One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-19 20:44:26

Aurora Aurora

To all my babs and grandmother; I'm sorry I was a terrible person

This needs a story I suppose;

I was born into a big village with plenty of food, people and lots of things to do and see. My mother ran away from me just as I was born, she clearly didn't want me. I thought it was going to be the end of me until my kind grandmother stepped in and fed me carrots. I of course felt unwanted but my grandmother loved me dearly and told me how beautiful and special I was and how I'd do great things. Soon it was her time to go and she gave me her things and said "You are going to be the best person in this entire village" "Be the best you, you can be" Then she was gone, I was all alone again. But then my cousin arrived and we started farming together. He was much older than I was but he was a nice man.  When I was around 7 he informed me that I was the last lady in the village and that i needed to have many children, I was delighted, I found the thing to be great at! Having beautiful babies!

Time came and went and on my 14th birthday I got my first little miracle Michael, he was such a sweet baby and he was very helpful and generous towards everyone. Then came my second, Angelo. Such a beautiful baby boy, he lived up to the expectations his older brother set well. Then came Michelangelo, such a cute lil bab, a mish mash of his brothers names and personalities, I loved him dearly. Then came Augus, he dissappeared, poor baby boy.  And so came my first baby girl, Miracle. She was truly a miracle that would of saved our village if I wasn't such a dumb negligant mother. She dissappeared at around ten.
Along came Peter, he was a quick learner and as soon as he was old enough he jumped out of my arms and started working, I was very proud. Then came my second daughter, Beautiful. She really was beatiful, pale skin and blonde hair, the perfect lil bab. And last but not least came Filip, I fed him for about 2 years before I became too old and fed him carrots. My cousin took him in as his farming deciple and he worked the farm well.

And I think that's all of them. I tried to teach them how to love themselves and others. I tried dressing them up in all the clothes I could find to keep them warm and cozy and I tried to tell them how much I loved them and how much they meant to me.
But clealry that wasn't enough. Half of them dissappeareed without a trace. It took me many years to realize this as I assumed they were out working in the forest or in the big desert catching rabbits.
But when I did a quick headcount I realized only Michael, Angelo, Filip, Micaelangelo and my cousins were left. I was horrified and quickly went into a panicked state. My babies were gone! And it was all my fault! I hadn't been a good enough mother or a granddaughter breaking my grandmothers promise! The panic turned into depression and I kept apologizing to everyone until there was nobody else to apologize to. There was nothing else to do but die.
I asked my sons to stab me with my knife. They all refused. I asked the lady wanderer the same question, she refused aswell. With nobody else to ask I opted for a starvation suicide but Michael kept feeding me, generous boy that he was.
And so I waited out my last years in a depressed state continously apologizing to people that werent alive to hear it. With my eldest feeding me like some sort of baby.
I died miserable. Not because of you my babs, you were the lights of my life and I dont know what I wouldve done without you.
I died miserable because of me, my failure to parent my children into independent young adults and my failure to keep the promise I had promised my grandmother.

I was a failure.

And I am sorry.

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-04-20 07:21:03)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#2 2018-04-19 20:52:21

Joseph Stalin

Re: To all my babs and grandmother; I'm sorry I was a terrible person

Don't beat yourself up about it, things just happen sometimes.
I forgive you.

#3 2018-04-19 20:58:24

AmyJ96

You sound like a terrible mother. You should feel ashamed.

#4 2018-04-19 21:37:15

LavishFox
Website

I was your cousin. Your grandmother instructed me to keep the village going. I quickly realized that there were no more females. Then I found you. I said that you were our last hope. Then I told you to survive and reproduce and it sounds to me that you did just that. Its a dangerous life. Look at what happened to me, I told you I would take care of food. Well I went looking for seeds and ended up getting eaten by a wolf just south of town. I meant to help you survive but fate stepped in.

Just because you survive longer than some of your children doesn’t make you a bad mother. It makes you a mother that tried her best. Its ok to mourn their loss but you are not at fault. The way I see it you did exactly what was asked of you and did a wonderful job. The village survived longer than you. Thats the best outcome I could have hoped for when I left you.

I am proud of you and I am sure your grandmother is as well.

#5 2018-04-19 22:42:57

JackStuds

Inspirational.

#6 2018-04-20 03:31:11

Baker

Sounds like you did alright, you kept all your kids, named them all and had both girls and boys. If anyone was a shitty mother it was yours, she abandoned you when you were the last girl. It's lucky your grandmother saved you because otherwise, your village would die.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#7 2018-04-20 09:29:17

Roolstar

OH WOW AURORA. It's me, your nameless cousin the farmer who took Filip in!

I saw you freaking out after losing your children. You kept apologizing frantically and you wouldn't listen to my cries of consolations.

Filip grew up to be a great farmer, I ended up giving him my blue clothes and my knife and he lived to be an old man taking care of the farm making sure everyone was fed. I was like a father to him and our goodbye was filled with tearful eyes and heartwarming words.

You were not a failure in our eyes, we loved you dearly and Filip did his best to make you proud. If only you could see what a smart young man he turned out to be. Without him the colony would've failed.

And you were a big part of that; you raised a great man.

Best of luck in your next life and may your journey take you to happy and flourishing places.

And Filip if you read this, I'm so proud of you my son. I couldn't have found a better successor.

Love and respect.

Last edited by Roolstar (2018-04-20 09:31:09)

God is still learning to use His powers; and just like with any other mortal, it's gonna require both mistakes and time.

Only to eventually discover He did not create the world he always wanted, but the world he was forced to create.

#8 2018-04-20 11:13:45

Aurora Aurora

Roolstar wrote:

OH WOW AURORA. It's me, your nameless cousin the farmer who took Filip in!

I saw you freaking out after losing your children. You kept apologizing frantically and you wouldn't listen to my cries of consolations.

Filip grew up to be a great farmer, I ended up giving him my blue clothes and my knife and he lived to be an old man taking care of the farm making sure everyone was fed. I was like a father to him and our goodbye was filled with tearful eyes and heartwarming words.

You were not a failure in our eyes, we loved you dearly and Filip did his best to make you proud. If only you could see what a smart young man he turned out to be. Without him the colony would've failed.

And you were a big part of that; you raised a great man.

Best of luck in your next life and may your journey take you to happy and flourishing places.

And Filip if you read this, I'm so proud of you my son. I couldn't have found a better successor.

Love and respect.

I'm very glad to hear that my bab did great things in life. I am proud.
Thank you for caring for him.
I am very grateful.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

Board footer