One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-30 20:57:02

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Update: Forgiveness

YhI3A4c.png

You can undo a personal curse against someone by saying I FORGIVE JANE SMITH or I FORGIVE YOU.

A mistake in the way curses were counted has been fixed, where the count could grow stale relative to curses that had expired long ago.  Unfortunately, this mistake resulted in at least one person being sent to donkeytown unfairly.  I'm really sorry about this.  For anyone else who was affected by this issue unfairly, please know that it was not brought to my attention until this week, and it is fixed now---you're free.

To prevent an overload of hungry and dead animal babies, domestic pigs and sheep now wait until you feed them before they have babies, so you can control the population yourself.  This does make their meat more expensive in terms of feed, so you get one extra piece of meat from each to balance this.  And for sheep, there's also a new feed bucket to mirror the functionality of the corn bucket.

In terms of "juice" in the Petri Puhro sense, your character now looks in the direction of your mouse (left or right) as you move it to click on things.  You can easily face the person you are talking to, and it generally makes everyone feel more alive.

Tap-out gradients for oil and water now include diagonal versions, making it easier than ever to find your way to the source of the tap-out (the oil or water well that dried up the site you're looking at).

After a bunch of complaints about untenable Eve locations (where all wild resources are stripped bare), I've changed the way Eve placement works to make sure that it always happens a bit to the west of the farthest-west active homeland.  Before, the Eve grid marched at a fixed rate, regardless of how fast civilization was expanding, meaning that it often fell behind and placed Eves right in the thick of things.

#2 2020-05-30 21:30:29

Melea

Re: Update: Forgiveness

jasonrohrer wrote:

your character now looks in the direction of your mouse (left or right) as you move it to click on things.  You can easily face the person you are talking to, and it generally makes everyone feel more alive.

Ty - that's a nice little quality of life fix.

jasonrohrer wrote:

After a bunch of complaints about untenable Eve locations (where all wild resources are stripped bare), I've changed the way Eve placement works to make sure that it always happens a bit to the west of the farthest-west active homeland.  Before, the Eve grid marched at a fixed rate, regardless of how fast civilization was expanding, meaning that it often fell behind and placed Eves right in the thick of things.

And this should be very helpful for new eves as well big_smile

#3 2020-05-30 21:42:33

Lava

Can’t wait for content next week!!! Great changes this week

Last edited by Lava (2020-05-30 21:42:50)

#4 2020-05-30 21:58:16

Arcurus

thx for the update and all your work! Forgiveness sounds great! Just wonder if we have still space for all the new commands in the last week in the tooltips smile

With the Eve placement,  i fear, that the change will drastically increase the west movement of civilization and therefore give not much time to connect villages. But lets see...

By the way, Jason fixed also a bugg with the hungry emotion and breastfeeding a child with hair and added to make a cistern claimable like a well as homeland when you get water. How this practically functions with the homelands, no idea, lets see...

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-30 22:07:27)

#5 2020-05-30 22:34:22

miskas

I feel like the quality of life in ohol goes up with every new update now.
Might someday see Mutton, pork, and Rabbits stack as well?

Btw after nerfing all the pen meat, there is room for Beef now to takes his place in-game.
Is it beef's time next week or do we have to post a cows clutter pens issue again tongue

Last edited by miskas (2020-05-30 22:35:11)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#6 2020-05-30 23:03:36

Arcurus

miskas wrote:

I feel like the quality of life in ohol goes up with every new update now.
Might someday see Mutton, pork, and Rabbits stack as well?

Btw after nerfing all the pen meat, there is room for Beef now to takes his place in-game.
Is it beef's time next week or do we have to post a cows clutter pens issue again tongue

oh no,  just puit the Mutton stuff in a box an fine... who on earth piles pork or dead rabbits on the ground except.....

At least now i now how to tank the gene score, just play after a update,  lost 5 gene score, since nearly non of the kids know how to survive in the wilderness....

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-30 23:05:16)

#7 2020-05-30 23:53:45

miskas

Nah I don't care for gene score, game is fun when all families are on eve camps, the game feels like a speed run tongue
It is fun the first 3-4 lives though cause then you run out of tool slot to speed hmm

Last edited by miskas (2020-05-31 01:38:16)

Food value stats

#8 2020-05-31 01:07:45

WoodSpoon
Banned

Waiting the inevitable spoonwood comment.

#9 2020-05-31 01:25:22

Elsayal

WoodSpoon wrote:

lol. nice nick bro.

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

#10 2020-05-31 01:48:21

bpskotch

jasonrohrer wrote:

To prevent an overload of hungry and dead animal babies, domestic pigs and sheep now wait until you feed them before they have babies, so you can control the population yourself.

I'd like some clarification on this...does this mean that mutton and wool effectively had their cost doubled? (feed adult, then feed baby)

#11 2020-05-31 01:59:30

Legs

Thank you for finally, FINALLY fixing curses.

Loco Motion

#12 2020-05-31 02:08:08

miskas

bpskotch wrote:

I'd like some clarification on this...does this mean that mutton and wool effectively had their cost doubled? (feed adult, then feed baby)

yes Food value stats

Last edited by miskas (2020-05-31 02:09:18)

Food value stats

#13 2020-05-31 07:20:18

Arcurus

WoodSpoon wrote:

lol yea, something is missing....

miskas wrote:

Nah I don't care for gene score, game is fun when all families are on eve camps, the game feels like a speed run tongue
It is fun the first 3-4 lives though cause then you run out of tool slot to speed hmm

yea Evecamps are fun, its worth to loose the score for it. Just little sad, that creating an artificial Eve camp is quite impossible with the current iron and food.

#14 2020-05-31 17:21:00

Blue tinker

Another great update. It doesn't add much content but it is all simple yet very effective and intuitive changes (you can store cow food in buckets so why not sheep food too? The sheep food bucket is definitely my favorite addition).

New to the forum but not the game. Property fence enthusiast.

Board footer