One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-01 16:55:53

ahead

Confusion

I've seen many people confused about certain game mechanics, i am one of them.
The confusion i'm talking about here is:
Do secondary wells reveal iron ore spots?
I'm asking this only because you can't really check it without doing it yourself.
Going out there and just building a well in the middle of nowhere isn't really fun, or something that you will do on regular occasion.
And OneTech doesn't really tell you this either.
I mean it makes sense, right, a secondary well will do stuff the normal one does, right?
On the opposite i haven't seen any families move after their first well being set up, so maybe this is why, and everyone knows this but i don't...
Just please tell me.

Sorry, nothing

#2 2020-05-01 17:20:50

DestinyCall

Re: Confusion

I have no idea how iron works anymore.     I'm guessing it must work the same way as oil - Magic fairies bring it to your village at night while everyone is sleeping, but only if they have been good boys and girls.   

At least, that's what my mom told me when I asked her where
the oil came from.

#3 2020-05-01 17:21:39

ahead

Gee, thanks.

Sorry, nothing

#4 2020-05-01 17:39:35

fug

You have no well and make a primary well. Go to next step.

Is there iron veins revealed by making the well? Yes? Then no more wells will reveal iron.

No? Then making a secondary well will produce iron if there's iron on that leyline.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2020-05-01 18:47:19

antking:]#

DestinyCall wrote:

I have no idea how iron works anymore.     I'm guessing it must work the same way as oil - Magic fairies bring it to your village at night while everyone is sleeping, but only if they have been good boys and girls.   

the oil came from.

Oh are they the same fairies that suck out all the water form the ground if you build a well?

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#6 2020-05-01 19:20:09

DestinyCall

Wells are more of a pixie thing, actually.    That's why nearby well sites go dry when you finish constructing a new well (pixie house).   

Pixies are VERY territorial.

#7 2020-05-01 19:49:42

Dodge

It's very unintuitive...

Seems to be jason's trademark to make complicated mechanics that end up being flawed and mostly mediocre instead of having something simple, comprehensive and actually working.

He probably does this to save time but eventually ends up sinking more into it trying to make it work and fix the different issues.

A construction is only as good as it's foundations.

#8 2020-05-01 20:35:04

Arcurus

DestinyCall wrote:

the oil came from.

your mom told you a ferytale.

Once in 10 years when the red planet comes close and the darkest night comes over the world, then new iron will come through magic out of the ground near deep water wells, but only... only if...

Sorry, did not look into the magic code yet...

#9 2020-05-01 21:34:21

The_Anabaptist

No, No, I'm pretty sure the only way to acquire iron is to stab somebody, collect the buckets of blood, pour it into ingot shaped molds and then put them into the furnace until all the impurities of the blood boil away.  And it also helps if they were carrying a basket or backpack full of iron when you stabbed them.

The_Anabaptist

#10 2020-05-01 23:51:50

DestinyCall

The_Anabaptist wrote:

And it also helps if they were carrying a basket or backpack full of iron when you stabbed them.

How ironic.

#11 2020-05-02 08:39:33

Arcurus

The_Anabaptist wrote:

No, No, I'm pretty sure the only way to acquire iron is to stab somebody, collect the buckets of blood, pour it into ingot shaped molds and then put them into the furnace until all the impurities of the blood boil away.  And it also helps if they were carrying a basket or backpack full of iron when you stabbed them.

The_Anabaptist

i guess that with the blood will work, since blood is red and Mars is also red and even small children know that iron comes from Mars and silver from the moon (where is the silver???), so blood must have lot of iron inside, but with the iron in the backpack and basked, that fore sure will not work, since the iron is not in the body and therefore in contact with the air and therefore will be oxidized....

to try to do at least something positive and not fully write nonsense i tried here (see link below) to outline the current problem with the family based iron. The description of the problem may not be the best yet, or even good at all, but its a start, so others are very much encouraged to improve the problem description:

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9639

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-02 08:41:59)

Board footer