One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-13 20:53:05

tocal

Lord Family Griefed

Lineage depth will probably end at 73. It was a great town with lots of yum, but two griefers killed everyone. we couldn't kill them because they had control of leadership hierarchy.

#2 2020-05-13 21:36:23

Spoonwood

Re: Lord Family Griefed

Sounds like you didn't have the tools to handle such people.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2020-05-13 22:44:38

JackTreehorn

I think rebellions should be protected by their members while they are building their numbers. So if a team of three griefers get leadership and start exiling and killing you can protect the town. 
All you would need to do is get four people to join you in a separate hierarchy and they cannot kill you. (Because they would need a posse of four to kill one of your four members.)
Super-majority posses could still be in place. It only stops exiling and solo-kill.

If its only a tyrant king exiling you for something stupid. Just convince one other person to join you in a separate hierarchy and the king would need to posse with a guard to kill you or your friend.

(-Posse size equal or larger than the targets number of allies for killing minority hierarchies within own family.)

It would be easier to recruit people to the rebellion by saying "You will be safe if you join us, We will protect you from the king."

Last edited by JackTreehorn (2020-05-13 22:55:26)

Eve Audette

#4 2020-05-13 22:48:41

Cantface

It's not that complicated they said, we'll learn to get used to it they said. Yet ppl are still struggling with it. How much time will it take for the good players to fight back properly I wonder? If at all? Hmm.

Breasticles

#5 2020-05-13 23:01:29

DestinyCall

OHOL is becoming so Game of Thrones.

#6 2020-05-13 23:04:38

fug

Be happy that Jason has blessed you with drama or else you wouldn't be having fun. Griefing is important to make sure you're having a fun time.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#7 2020-05-13 23:18:47

antking:]#

DestinyCall wrote:

OHOL is becoming so Game of Thrones.

Game of Fences

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#8 2020-05-13 23:19:37

Lockdown
Banned

Omg the same thing happened to our town yesterday they two people got leadership and griefed berg town and gay town !!! Why aren't people cursing them !!!!

#9 2020-05-14 00:31:17

Gomez

edit  MY POST BELOW URGENT!

Thanks for the report Tocal, as you can this is an arms race.  We're often caught flatfooted against a "corrupt posse'" aka Bobo & company.  Some things I think that would help.

1. stock plenty of meds and red cross aprons, train first aid as needed. Multiple bowls of first aid and abundant needles with thread around town.

2. Consistent place to meet in crisis, dining room?  Somewhere with food, preferably outside otherwise can be locked in.

3.Talk to leadership before problems good relations.  Find leadership introduce stuff claim a trade get appointment from leadership, first Lieutenants established high skilled trades, heads of trade (e.g., Lead Chef, Head Smith), and basic appointments, aka farmers, low skilled trades.

4. More time parenting? Appoint Den mother?

5. More education e.g. first aid, forming posse, citizen actions (opposing and voting in new leaders, helping good leaders, holding trials, appealing justice actions),

I think 1-3 are pretty reasonable, 4 and 5 are debatable and are extra credit things one could do.  I'm open for discussion on these matters, just my two cents.  I have a lot to learn on leadership stuff too so if anyone wants to weigh in with pointers on that go ahead.  Honestly 3 is straight from Miskas' other thread.

Lastly I know it's hard to keep this stuff in as food pressure mounts but it becomes all the more important as the town becomes more strained they easier it becomes to ruin it by evil action and kill the lineage.

Last edited by Gomez (2020-05-14 02:10:29)

#10 2020-05-14 00:46:27

JackTreehorn

Gomez wrote:

I agree with all the points. One thing that may help is finding heirs early and the younger the better.
A heir should be someone proven to be skilled, young and is a hard worker. (i.e The people who get oil/kerosene.)

If we elect young leaders it will stop griefers waiting til old age to get elected then giving the leadership to their griefer buddy.

It's a tricky thing to do but it may bypass a griefer who would have eventually have gained power.

Eve Audette

#11 2020-05-14 00:50:39

Gomez

JackTreehorn wrote:
Gomez wrote:

I agree with all the points. One thing that may help is finding heirs early and the younger the better.
A heir should be someone proven to be skilled, young and is a hard worker. (i.e The people who get oil/kerosene.)

If we elect young leaders it will stop griefers waiting til old age to get elected then giving the leadership to their griefer buddy.

It's a tricky thing to do but it may bypass a griefer who would have eventually have gained power.

Nailed it, second that.  People who do valuable work should be promoted, skilled trades and proven producers for town.  Great point.

Last edited by Gomez (2020-05-14 00:51:59)

#12 2020-05-14 00:59:30

Spoonwood

Cantface wrote:

It's not that complicated they said, we'll learn to get used to it they said. Yet ppl are still struggling with it. How much time will it take for the good players to fight back properly I wonder? If at all? Hmm.

*laughs* What the hell is the player supposed to do when he or she is 1 or 2 and sees shit like this going down?  Heck, even 4 or 6 before one can pick up a weapon or effectively curse someone (which of course isn't enough and doesn't do anything in the present)?

