One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-09 08:47:33

miskas

Move on from Racial Restrictions and try Homeland Restrictions

A Non-Forced way to introduce trade/co-operation and conflict

-First, heavily lower the probability of special resources to spawn ( sulfur, horses, rubber tree, palm, bananas, tarry spots, seals, etc )
-Then, creating the first Homeland spawns A Lot of the special resource of your race to the nearest specialty biome of your family.
(blacks homeland spawns extra sulfur/horses in deserts, ginger spawns extra tarry spots, brown spawn extra rubber trees, and Palms. etc)

-Making a homeland enables a CLAIMED area in a radius.
-Any Race can interact with any Special biome as long as it is UNCLAIMED (out of a homeland radius).
-None of the other families will be able to interact with the Special biomes that exist in the Claimed area except the Homeland Owner family.
-Capturing an already started Homeland claims access to all the special biomes of the area without spawning new resources of your race specialty.
-Entering a homeland's area activates dropsy in all of the special biomes in their area and warns you with -Area of FAMILY NAME- and the player gets an arrow pointing to their well.

The goal of this change:

- Achieve a difference in geographical resource distribution. (Scarcity and Abundance)
- Differentiate the map location that is best to start a village depending on your Race
- Been able to live alone in scarcity or trade with others surpluses
- Enable Sphere of influence and Map domination
- Raiding for resources.
- Trade will exist when you chose it as a better option and not because you are forced

TL;DR:
The Racial Restriction is disabled out of the homelands areas
Special resources get a lot more scarce in the wilderness but abundant in homeland areas
If you own a homeland you access any biome inside it.

Last edited by miskas (2020-04-09 09:37:29)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#2 2020-04-09 18:13:06

Morti

Re: Move on from Racial Restrictions and try Homeland Restrictions

Long as the mechanics of being reborn, give people of chance of rolling into the family they need, to take a process from stage A to D, then trade won't be necessary.
1 person can do everything in 4 hours
2 people, coordinated outside game, can do it in 2,
and 4 coordinated outside the game, render trade meaningless.

In a world* where people aren't playing people, as much as they are playing solutions to problems, being the solution from one life to the next, of the same problem from one to the next, means you get things done.
I think we should be playing and accepting that, and the game growing around that. More multilife solutions, to multilife problems.
Then, if you come short, along the way, someone else made notice from life to life, where you left off, and finish off for you, or, turn that plastic you spent 8 hours making to produce Tupperware for storage, in 10, into a flood of toys intended to give to kids, to play with while developing.

Then the multiplayer aspect of a multilife solution, can come in, as you pass on the stage in your steps, to another person.

Yes, maybe a smart phone could, be made in day, by one person, living 10 lifes that day, but if when he goes to turn those circuits, into a phone, you decide to hijack them and use them to make drones instead, that could certainly change the course of the future, for that world.

"Yeah, I was a truck driver in One Hour One Life, back in 21 to 22. I hauled so many big payloads across the map. One day someone asked me if I'd pass on a shipment to them and offered me some nice gene rewards for future lives. I couldn't say no. It wasn't until after living the next hundred lives, on the run from the machines, that I realized what role I had played, in the end of that run's story."

(*: Just want to take a time out to admire those guys who's voices you hear at the start of a lot of, block buster, Hollywood movie trailers; "In a world..!")

#3 2020-04-09 20:54:03

MistressZues

Re: Move on from Racial Restrictions and try Homeland Restrictions

I just don't like the homeland breeding thing at all. When Immigrants came to America it was a melting pot and they all lived together. They didnt move to America and then only one race was able to pop out kids. I loved that part about the game!

Everyone wanted more diversity an character design but now for what??!! so that we have to spend our whole life traveling to see foreigners?? Its sad one of the best parts of the game was being born into a town that had multi families living together. Even if there was bad blood it was a fun experience, trying to out breed the other fam or claim the best clothes having race wars and then over coming differences for peace! It made the game fun an exciting an different every time you logged in.

Now lives are all pretty much the same. be born to a town in need of stuff that only another town can provide, have someone leave to go get it, have others come to you to get what you can provide. If you stay in town your whole life your waiting on others to return from their journey to foreign lands meanwhile everyone complains about how stupid it is they cant go fishing because they don't have red hair or cant make tattoos because they don't have brown skin.

Taking away our ability to pop out babies any and everywhere was a hard blow to the loyal players. Not being able to Cohabit with other families is in my opinion(and I believe a lot of others) a mistake. Updates dont = upgrades.  Cycling back can be just as good. yes these families last longer but its mundane.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

Board footer