One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2020-04-02 02:34:54

Coconut Fruit

Re: Coming soon: mining changes

happynova wrote:

But the game I want to play isn't the one where the only good strategy involves strictly holding myself back from doing anything that isn't 100% iron-efficient

Really no need to be iron efficient. One tank of kerosene gives 30 iron (36, but -6 for chisels). That's full 5 iron piles. Having that much iron you can really not care about using it however you want. Also remember that most of tools cost only half iron.

Tho I see a very big problem... Only gingers can make oil. Making oil pumpjack isn't an enjoyable thing to do and often takes whole life if not more. Ideally you would want to make it only for your family, because there is nothing worth trading it. When I play as any other race and I see no kerosene and no iron it's depressing. I won't go to gingers and ask them for oil because there is nothing I could offer them in return. I don't want to steal it either, getting oil costs too much time and work to just steal it... It would be a very bad griefing to do so. Yeah, I could go to them and trade something for some iron. But having only a few iron ores is also depressing when you also need kerosene for water.

I like iron changes, but I hate race specializations update that is ruining many good things in this game. It's just a depressing update that is ruining my overall feeling about this game, and not only mine, I often see people complaining in discord about many things that are actually caused by this one shitty update.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#77 2020-04-02 05:07:41

DestinyCall

I suspect that the gingers who gathered the oil would appreciate it if were careful with the iron/water that the oil allows you to produce.    Drilling for oil is tedious, thankless work.

#78 2020-04-02 09:16:05

Elsayal

You don't have to trade anything with ginger to get oil. In fact you don't need to trade because any ginger player can end in other tribe and would need kerosene. So they give it for free.

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#79 2020-04-02 10:35:12

minth

Elsayal wrote:

You don't have to trade anything with ginger to get oil. In fact you don't need to trade because any ginger player can end in other tribe and would need kerosene. So they give it for free.

That is ridiculous, getting oil is freaking hard and boring it is also cost a lot of resources to do so. There is no way I giving oil for free unless you decide to thief from ginger and call it "free".
One oil rig I get like 11 tanks, I may give 2 for brown 2 for black keep them barely alive for their rubber. Use 1 tank for iron, 1 another tank is the cost for getting new oilrig running. The profit from one oilrig is 5 tanks for your town. I don't care about white ppl (they literally useless right now)
5 tanks are not much can only keep your town about half-day not going to give it free tho

#80 2020-04-02 12:10:46

Elsayal

minth wrote:

There is no way I giving oil for free

You don't have to be smart big_smile

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

Board footer