One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-20 11:27:35

Don Holm

Schools, libraries, hospitals!

If the updates turns the attention to increase the knowledge of the player, that will alow us to to work as a team as jason is trying to do in the worst way possible. If schools are made, which is a place kids under the age of ten can sit on benches that slows hunger and allow them to listen to a teacher, that teaches them about planting or smithing, and we add a library with books which are guidelines for planting and smithing and lot more stuff which the new players after school could borrow to learn more advanced techniques, this will give us generations of experienced players that are able to be organized and truly work as a team!

#2 2020-04-20 14:45:35

Dantox

Re: Schools, libraries, hospitals!

I mean, it would be cool and all that but i dont see it happening anytime soon... or ever, actually. Sounds great on paper but not in practice.

Schools destroy the whole bonding-with-your-child concept considering your infancy lasts like 10 minutes in game, so the bonding would be totally gone. (Also, teaching in this game requires more visual presentation than verbal which is more limited by age, so unless the school takes places literally in the smithing area or in the kitchen isnt really going to make a difference, also, would bother the hell out of the chefs and smithers) 

I would love to have the ability to write books but i dont think with the current engine being that possible.

And hospitals... they would be underused. rarely someone gets injured and when they do people are usually slow to react. people only get healed when a griefer is in town.

I would love having more organization in this game tho, but i think it needs to have a more intuitive approach than a direct one.

make bread, no war

#3 2020-04-20 22:35:55

x_Raiema_x

Re: Schools, libraries, hospitals!

MAYBE, if we had books this would work. Maybe to amp up this idea, a new skill could be added, ART! Takes up a tool slot, and you could make maybe colored pencils and add pictures to the book. (maybe you hold pencil and book in hand and click on the object you want to draw. I really like the idea of making libraries in game, but the issue often is that the pages get separated and carried away. people could still take books, but at least the pages would be in order. maybe when reading a book, the player could hit an arrow key to turn pages. people tend to think you're afk, when you're looking at one tech

I say eyyyyyyy constantly <3

Board footer