Danish Clinch.

#13 2020-05-14 01:20:23

karltown_veteran

Why tf are there three threads abou griefing in the past week? Has it really gotten words since the last update?

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#14 2020-05-14 01:27:00

JackTreehorn

karltown_veteran wrote:

Why tf are there three threads abou griefing in the past week? Has it really gotten words since the last update?

It doesn't happen too often but when it does it is incredibly frustrating and often leads to the death of the entire town/family.
Little can be done to stop it other than run away and wait it out or forming a new hierarchy which people refuse to do. (which adds to my frustration.)

Eve Audette

#15 2020-05-14 01:48:39

sigmen4020

Glad to see the game is finally in a solid spot after all the magnificent changes our appraised Lord Jason has bestowed upon us.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#16 2020-05-14 02:07:15

Gomez

UNFOLLOW THE BARONY!  iT IS CORRUPT!  Is that correct action?

ok, so grief is coming from Barony,  Baron Asser killed me, they are passing leadership.  We have to unfollow the barony "unfollow asser?" missing last name.  I was Redding Dragon. My understanding is town have to unfollow the barony to destablize the auto follow feature as they have siezed power over towns from above. Correct? Need help.

First Baroness accuse my mother of being a thief...she raised me my entire life I saw no crime.  She ran off on horse passed lead to asser he became Baron and I had minor beef with someone over trivial issue they apologized thwn Asser exiled and killed.  I tried to save but meds not handy.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6219717

Last edited by Gomez (2020-05-14 02:09:58)

#17 2020-05-14 02:16:09

Spoonwood

sigmen4020 wrote:

Glad to see the game is finally in a solid spot after all the magnificent changes our appraised Lord Jason has bestowed upon us.

*laughs* yeah.  As you figured out I haven't played on bs2 since January 31st, and that started after I realized that the character restrictions just make for too much nonsense for no good reason to deal with.

I talked to Tarr on discord and said he hadn't played in three weeks... since the server reset when he played as Eve and said that he either plays full freedom or not at all.

Assholes being destructive on top of that (and more, of course) and it's rather poor.

Lowpop land is worse now overall, since the iron changes make for a less interesting system than the old one, and hungry work for iron just plain sucks.  Though, there are more stacks now, so I guess someone could disagree on that.

Danish Clinch.

#18 2020-05-14 02:55:27

JackTreehorn

Gomez wrote:

UNFOLLOW THE BARONY!  iT IS CORRUPT!  Is that correct action?

The correct action would be to say "I follow myself" then get people to follow you instead of them. Once you have more people than they do you can exile and kill the troublemakers.

Eve Audette

#19 2020-05-14 03:02:25

sigmen4020

Spoonwood wrote:

Lowpop land is worse now overall, since the iron changes make for a less interesting system than the old one, and hungry work for iron just plain sucks.  Though, there are more stacks now, so I guess someone could disagree on that.

Lowpop land has been pretty bad for a while now, since towns are very easily griefed using ancient walls.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-05-14 03:02:39)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#20 2020-05-14 03:54:28

mangoma

oh no my mango trees!

#21 2020-05-14 11:18:12

StrongForce

Easy fix have two leaders. If both leaders agree on a griefer he is solo killable. If only one exiles him you Form a pose.

It is way harder to infiltrate a town with to leaders compared to obe with only one.

DO NOT GIVE LEAD TO PLAYERS WHO ASK YOU!!

Baby dance!!

#22 2020-05-14 18:34:03

Bobo Bill

I don't want to leave you guys confused about what happened to lord town so here. You're Welcome.

https://youtu.be/tksmE9HLfrU

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

― Genghis Khan

#23 2020-05-14 20:25:58

Spoonwood

Bobo Bill wrote:

I don't want to leave you guys confused about what happened to lord town so here. You're Welcome.

https://youtu.be/tksmE9HLfrU

There are no marriages in OHOL.  Heck, there isn't even pair-bonding in any sense of the word (marriage is a contract which involves the state).

That was just a bloody massacre.

Danish Clinch.

#24 2020-05-14 20:27:13

Brans

This just doesn't work. Most people (especially the new ones, but even some vets) don't pay attention to the hierarchy thing. It's confusing for new players, and I'm just too busy doing something to keep the town alive to roleplay kings and queens. I've actually been the leader before and didn't even realize it. Griefers are killing indiscriminately in towns like the old days... EXCEPT, now, no one can fight back.

People don't know how to unfollow, or are too young, or are trying to mind their own business and stay out of the "drama." So, now it takes just two people to wall off wells and oil and kill everyone. I tried to warn the Berg family, but I was exiled and an order went out to kill me for griefing. I cursed the queen and fled to the Gay family and warned them, but apparently, the same thing happened there. The griefers grow up within the family, so it's hard to rally a rebellion against them, especially when it takes 3 secs for them to kill you.

#25 2020-05-14 21:30:11

Crumpaloo

Organized Minority > Oblivious Majority

Thats basically the current killing system.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

Board footer