One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-21 08:58:13

Tronilla

i am lost dont know what to do anymore

Hey i am so lost in 1 hour 1 life i don't know what to do now i have 200 hours in one hour one life. Each update after the apocalypse i feel more and more lost what to do.most of the time its just the same spawn no city and in the wild on eve or a baby from eve. i find the game to be boring to play and its just pushing me more and more away from it.

Carrot farm
we use all the ressourcer to try getting a carrot farm up and running but you use 110% of all the food on making more food. now we only get 1 seed out of wild carrot so we have to make the seeds from the farm. and compost is a big problem it was a big job to do back before compost got nerf and now its so hard to just get compost running.

Berry farm
i try the old berry farm to see if u can get food for a city to just survival. We had problems getting the food up can if just 1 berry tree die we lose 1 compost and its a big deal when it hard to make compost after the we have used all of the compost up.

Pie
we stop making pies long ago we do not have the food to feed the players and if u want to make a farm it will fail. we can use the wild wheat to make the pie but its hard to keep up the demand to make them.

and now we come to this update now all is destroyed so we can't have nice things like basket and demand on basket is high and will be hard to only have 1 or 2 of them around to use

My english is not that good so be nice about it

_Tronilla_

#2 2018-04-21 09:16:23

Aurora Aurora

Re: i am lost dont know what to do anymore

I felt the same, but then I started roleplaying and now that's what im famous for.

But yeah I totally feel you

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#3 2018-04-21 09:33:39

Lavea

Big productive farms never seem to support more than about 4 people. The food always goes out of balance and massive starvation follows. The only succesful farm I've seen with no probs so far was me, a son, and my mum alone, farming into our twighlight years to die out by old age.

#4 2018-04-21 09:34:31

TrustyWay

What bothers me the most is that we wont stop having updates making legacy more and more a joke.

Eves spawns and bell rings dont make it easier to creat neighboors. If you have neighboors, they are too near and go into your villages or they are too far away so we never do anything together, as we used to before the apocalypse, this had so much potential. Names were more important. Now it's just a tool to spot griefers, it doesn't make people understand if you're from poor or rich family.

I am waiting to see where the futur updates lead us even if I am very nostalgic of the possiblites we used to had.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-21 09:36:23)

#5 2018-04-21 09:37:02

Tronilla

Aurora Aurora wrote:

I felt the same, but then I started roleplaying and now that's what im famous for.

But yeah I totally feel you

ye i think i was one of your kids but we had a short life before we all die from hunger

#6 2018-04-21 09:41:22

sammoh

Many of your gripes with the game are addressed on custom servers. I make it a point to roll back or alter updates which make farming more tedious or punishing, and our server has 5 towns you can travel to by road.

Two Hours, One Life - a curated OHOL server with heavy modifications.

Discord:     https://discord.gg/atEgxm7
Address:          https://github.com/frankvalentine/clients

#7 2018-04-21 10:29:18

Potjeh

Dough makes four pies now, so bringing a cart of wheat gets you 16 pies. You can feed like four clothed people their whole life with a single wild wheat trip.

#8 2018-04-21 13:54:16

afloatingstone

I know what you mean - when food production was more reliable there was more freedom to take a profession like building or smithing, and more time to experiment and learn. Lately it feels like I am stuck helping the farm every life or gathering wild food when it inevitably collapses. Every aspect of farming has become more difficult and time consuming and it is taking away people's opportunity to do other things. I know you can live off the land, but what is the point? - without agriculture there is no civilization.

#9 2018-04-21 14:18:29

Finrael

With these updates game gets harder. Or lets say, more grinding, less fun. In my opinion it really narrows down amount of people that might like or buy this game and it will lead to slow game death. Why? Because there are two types of player. Hardcores, that will play, achieve things, build cities, while  connecting in small clicks on discord... And then there are casual player, that comes, learn basic stuff but doesn't get deep in the game. For casual, survival is the big thing in the game and when its get harder and harder, you have to keep grinding farming, making soil and now replace broken stuff, it's just gets really Annoying.
I understand that jason got its vision for game, great job for making advanced stuff for hardcore players, but too bad he wants to over-complicate it for Casual player to, it may lead to game dieing out.

#10 2018-04-21 15:13:56

Tronilla

Finrael wrote:

With these updates game gets harder. Or lets say, more grinding, less fun. In my opinion it really narrows down amount of people that might like or buy this game and it will lead to slow game death. Why? Because there are two types of player. Hardcores, that will play, achieve things, build cities, while  connecting in small clicks on discord... And then there are casual player, that comes, learn basic stuff but doesn't get deep in the game. For casual, survival is the big thing in the game and when its get harder and harder, you have to keep grinding farming, making soil and now replace broken stuff, it's just gets really Annoying.
I understand that jason got its vision for game, great job for making advanced stuff for hardcore players, but too bad he wants to over-complicate it for Casual player to, it may lead to game dieing out.

ye im one of the hardcore player and i know how to play but i find it to hard to just farm and if one player die or stop helping it will go down hill fast. and this is not a good way of imitate real life. but ye i find it way to hard to just play and i see no point in playing when all he want is to destroy all we build all tools we use all the time we use. most games that is made now dont have that spark it use to. when the gameplay is bad and the game get to boring or the game lack progression then why playing.

Last edited by Tronilla (2018-04-21 15:17:50)

Board footer