One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-06 04:32:11

AmberA

Trolling the trolls

Since I have zoom I keep an eye on the town, its usually pretty clear who the trolls are, the ones who stand around being rude and rarely contributing. I try to avoid them since no good comes with interacting with them. to be clear, being a troll to me isn't the same thing as being griefer so usually its more tolerated.

One of trolls whom I'd already had my eye on because he was talking rudely to people was an early teen and started talking to me something like "hey lady, give me your clothes" I replied with "fuck no". I don't usually curse but no decent person asks for clothes like that. He immediately cursed me and ran down the road before I could catch his name thinking he'd get away with it.

Thankfully he wasn't very smart and ran down the road to the next town. That town only had 1 inhabitant...my daughter. I told her what happened, the troll kid immediately started lying, things like "she tried to stab me" "shes a lying slut" etc. My daughter immediately cursed him.

The troll then stole off the pies and ran off thinking he'd get away with it.

I went back home and found my son. We went to visit my daughter down the road where I, my son, and a town visitor then also cursed the guy. He got four courses because he couldn't behave like a decent person. Sometimes you do get a happy ending.

#2 2020-06-06 09:59:53

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Re: Trolling the trolls

Nice. Maybe a quick trip to donkey town will teach them how to play nice with others

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#3 2020-06-06 23:17:09

Crumpaloo

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Nice. Maybe a quick trip to donkey town will teach them how to play nice with others

Yeah or he'll just get a refund and never play the game again. 99% of the people doing this are new who dont understand how to be useful cause nobody taught them. Playerbase condoning mass cursing/banning for new players who act out of line is one of the reasons the player-base is tanking even in the middle of a pandemic.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#4 2020-06-07 01:08:10

DestinyCall

Crumpaloo wrote:
DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Yeah or he'll just get a refund and never play the game again. 99% of the people doing this are new who dont understand how to be useful cause nobody taught them. Playerbase condoning mass cursing/banning for new players who act out of line is one of the reasons the player-base is tanking even in the middle of a pandemic.

Last week, I became leader in my late forties and was immediately approached by two people demanding that I exile one of the villagers   I asked what he had done to deserve exile and I was told he was "wasting food", "doing nothing but eating" and "wasn't working".   I looked around and eventually found the troublemaker standing around in the kitchen.    He was a ten year old boy.    I said "hello" and he said "hi".  He didn't seem to be doing anything dangerous or destructive, but I figured I could keep an eye on him until I died, since he was apparently causing problems.  One of the villagers who wanted to exile him ran up at that point and told him that he was about to get exiled by the village leader (me).  The kid said that he was new and looked sad.

I asked him if he wanted to learn anything and he asked to learn farming.   By this point I was in my mid fifties, so I had to talk fast, but I led him over to the farms and showed him how to plant and harvest corn before I died.   I did not exile him for not knowing how to play the game.   And I think it is more than a little sad that nobody bothered to ask him if he needed help instead of assuming he was just a slacker or worse.

#5 2020-06-07 06:24:32

AmberA

Crumpaloo wrote:
DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Sorry but this is the type of person I'm ok with not sticking around to play the game. This is the type of person that drives the good players away. I do spend a lot of time teaching new players and it's usually pretty easy to tell who they are based on what they pick up and how they move. Most new players genuinely want to learn but we shouldn't have to teach someone how not to be an asshole.

This particular player, even if he was new he knew how roads worked, he knew how curses worked, he knew that what he did was wrong enough to immediately run away, he knew what to steal, he choose to lie, he choose to call me a slut. Not having him in the game is better than having him.

#6 2020-06-08 10:06:03

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

but yet it affected your life enough to come and tell a forum about your defeat of someone you deem to be rude.  Next time buy your own gold stars and stick one on your 'I'm an important person' page whenever you want to puff out your chest.

Last edited by FishRfriendsnotfood (2020-06-08 10:06:42)

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#7 2020-06-09 14:19:29

AmberA

FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

but yet it affected your life enough to come and tell a forum about your defeat of someone you deem to be rude.  Next time buy your own gold stars and stick one on your 'I'm an important person' page whenever you want to puff out your chest.

No thanks, I'm stuck at home like most everyone else and if I want to come to the forums to share my experience with others who also play the game then I will. I've played so many damn lives where the town was griefed or stolen from or dealt with racist or sexist players, this time I had a small victory and wanted to share it.

#8 2020-06-09 14:52:48

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

AmberA wrote:
FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

No thanks, I'm stuck at home like most everyone else and if I want to come to the forums to share my experience with others who also play the game then I will. I've played so many damn lives where the town was griefed or stolen from or dealt with racist or sexist players, this time I had a small victory and wanted to share it.

Well you win at life *claps*

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

Board footer