One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-15 21:26:02

miskas

Jason just gave us the biggest tool to protect from bobo.

Leadership inherited by fittest follower.
https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/ … 11c5e419ad

The way to use it is the simplest way of all , Just Never Chose an heir!
That's it! let the Gene score pick the candidate for you.

bobo will ether buy accounts or will have to learn to farm some Gene score. 
I am rank 8th in case any griefer is interested btw tongue

Last edited by miskas (2020-05-15 21:28:19)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#2 2020-05-15 21:32:14

StrongForce

Re: Jason just gave us the biggest tool to protect from bobo.

Nice.
Now no noobs get to be leader by accident and give the lead to a griefer.

Baby dance!!

#3 2020-05-15 22:23:37

Coconut Fruit

I'm 9 place with 48.8 gene score. Had 52.25 game before, but this one life was unlucky I guess.
I never care about my relatives, I don't care if they afk, sometimes I even let my kids die if I'm too lazy to bring them home when I'm outside. I just always live to old age and work to leave my town a better place than before I was born.

Yeah, this may slow down Bobo maybe, but I will be surprised if he won't be able to kill a family for a whole week. Hopefully he won't be able tho tongue

Last edited by Coconut Fruit (2020-05-15 22:24:06)

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#4 2020-05-15 22:25:39

Arcurus

lol, at least Bobos minions would need to do something good and take care of their fellow citizens to advance in the gene score smile

Yea i guess the best thing would be to forbid top leaders to follow some one else... maybe so or so they wont hopefully do.

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-15 22:29:29)

#5 2020-05-15 22:28:59

Coconut Fruit

Tho I'm excited that most of the time I will be the leader tongue
Just imagine being a king at 3 years old, this will probably happen from time to time.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#6 2020-05-15 23:35:30

fug

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Tho I'm excited that most of the time I will be the leader tongue
Just imagine being a king at 3 years old, this will probably happen from time to time.

I'm sure it'll be fun unable to make any orders for 20+ minutes. Of course this also can't be changed without client work (aka won't be done.)

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#7 2020-05-16 16:48:17

Arcurus

are now all here busy being leaders or why is it suddenly so silent?

#8 2020-05-16 17:37:28

voy178

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG8NzR51rHk

Yeah that did nothing to stop Bobo, and it never will unless people stop being royally gullible.

Last edited by voy178 (2020-05-16 17:37:55)

#9 2020-05-16 17:47:31

Spoonwood

voy178 wrote:

Yeah that did nothing to stop Bobo, and it never will unless people stop being royally gullible.

Can you confirm that such was since the latest update?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#10 2020-05-16 18:44:30

Arcurus

voy178 wrote:

lol, first play after the update got at once king with 3 years, gave the crown to one who made hard work.

Sadly shortly before i died, there was a child which ask people to follow him, wanted to warn people with the order tool, but just died of old age, think it was an evil child....

#11 2020-05-16 18:44:32

voy178

Spoonwood wrote:

I can confirm that he was given the leadership position by asking for it.

#12 2020-05-16 18:50:56

Spoonwood

voy178 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Well, that doesn't imply that it happened since the last update, which for the record was this past Friday.

Danish Clinch.

#13 2020-05-16 18:52:42

voy178

Spoonwood wrote:
voy178 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Well, that doesn't imply that it happened since the last update, which for the record was this past Friday.

My point is that it doesn't matter what Jason does unless people stop giving Bobo the leader title just for asking nicely. It was uploaded a few hours ago, I know just about as much as you do if this was pre-update or not, but the outcome would be the same.

#14 2020-05-16 18:55:53

Spoonwood

voy178 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
voy178 wrote:

My point is that it doesn't matter what Jason does unless people stop giving Bobo the leader title just for asking nicely. It was uploaded a few hours ago, I know just about as much as you do if this was pre-update or not, but the outcome would be the same.

You are correct.

Danish Clinch.

#15 2020-05-16 19:13:55

Crumpaloo

Spoonwood wrote:
voy178 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

You are correct.

