One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-14 07:05:51

grimmreefer

Sad but meaningful life. User Story

I was born in the wilderness quite far from town. My mother was on a search for iron with a horse cart, steel pick axe and one rabbit pie. She said she'd been out for awhile but i gestured to keep searching. Only a short while later we came across some iron! She was grateful to find ore and said "We did it! Teamwork!" She gathered what she could carry on the cart. Through the search she ate the whole pie and I'd been feeding from her, using her food.

We began a travel back to town where apparently she was sent from when she was young, to find iron so the village could start smithing. She knew what was coming and i didn't notice at first. She began to swap her clothes to me and give me directions to get home. She was searching for food while she told me that I must get the iron back. They need it. I was 12 by this time, i said okay and i searched quick as i could for food. When i finally got some burdock for her, i came back to her corpse.

It laid next to the horse cart full of iron. I remembered she told me to get the iron back. I was told southeast. so i gathered a bit of food for the journey and headed off. I wandered southeast for a long time, I began to see farms in a village that had crops freshly planted but no-one around. As i came into the central part of the village. I found my great grandfather, he was bleeding. He told me they were just attacked. Since he was closely related i figured this was the village my mother came from. I asked of the smithing. He said he'd only just returned to people attacking and hadn't seen the smith.

I went a bit further past the center of the village and found a forge and the beginnings of smithing tools. No-one around. I was male and had no children. No close relatives in sight. Great grandfather passed by the time i came to see him again. My mother had spent her life trying to retrieve this iron, and half mine to return it, only to see our home abandoned.

When i thought it was all lost, I had begun trying to keep food coming, rebuilding and keeping up the farm. One day a distant cousin appeared. She knew how to smith too! Whilst i got older, she made some steel tools, allowing us to progress. She had multiple children. The family carried on. The iron was not wasted. My mother leaving may have kept the family alive, the cousin returning may not have lived if i didn't gather food. I wouldn't have lived if my mother didn't give her life.

Thanks for reading this. Definitely not the sharing type but, I enjoyed this life very much.

#2 2020-05-14 07:26:01

tocal

Re: Sad but meaningful life. User Story

smile

#3 2020-05-14 11:34:30

miskas

Re: Sad but meaningful life. User Story

Someone has to make a storytelling animation video of this story, Very nice sequence of events.

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

Board footer