One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-28 10:20:46

Spoonwood

Longstanding Problem: No Bans for Serially Destructive Players

Bobo Bill recently released another video.  In this video, Bobo and his compatriot aren't using knives or bows and arrows to kill players.  Instead, they raise domestic boars which then bite people. 

The progression of Bobo's videos show exactly why the concept of just trying to progressively change the game to deal with destructive players doesn't work.  Instead of the destructive players stopping their behavior, they can and do become smarter over time, and find even more destructive ways to act destructively.  And they become smarter at doing destructive things.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2020-04-28 10:43:24

Elsayal

Re: Longstanding Problem: No Bans for Serially Destructive Players

Bobo add spices to the game smile

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#3 2020-04-28 11:00:46

Crumpaloo

So what do you suggest? Make every player invincible to death unless its of old age or starvation? In which case that only makes griefing unimpeded more then it already is with the now defunct posse system. Honestly shits ridiculous, someone can steal a engine i spent my whole life on and not be killed for it and go on to grief even more.

Last edited by Crumpaloo (2020-04-28 11:01:53)

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#4 2020-04-28 14:01:03

Dantox

Crumpaloo wrote:

So what do you suggest? Make every player invincible to death unless its of old age or starvation? In which case that only makes griefing unimpeded more then it already is with the now defunct posse system. Honestly shits ridiculous, someone can steal a engine i spent my whole life on and not be killed for it and go on to grief even more.

I think the title is the suggestion, which i wouldnt disagree tbh. There is just some people who shouldnt be allowed in this game.

make bread, no war

#5 2020-04-28 14:45:12

Spoonwood

Dantox wrote:

I think the title is the suggestion, which i wouldnt disagree tbh. There is just some people who shouldnt be allowed in this game.

Pretty much.  Bobo Bill should have been banned a while back.  How to track someone like Bobo Bill?  Track players killing girls (via weapons) under 14 would be a start.  The system suggested where players could just watch and then vote on whether a reported player needs banned or not probably would work in my opinion.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#6 2020-04-28 14:53:43

MrGold

Spoonwood wrote:
Dantox wrote:

Pretty much.  Bobo Bill should have been banned a while back.  How to track someone like Bobo Bill?  Track players killing girls (via weapons) under 14 would be a start.  The system suggested where players could just watch and then vote on whether a reported player needs banned or not probably would work in my opinion.

Yeah as well as removing the 10 mins posse thing

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#7 2020-04-28 15:05:29

ahead

Bobo doesn't do anything that isn't already in the game.

Domestic hogs being deadly and yet still made by players is something jason has put in the game.
Posses crippling towns against an organized group of griefers is something jason has put in the game.
People being unable to join posses because they were killed by a griefer at a young age is something jason has put in the game.
He wouldn't be able to grief that much if the game wasn't designed with those things being abusable.
He just puts the spotlights on those issues.
Ban him, someone else shows up, instead of banning people, fixing the issues is the key.

Last edited by ahead (2020-04-28 15:28:50)

Sorry, nothing

#8 2020-04-28 15:19:04

Crumpaloo

Dantox wrote:
Crumpaloo wrote:

What i kinda took from it was him saying that no matter what changes were made, griefing still continued regardless, and that not only applies to old griefers like bobo, but newer ones aswell, both can and will adapt to changes, and banning either does not stop it. You look at any popular game out there right now, griefers exist there, and its not for lack of trying on the devs part, its just a fact of video games. All the said devs can do is minimize it, and that can be done by giving more power to the players to see it doesn't happen, instead of doing the opposite like with the earn your posse system.

Look at all the requirements you need to kill a griefer:

. 3 players old enough to say "I join you"

. 3 players having lived to the age of 20 in a previous life

. 3 players must be holding a object

. 3 of those same players being around when the griefing happens and understanding what to do in that moment (assuming one of them isn't out hunting rabbits etc.)

. access to a knife or bow if it wasn't already hidden or being used by the griefer

. actually knowing who griefed in the first place (innocent players get killed all the time)

Edit: Oh and Lastly, this is all assuming that these players even know this mechanic exists, with the staggering amount of new players outweighing the old, its not hard to be a old player trying to kill a griefer, and just have hordes of new players just stare at you in confusion when you say "join me!!"

Last edited by Crumpaloo (2020-04-28 15:24:58)

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

Board footer