One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-22 22:03:21

TheRubyCart

I'm in Donkey town

o o f

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#2 2020-04-22 22:25:20

Legs

Re: I'm in Donkey town

It's happening to everyone right now. The curse system is very clearly broken.

The only thing you can do is mass curse, twice a life every life until Jason is forced to acknowledge that it's a problem.

Abuse it as much as possible to drive home the fact that this needs to be fixed.

Loco Motion

#3 2020-04-22 22:36:19

Crumpaloo

It takes 8 curses to end up in Donkey town last time i checked, you must of done something wrong.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#4 2020-04-22 22:38:35

Caprys

I miss donkeytown. There are berries on the wild bushes, wild onions, burdock, wild carrots in the savannah. You can play with the other donkeys that aren't your race. Build a nice little camp together or a big town without having to worry about kids. No pressure. Food doesn't run out because there aren't enough locust to eat it all. No bears, no boars, no wolves in town. It's like heaven. Donkeys are eating rice pudding with golden spoons while the rest is suffering. It is actually kinda funny if you think about it.

And, they can open iron veins every life because they are eve's.

Last edited by Caprys (2020-04-22 22:39:17)

#5 2020-04-22 22:49:53

Crumpaloo

Caprys wrote:

I miss donkeytown. There are berries on the wild bushes, wild onions, burdock, wild carrots in the savannah. You can play with the other donkeys that aren't your race. Build a nice little camp together or a big town without having to worry about kids. No pressure. Food doesn't run out because there aren't enough locust to eat it all. No bears, no boars, no wolves in town. It's like heaven. Donkeys are eating rice pudding with golden spoons while the rest is suffering. It is actually kinda funny if you think about it.

I mean new players barely have a idea of how in-game mechanics work, let alone abuse them to the point of getting cursed, only people you will see in Donkey Town are experienced players.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#6 2020-04-22 22:51:19

TheRubyCart

Crumpaloo wrote:

It takes 8 curses to end up in Donkey town last time i checked, you must of done something wrong.

I only remember having three or four

I did attract bears, I did convince people that it was an accident (except for a few people) And I did chant BB PEN! BB PEN! BB PEN! BB PEN! BB PEN! BB PEN!

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#7 2020-04-22 22:52:21

TheRubyCart

Caprys wrote:

aye Y O U C A N S U M M O U N B E A R S

#8 2020-04-22 22:58:55

DestinyCall

Feel free to summon lots of bears in DonkeyTown.   

They love bears.

#9 2020-04-22 23:01:45

Caprys

TheRubyCart wrote:
Caprys wrote:

aye Y O U C A N S U M M O U N B E A R S

I have never grieved. I'm actually more like a mule then a real donkey. But there is a first time for everything.

#10 2020-04-22 23:07:59

Caprys

DestinyCall wrote:

Feel free to summon lots of bears in DonkeyTown.   

They love bears.

They have a shitlode of milkweed in the wild, ponds with gooses and the knowledge to make bow and arrows. I think they will be fine.

#11 2020-04-22 23:13:55

DestinyCall

Of course they will be fine, Caprys. 

Bears are great.   Loyal, loving, and dependable.    Once you meet a bear, you have a friend for life.

#12 2020-04-22 23:20:04

Caprys

DestinyCall wrote:

Of course they will be fine, Caprys. 

Bears are great.   Loyal, loving, and dependable.    Once you meet a bear, you have a friend for life.

Most of them use a zoom mod for their grieving. They see the bear coming.

#13 2020-04-22 23:28:24

Caprys

Just theorising here, what if two people work together to take over donkey town? One makes a plane in a regular town. The other one makes a flight pat near an advanced donkey town. You fly in a vagina from the regular town. Take over the well when the donkey eve dies or your mule owns the well and simple has to die and then the vagina takes the well. Flop out some babies. congrats you have an advanced town build on the blood, sweat and tears of the donkeys. Could that work?

#14 2020-04-22 23:38:27

Crumpaloo

Legs wrote:

It's happening to everyone right now. The curse system is very clearly broken.

The only thing you can do is mass curse, twice a life every life until Jason is forced to acknowledge that it's a problem.

Abuse it as much as possible to drive home the fact that this needs to be fixed.

Curse system good tho, it stops the bad griefers

#15 2020-04-22 23:42:50

Legs

Sure. A couple months ago a family actually marched the ~30k tiles to donkey town over many generations. Someone made a bell tower in donkey town and hey if you build it they will come. It was basically like you said, a nice preplanned town built by bored donkeys. The new family moved into their donkey town and promptly became hostile towards them. The donkeys were friendly but got cursed for being donkeys. So they wrecked the town to chase out the ingrates, who settled in a shitty little primitive camp nearby and later died out.

Very predictably, it failed. People have colonized the tutorial a few times too. If you're quick you can break out by smithing a few tools to remove a tree that blocks the only break in its walls. Then build a landing pad and fly in a mother to seed the family. This was before the homeland update, but it wouldn't be too hard to gather some stones and a shovel is required to escape from tutorial anyway. So she could very easily make a homeland well there.

Loco Motion

#16 2020-04-22 23:48:07

Legs

Crumpaloo wrote:

Curse system good tho, it stops the bad griefers

It's less that it stops griefers and more that it stops everyone. The system is meant to stop griefers sure but that's not how it works in practice. Most people don't understand how it works or what it's for, just that they can curse people they don't like. So that's what they do. You make a face at a baby in the nursery? Better believe mom's going to curse you. Doesn't matter how much good work you do for the town or that you didn't actually do anything bad. Fuck you. Don't make faces at me.

Loco Motion

#17 2020-04-22 23:55:13

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

is it possible to have everyone so cursed laden that everyone ends up in DT, or only one person is Eve and she has no babies because everyone else is in DT?  I'm curious.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#18 2020-04-22 23:59:11

TheRubyCart

FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

is it possible to have everyone so cursed laden that everyone ends up in DT, or only one person is Eve and she has no babies because everyone else is in DT?  I'm curious.

was only in there for two lives, short lives, dont worry, btw that's interesting

#19 2020-04-23 00:23:44

fug

TheRubyCart wrote:

I usally grief cause im bored

I don't know what the point of this thread is to announce you're in donkey town when you admit to griefing. No need to be an attention whore like Toxic lol.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#20 2020-04-23 00:42:27

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

TheRubyCart wrote:
FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

was only in there for two lives, short lives, dont worry, btw that's interesting

I'm not worried.  It was more like wordfully thinking.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#21 2020-04-23 00:56:54

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Good. Working as intended.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#22 2020-04-23 01:34:45

TheRubyCart

fug wrote:
TheRubyCart wrote:

I usally grief cause im bored

I don't know what the point of this thread is to announce you're in donkey town when you admit to griefing. No need to be an attention whore like Toxic lol.

I dont grief often, but if I do it's usally caus im bored

#23 2020-04-23 02:07:10

Legs

It's pretty sad how braindead this community is, that abusing curses is considered correct.

A broken mechanic abused and you're dumb enough to support it, that's REALLY pathetic.

Loco Motion

#24 2020-04-23 02:39:23

DestinyCall

How is this an example of "abusing curses"?    TheRubyCart brought bears to a town, was curse by the villagers who caught them griefing, and ended up serving a little time in Donkey Town.

What part of that sounds "broken" to you?   

You are too quick to assume the curse system is at fault, when players are perfectly capable of earning curses through their own actions.   Sometimes a Donkey is just a Donkey.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2020-04-23 02:57:34)

#25 2020-04-23 02:53:17

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Silence griefer thread.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

Board footer