One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-21 03:41:25

Alontae Balasa

Questions about Donkey Town

The wiki says once you get 8 curse points, you are spawned far away from other players and serve a certain amount of time before spawning in the normal locations, dependent on your lifetime curse count. There are some things I'd like to know that I couldn't find on the wiki, though.

1. Do you spawn in the same distant location when you have to serve multiple hours in Donkey Town?

2. If multiple griefers banished to Donkey Town play at the same time, will they spawn in the same location?
    - If so, does this mean griefers banished to Donkey Town can cooperate to build an endtower?
       (When I was playing yesterday, I heard an endtower bell.)

Also, I found this on OneMap: https://onemap.wondible.com/#x=-20601&y … 1587425857
three bell towers at -20601, -19984
It seems that someone has built three bell towers in Donkey Town, which explains some bell tower rings that say 28k southwest in-game.

Plus, the monument record for bigserver2 shows this: http://onehouronelife.com/monuments/big … fe.com.php

Bell Tower
Monday, April 20, 2020, 02:05:57 UTC

Contributors:
Nameless
Eve Grub
Eve White
Eve Blaustein
Nameless
Eve Rey
Nameless

Bell Tower
Monday, April 20, 2020, 21:34:50 UTC

Contributors:
Nameless
Eve Rey
Nameless
Eve Rey
Nameless

Bell Tower
Monday, April 20, 2020, 21:34:57 UTC

Contributors:
Nameless
Eve Rey
Nameless
Eve Rey
Nameless

All Eves or Nameless. Seems like the same person built three towers in a couple of days in Donkey Town.

I ask a lot of questions. Thanks for answering them!

.-.. . .- .-. -. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / .-- .. - .... / --- - .... . .-. / ..-. .- -- .. .-.. .. . ...

#2 2020-04-21 03:53:48

Spoonwood

Re: Questions about Donkey Town

A few months ago jcwilk set about doing an apocalypse from DonkeyTown and had two completed stages as I recall.  Yes, it can get completed from there.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2020-04-21 04:00:34

fug

The wiki is outdated and should never be referenced for up to date information. Check with the forums or discord to keep up to date with the current system.

Donkeys are spawned whenever there are no fertile mothers unaffected by the curse radius block the donkeys have from other players. They can only spawn back once a fertile mother doesn't have someone around her that has the donkey player cursed and each personal curse lasts a month.

Donkey Eves follow the same spawns as normal Eves do just 20k away from the normal player population.

If donkeys wanted to constantly wipe the server they could but they just end up trolling each other so it doesn't matter.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#4 2020-04-21 04:07:44

AmberA

As a griefer killer, I get a good amount of curses and have spent some time in donkey town. I'll answer your questions and provide some random info about donkey town.

1. Do you spawn in the same distant location when you have to serve multiple hours in Donkey Town? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

2. If multiple griefers banished to Donkey Town play at the same time, will they spawn in the same location? Often yes. If so, does this mean griefers banished to Donkey Town can cooperate to build an endtower? As far as I know, yes.

When I end up at donkey town its very similar to spawning as an eve just really far away. Usually there are a ton of bones around from other donkey people who died nearby. You'll often find some abandoned camps. Occasionally you'll find a well built up city complete with farms, livestock, perhaps even a bell tower and yes as far as I know they can also build an endtower but like anything else it requires a lot of coordination because its hard to find people and it can only be done with certain races and requires knives.

Last time I was there myself and two others were playing together, one got old and died and was born right outside of camp. I too got old and spawned inside of the camp. Since we are all "eves" we don't speak the same language unless we get a white player in town.

At donkey town you are never a child so you can't slash die but your gene score doesn't go up or down.

Usually the only way I know where I might be on the map is when a normal bell sounds and its usually like 28k away in a certain direction. This is how I know I don't always spawn in the same location. Sometimes the city bell will be 28k north east and another donkey life it could be 30k to the ENE.

I don't usually see more than 3-5 donkeys in the same area.

When you see families going to war...it's often two donkeys doing that just so the entire map will get the "X and Y families are at war" message.

All donkeys are women because they are all eves.

Board footer