inform the player base that the game will be abandoned because of hearsay. How do you think rumours like that would affect sales? sometimes it's better to keep that information to yourself. Also why would we want or need to know that?

Why even waste your time. You guys want to know because you asked, If you can be bothered to read you'll see that

Why WOULDN'T  you want to know?

Last edited by WoodSpoon (2020-06-17 23:53:36)

#47 2020-06-17 23:59:39

JackTreehorn

WoodSpoon wrote:
JackTreehorn wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:

Why even waste your time. You guys want to know because you asked, If you can be bothered to read you'll see that

1. Because we don't know if your a troll or just a kid who wants his ego stroked because he heard a rumour.
2. Because it will reduce playerbase and overall sales.
3. Because less people will want to learn/play a game which may soon no longer be developed and left to be abandoned.
What have we got to gain from knowing this, absolutely nothing...

I see you didn't address that it wasn't your right to tell the player base, at least you might have learnt something from this.

I just read through this thread no one asked you.

Last edited by JackTreehorn (2020-06-18 00:08:23)

Eve Audette

#48 2020-06-18 00:08:05

sigmen4020

WoodSpoon wrote:

noP3JNQ.png

#49 2020-06-18 00:13:00

WoodSpoon
Banned

sigmen4020 wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/noP3JNQ.png

Ok

#50 2020-06-18 00:14:00

WoodSpoon
Banned

JackTreehorn wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:
JackTreehorn wrote:

1. Because we don't know if your a troll or just a kid who wants his ego stroked because he heard a rumour.
2. Because it will reduce playerbase and overall sales.
3. Because less people will want to learn/play a game which may soon no longer be developed and left to be abandoned.
What have we got to gain from knowing this, absolutely nothing...

I see you didn't address that it wasn't your right to tell the player base, at least you might have learnt something from this.

I just read through this thread no one asked you.

Ok

Board footer