That was before the genetic fitness update, but Bobo also raided right after the update went live.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#16 2020-05-16 19:16:02

Arcurus

voy178 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
voy178 wrote:

at least the genetic score would go down from the one how made him king...

Yea if you become king, use it to teach the people about leadership and following.

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-16 19:16:33)

#17 2020-05-17 01:29:42

Bobo Bill

Just to clear things up that vid is from before the update but I did gain leadership and raided the Slinkman family after the update on Friday night. Video coming soon.

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

― Genghis Khan

#18 2020-05-17 01:58:14

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Just to be clear, he decided to raid "my" family after I made fun of him on the discord.

Nothing proves that I got to you more than that kiddo. I wasn't the Eve of that family either so you failed in that aspect. Check the hash. Get fucked kid <3

I hope your parents will start giving you attention someday so you can stop making your problems all of ours.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#19 2020-05-17 03:19:18

minth

Since Jason doesn't play his own game.
I think bobo is doing the right thing to show Jason how bad the game ATM. Number of players playing this game is half compare to last year.
Jason is too determine about his vision of his "fun" and "challenge". Each update brings more problems than it solve.
Someone should wake him up from his illusion.

#20 2020-05-17 04:15:54

fug

minth wrote:

Since Jason doesn't play his own game.
I think bobo is doing the right thing to show Jason how bad the game ATM. Number of players playing this game is half compare to last year.
Jason is too determine about his vision of his "fun" and "challenge". Each update brings more problems than it solve.
Someone should wake him up from his illusion.

This is like praising Hitler for killing Hitler.

Bobo is the problem and is just using whatever excuse he can as a means to pass the blame onto Jason. I mean fuck, did literally anything come of the Toxic situation with him phishing in the discord because another ban?

Easiest solution is just banning players like bobo to a curse server. Obviously we're not going to do this because it's better to allow bobo to run amok so Jason can keep wasting update weeks on balancing it around three asshats instead of advancing anything. I swore last month we'd be done with the github list and now it looks like we won't be done until August.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#21 2020-05-17 04:23:08

Bobo Bill

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Just to be clear, he decided to raid "my" family after I made fun of him on the discord.

Nothing proves that I got to you more than that kiddo. I wasn't the Eve of that family either so you failed in that aspect. Check the hash. Get fucked kid <3

I hope your parents will start giving you attention someday so you can stop making your problems all of ours.

I raided the Slinkman Family before you talked to me on discord. I never said that the Slinkman Family was your family and I never said you were the eve. (The raid had nothing to do with you, you are just trying to make it so)

What I'm trying to say is that you are talking that bullshit.

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

― Genghis Khan

#22 2020-05-17 04:48:28

fug

Bobo Bill wrote:
DiscardedSlinky wrote:

I raided the Slinkman Family before you talked to me on discord. I never said that the Slinkman Family was your family and I never said you were the eve. (The raid had nothing to do with you, you are just trying to make it so)

What I'm trying to say is that you are talking that bullshit.

Lmao, look at bobo getting triggered he got bullied for being a shitter.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#23 2020-05-17 05:12:53

minth

fug wrote:

This is like praising Hitler for killing Hitler.

Bobo is the problem and is just using whatever excuse he can as a means to pass the blame onto Jason. I mean fuck, did literally anything come of the Toxic situation with him phishing in the discord because another ban?

Easiest solution is just banning players like bobo to a curse server. Obviously we're not going to do this because it's better to allow bobo to run amok so Jason can keep wasting update weeks on balancing it around three asshats instead of advancing anything. I swore last month we'd be done with the github list and now it looks like we won't be done until August.

Bobo is not the problem. There are always grifer in the game. Can you ban them all? Ban them is not a solution. Even Jason know that. Don't Starve has troll, grief too but very few. They don't do griefing because it is boring than playing as usual.
The problem is the game itself which is handled by Jason. Nerf iron lead to you have use engine to mine iron, lead to engine can be moved and scrap. Buff bears lead to new way to grief...
All these update cause more problems than it solves. Don't even mention race restrictions, tool slot, all that crab.

Board footer