One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-22 00:12:03

Crumpaloo

Yikes.

uNLnroJ.png

That is all

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#2 2020-05-22 00:24:30

DestinyCall

Re: Yikes.

I'm sure it will be fine.

*goes back to playing 2HOL*

#3 2020-05-22 01:51:54

Gomez

Wasn't that around the time it released on steam?  I remember the player influx being quite painful and was referred to as the babypocalypse?  Jason actually altered the game to accommodate the influx of players.   IDK, I don't miss the legions of new players tbh.

Last edited by Gomez (2020-05-22 01:55:25)

#4 2020-05-22 02:11:24

DestinyCall

We experienced a similar baby explosion during the steam sale in November (where the graph turns green briefly).   Fortunately, those people left much faster, so it was less disruptive to the established players.   

God, can you even imagine how horrible it would be if this game ever got really popular?        There are four thousand people playing the survival game Raft right now.   We are averaging forty.  Think of all the dead babies if even half those gamers joined OHOL in mass.   Oh the huge manatee!

It would be the end times.

#5 2020-05-22 02:57:45

Coconut Fruit

Hopefully we will never go below 40 players on average, I like this game...

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#6 2020-05-22 03:25:36

tocal

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Hopefully we will never go below 40 players on average, I like this game...

If it ever truly dies, I'm sure the community here could fork the code like they did with 2HOL and create the game as we think it should be. Maybe I'd pick up cpp for this purpose. lol. We would become the new 'Jason' and sell our version on steam.

#7 2020-05-22 04:43:32

DestinyCall

Considering the average player count has been falling by roughly 5 players per month on average since November of 2018, it should only be another month or two before we see player counts under forty.   

But who knows?   The future is uncertain.   We could gain players next month.

#8 2020-05-22 06:28:36

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Yeah the game feels horrible to play right now. The mechanics are all complicated dogshit.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#9 2020-05-22 08:37:17

miskas

Don't know how vanilla game feels right now but Hetow Ohol Is at it best state right now

I really think the searching and navigation of vanilla, the need for yum memory, the difficulty to spot others' names, and finally unable to have a broader view of the city are drawing the experience of this game down.

For me it is wrong to categorize OHOL with other crafting or survival games.
-Think of don't starve but whenever you log in you spawn in a random place with a different random character.
-Think of rust but whenever you log in your base is gone and you might spawn naked or part of the biggest clan out there having all the loot of the word.

These games would be much different with the main premise of OHOL, you only live once and to play again you have to start a NEW life.
Even Eco that is a CO-op, survival, and finite resources game, Is not like OHOL cause of this premise.
People may just don't like this premise in the end. (many /die already cause they don't like this premise, in reality, they want to play a different game.)

I myself wanted to play a different game, to be honest, a game of family domination, that you pick a family and stick with it to survive the longest of all other families. But Ohol on what Jason created for is not at all this kind of a game.
What about you, what kind of a game you wanted to play that doesn't fits in the main premise of Ohol?

Last edited by miskas (2020-05-22 08:59:35)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#10 2020-05-22 09:13:13

Jamie

Thought this was a spoonwood thread

#11 2020-05-22 14:11:19

karltown_veteran

I haven't played in ages. Waiting on an update that I genuinely like.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#12 2020-05-22 15:41:45

Coconut Fruit

You should try it karltown, I really think this game is better than ever before. Of course for mod users, I don't know if it's that enjoyable for vanilla users.
I mean, except the griefing part, Bobo is effectively ruining this game.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#13 2020-05-22 15:50:36

Crumpaloo

Coconut Fruit wrote:

You should try it karltown, I really think this game is better than ever before. Of course for mod users, I don't know if it's that enjoyable for vanilla users.

Yup, and kudos to Jason for saying he wont stop it LOL.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#14 2020-05-22 16:44:56

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

I think karltown_veteran has enjoyed roleplaying and doing things like making her own fashion choices.  The game isn't better for roleplaying, since it requires more eating and preparing food than before.  Also, wearing clothing for the sake of fashion isn't as practicable as before.  I think she can inform you more of what she likes if she cares to do so.

It's always good to consider your audience's point of view before you say that your audience will enjoy something.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#15 2020-05-23 17:36:29

testo

For me the worst part is the community tbh. Mechanics are complicated and convoluted and I don´t see a decent way to learn from scratch even in low pop servers.

That means everytime a new player gets cursed for burning a few rabbits we lose a potential interested member (I saw it today). Not even griefers hurt as much as people that bitch for chopping branches, eating too much or scare away other for not knowing how to use a klin or forge.

Unfortunately our "pros" are most of the time worried about some petty shovel use, someone trying to make a "house" with property fences or a few resources. Shoutout to the asshat that the other day harrased me, stole my horse, cursed me and exiled me for taking two rubber tires while I was runninng trying to get oil and more rubber for the newcomen. When I came back with oil and 6 rubber tires her first line was: she must have stolen it from the gingers. Thats how we roll in this game, because you know, our "pros" are entitled to the ass and always start with "no", "dont", "stop" or "what are you doing with x, explain to me"

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#16 2020-05-25 19:25:56

Spoonwood

It makes sense that so much red is up there, because the game is advertised one way, but is in reality another way.  Also, the development cycle is advertised one way, but in reality another.  And finally, since the development team is a single person and that person says they want certain things, but in reality pursues other things, it makes sense that there's so much red there.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#17 2020-05-25 21:30:07

BlueCramberry64

testo wrote:

Thats how we roll in this game, because you know, our "pros" are entitled to the ass and always start with "no", "dont", "stop" or "what are you doing with x, explain to me"

It is always the ones bragging about making a couple of engines or a plane or radio. Such a shame.

Board footer