One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-28 10:50:28

kebe15

Ants and rust

When I went round the word I see a lot of empty village and camps. My Idea is, they can destroyd whitout human help. When an adobe think is unused in two there hour, its transforming to an adobe think with ants.  When we dont do whit this nothig, its transforming to an ant hill. In near 15-20 squer they destroy evrithing what arent metal. All thing have an other destroying time. For example the food faster. In this round they cant be another hill. When they dont can destroy anithing he leav the hill. The empty hill is destroy in a half hour. On the metal thing going to be rust. They destroyd in two, three hour. When you dont want to have ants, you need just spill the adobe think whit ants some vinegat or other acid. When you dont want the rust you need just click this whit the chisel.

#2 2020-03-28 12:44:49

Morti

Re: Ants and rust

If only ants ate garbage in real life,
120423050950-lebanon-landfill-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

but, Jason had something similar to this; we called them ruins. About 90% of a town would be removed, and all the trees and plants would regrow. Then, as an Eve, people could get lucky and find an axe, or a firebow, at randm in the wild, maybe along with 1/4 of a building they could finish up and have a quick home.

#3 2020-03-28 16:55:11

jinbaili83

Re: Ants and rust

Older system of map culling had bug that made items with use count not be removed. This created some wierd ruins.
R0kSnSI.jpg

Now if parts of map are not visited for week they revert to original state with exception to stone walls and floors.
Also no objects/animals are moving/changing if there is no players around. Otherwise hundreads of lost sheep and other wild animals would slow the server to much.

Board footer