One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-29 12:18:46

Elsayal

Do we need to build well near a moutain biome to get iron ?

I mean, if you start to build without a mud iron thingy very near, you can't get iron, right ?

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#2 2020-03-29 12:25:55

fug

Re: Do we need to build well near a moutain biome to get iron ?

Update is broken. Wait until later today/tomorrow depending on how long Jason wants pat himself on the back.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2020-03-29 12:27:51

Elsayal

So, is it a yes ?

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#4 2020-03-29 12:29:55

fug

The answer is no. You can build anywhere and 160 east/west of your primary homelands you can collect iron from veins.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2020-03-29 13:24:03

Elsayal

Does only eve can make the well ?
I try as non eve to prepare a well with stone, but I can't get iron from nearby mine.

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#6 2020-03-29 13:25:10

fug

One rock pile/well per lineage crops up iron. You just have to live with the fact the game is unplayable right now and there's no iron.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#7 2020-03-29 13:27:16

Elsayal

Ooh, I see ! Thanks for the answer smile
Well, it's playable. Hard but playable.

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#8 2020-03-29 15:37:19

Morti

On the bright side... wild gooseberries are fuckin OP!

Shh, don't tell Jason though, he'll nerf them for sure!
;-)

#9 2020-03-29 17:00:23

DestinyCall

Didn't he already nerf wild berries?

#10 2020-03-29 18:10:55

Morti

DestinyCall wrote:

Didn't he already nerf wild berries?

He actually did quite the opposite, if you care for them.
They used to spawn 1 berry every ten minutes, now you can get 6 in ten minutes, if you add water.
Now they are far superior to the domestic variety.
And with wild gooseberries not despawning, you can just load the ground with them, splash a little water, and they're good as new.

I go out to a nearby swamp, make 20-30 clay bowls and can have them loaded with gooseberries by the time I die, and if you forget to water them, they don't dry up, but just a single berry appears on them.Best way to go about it, is to start at a young age, make a milkweed farm away from town, near unused ponds, where wild berries and soil exist, grow 20 or so milkweed using skewers, make a snare or two, backpack, clothes and four pouches, then you don't have to use the bowl you brought out for watering the milkweed. Done it four times so far, sometimes I get around to filling ten bowls of berries for anyone that comes along, other times I can get a few dozen, go back to town, get a horse cart, and bring them in for bait, feed or compost near town.

I've noticed after I die in town with a backpack of pouches and come back, people have filled the pouches with bait and they don't get used for water, which is a mistake, less we start mass producing pouches and everyone carry one with water, fill up on wild berries, water the bush and then fill up the pouch at the next pond you pass by.

Leaving one berry on each of a half dozen wild bushes near town, while people are farming the domestic variety, really should be frowned upon. Clustering all those domestic berries near the well only serves to hasten water shortage. I could maybe see 9 to 18 domestic bushes near the bakery, or sheep pen, for convenience, nut more than that is just too much stress. That water, and soil, should be going towards variety, not convenience.

I'm no wizard in the kitchen, but for those of you that don't have to think twice about how to prepare stew, broth, pies, or even milk, that water and soil should be going more towards your causes and more working mothers, should be watering wild berry bushes with their kids, so that by the time they are entering their teens, they are seeing those bushes come back full, and know themselves, to remove all the berries and water them, to keep the full return timer ticking.

Board footer