One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-19 19:07:34

danger1penguin

Guard success story

TLDR; being a guard is hard work, but it isn't necessary if everyone has a knife in their bag.

I was born to two traveling women who then brought me back to a semi-thriving village (I think we were outsiders because none of them were related). Anyways, when I was about 15 I saw a woman with a bow and ran, then seconds later I came back to see her kill a random clothed child (past milking stage) and suddenly noticed we had no weapons of defense. I went to alert the others who were busy farming, and then came back to find that the murderer ran off, and my mother had taken the arrow. There was a limited supply of milkweed at the time so I and my mother started to collect it all to prevent her from making another arrow (and bow in case she lost the old one). A few years (minutes) passed and then I saw her - easily distinguishable because she had the only wolf hat in our vicinity - steal a cart full of food and I chased after her. Interesting side note, here I learned that a person is ever slightly faster when they are not carrying a cart. I didn't have a weapon but I wanted to reobtain the cart. After about five minutes of chasing she finally lost me the second time I paused (I had to eat and she had warmer clothes than me).

We ran across a small station in the chase and I went back there to make a bow and arrow. Then went back to the village where I let everyone know I would patrol. The second time she came and took a cart I barely noticed but I chased again with bow in hand. I shot but somehow missed and when I went to pick up the arrow I had lost her. A few years passed and I felt like my life was being wasted. Then, suddenly I saw her putting food in her bag at our oven station and shot her as she started running away (I think she panicked and ran into the village rather than away although this would have been a good tactic if she was trying to get me to shoot someone else on accident or cause a panic when someone got murdered which slightly happened). Rest assured, we exchanged some foul language before she fell to her death, and everyone celebrated.

The next, most important part, is that I started making knives. This is advice that I cannot stress enough. Everyone who has a bag should have a knife in the deepest slot. When someone gets murdered, you have plenty of time to take everything out (usually your stored food) and stab the killer with your knife. The more people with this setup, the more likely the village will live through a murder or a spree of murders. By the time I died of old age, we had a bow and several arrows as well as five knives split among woman and their children. Even if the previous murderer was among them, she won't be able to kill them mercilessly anymore.

#2 2018-04-19 20:01:58

Raider

Re: Guard success story

Oh, that was a fun chase. Your cart of food was behind a tree. South-west of town. I had baskets of arrows hidden everywhere and at least 2 bows in each of the compass directions. I spent at least 20+ just setting up for that raid. You killed me with a lucky shot while I was trying to steal what the blacksmith was working on.

Don’t worry, we’ll meet again in a future life. Looking forward to it.

#3 2018-04-19 21:21:41

Lexyvil

I couldn't agree more. I don't believe that more weapons can ensure peace in real life, but for a game like this, it's essential that everyone that has a bag should have a weapon. From my experiences--the many lives I had--there are many more considerate players than there are unfair ones, so everyone can easily gang up to fight in-game vandalism.

#4 2018-04-19 21:26:07

danger1penguin

Raider wrote:

Oh, that was a fun chase. Your cart of food was behind a tree. South-west of town. I had baskets of arrows hidden everywhere and at least 2 bows in each of the compass directions. I spent at least 20+ just setting up for that raid. You killed me with a lucky shot while I was trying to steal what the blacksmith was working on.

Don’t worry, we’ll meet again in a future life. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, I found that cart and the other one i chased you for when I was grabbing branches for knives. I'd suggest hiding carts behind swamp trees (that you know wont get cut down) because people like me wont accidently click on them when grabbing for a branch on a maple tree. Im completely against griefing, but I think you could have done better wink

Also, I couldn’t give two shits about the village, my mom and her mom were hermits when i was born and we stumbled upon it. Additionally, i try to limit myself to an hour a day so I typically dont see the same village twice post appocalypse unless I am looking after a lineage that I was eve to. Please, join me in the fight against griefing, because this side is much harder and therefore more fun imho.

Last edited by danger1penguin (2018-04-19 21:28:12)

#5 2018-04-20 05:36:47

The_Llamacorn

Raider wrote:

Stop being so proud of griefing, nobody likes people like you. Don't go around bragging about how "good" you are at destroying villages. -_-

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#6 2018-04-20 06:32:31

Raider

The_Llamacorn wrote:

Stop being so proud of griefing, nobody likes people like you. Don't go around bragging about how "good" you are at destroying villages. -_-

How about no. This is an intentional feature of the game that any player is welcome to use. I am simply here to tell of my glorious battles. If you find this to be a problem how about you take the advice of others and maintain weapons and a guard.

-All Hail the Mushroom God

Last edited by Raider (2018-04-20 06:39:40)

Board footer