One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-23 04:20:32

Morti

Screenshots

O, I and L are Tarry Spots
T (my 0,0) is Monument
Finally connected two large sections of the road traveling west.
kvNg9YY.jpg

#2 2020-03-23 04:22:59

TheRubyCart

Re: Screenshots

gj!

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#3 2020-03-23 04:41:22

Morti

hqjiADZ.jpg

#4 2020-03-23 05:55:01

Morti

TheRubyCart wrote:

gj!

ty

O, I, L, T are tarry spots.
F is the last place I was gathering flat rocks
W is the well along the road.

LWeepX2.jpg

#5 2020-03-23 06:20:12

Morti

At least O is tarry spot...

JgLPM74.jpg

#6 2020-03-23 09:01:24

Morti

O, I and L are tarry spots

C5P2qK7.jpg

#7 2020-03-24 06:07:33

Morti

200324 0202 iron

R, I, O, N, S and E are untapped iron nodes near the road.
F was just some flat rocks
T was tarry spot, closest to the road, in a large tundra with many.
H was the highway

YZzjzUs.jpg

#8 2020-03-24 12:03:40

Morti

200324 0757 Secret Home
Born in a nice home, beautiful work, but you make the game worse telling kids born there to kill themselves so you don't need to bother teaching them.
If you want the player base to get better, you have to teach them one person at a time.
Let them have fun, making mistakes, and learning.
That is the joy of this game, adapting to new challenges, together.

eNdzQ54.jpg

#9 2020-03-26 07:28:55

Morti

200326 0321 Good Bear

J B and H are some wells I encountered.
F was my flat rock hotkey, but I accidentally made B, F.

BMPBiM8.jpg

#10 2020-03-26 07:31:28

Morti

also, if I put something like 200326 0331, that's my file name, it's the date and time
If you haven't realized it, the green numbers in the top left, above the list of coordinates, is the current location, and the info in the top right is the players on Big Server 2, the main one. Sad to see it down in the twenties, but, it happens.

#11 2020-03-26 08:56:05

Morti

D was a Dobbie home (white)
I was  Diamond home (ginger)
W was  a shallow well
R was my placeholder for the end of the finished road
X... was a strange place I found by accident while looking for thread, I guess you could call it the White home, but they were mostly black people. There was a brown person and a ginger working there.
There was someone there I guess I had cursed before, but I didn't recognize the name. Which leads me to think that, it may have been a person I saw releasing bears, but, more importantly, the problem we are having with Eves and being forced to restart towns really comes down to an abuse of the curse system.

e2BoNGM.jpg

e2BoNGM.jpg

#12 2020-03-26 09:01:12

Morti

I don't like mistakes, but I dislike edited posts even more.
Sorry for posting those pictures twice, I started by posting the link and then entering spaces above it to type the locations, wrote so much and then forgot I'd already posted the link which was hidden below the bottom of the comment box, I guess.
These are usually good indications that I'm tired or my brain isn't working properly.
Also using the wrong words entirely... (just caught myself using probably instead of properly, for instance)
I don't know why I do that.
Further tests are required.

#13 2020-03-26 13:02:18

Morti

Had a nice ride for a life.

Started out strong, close to the east end of the west half of the highway.

200326 0717 Mom
W8A1cHQ.jpg

And after working on a few cart loads flat rocks for the east end of the west stretch, decided to try my luck at a there-and-back.
Approaching the Monument, I saw a sight I'd never seen before; a dedicated horse stable near the monument!

200326 0745 Horse Stable
7z32lLP.jpg

Spoilers, if you've never seen it before, here's a close look of the monument itself.

200326 0746 Tarr Monument
Wd4g8wW.jpg

And a look of as much of the place as you can get at once.

200326 0747 Tarr Monument Zoom Out
9Npnbuq.jpg

Then, after also ringing all five bells that I knew, scattered around the center of the map, I headed back home.
I did a quick tour of the towns too, and I thought about getting some screenshots of each, but I wasn't sure how long it'd take to get back home.
But I'll get some picks of the original four big ones, just, try not to cry. You put a lot of hard work into them, and all the towns, and I recognize for a lot of you, that was some of the first times you'd put stone blocks into place, made tables or planted your first crops, so, some of your work is still there and you can find comfort in what you do see. Maybe the buildings you were first born into, are still there. I'll get pics of them, in person, soon enough.

While on the, newest, "home stretch", I decided to grab a snapshot of the west end of the road that goes all the way to the center of the map.

200326 0755 West End
VyD8Yal.jpg

And another when I made it to the east end, of the far west stretch. (Minus a small piece of tundra I'll get to next time I'm the appropriate race.)

200326 0802 Far West's East End
LsC9jnF.jpg

Then, with time left on the clock, I decided to give myself another challenge; could I make it to the west end of the far west's finished stretch?

Turns out I could.

200326 0807 Far West's West End
qwSezDZ.jpg

But not only that, I made it all the way back to the Western Stretch's east end and managed to get a few more carts of flat rocks in, before kicking the bucket.
I tried to get a screenshot of that last moment, but what popped up was the typical, 60, old age, splash screen. So, after looking through hundreds of old posts for a picture I made on October 20th, two years ago, I give it to you instead.

REvfQ62.png

Technically not a screenshot, but it's okay.
We can pretend.

Sure does capture how I felt after that life, though.

#14 2020-03-26 16:13:08

Morti

200326 1052 Recovery

After that previous life  travelling the road, I saw a lot of things I did in the past, things I left unfinished that might greatly help someone with my knowledge of the landscape, like the 20 or so iron mines that I marked along the road.

I set out to try and dig some of them up and maybe, get some stanchions in if I found the right parts.
My short attention span got the best of me as I started collecting clothing and tools found in the wilds far from homes and leaving them along fragments of the road, but not before I went to search a place I'd kept something special long ago; a bell, I'd found hidden in the woods, probably by a g-word, that I'd left at the Gold Town. I should had known it wouldn't be there. I'd hidden it behind a stone column, near the second bell tower I'd begun construction on long ago. There are some new towers going up in the Castle Town, at what was the end of the western road, and one that is ready for it's bell near the place I made my home when I was fortunate enough to be an Eve.

I've also realized something important, about the stability of our towns that has to be with the spacing of cursed players apart from each other; we can't all be close, at least, not as close as we would have been, back when it was Gold, Gay, Argentina and Slinkey, the cursed players will spawn outside a group of towns that tightly packed together, which is why we must have people spread 1k apart in all directions, not just 200. That's why things have been fairly stable for the last few days, on top of people not giving up so easily, and working more with a variety of oil (ie kerosene) and a mixture of charcoal powered newcomens. The later take a lot of rubber and cooperation, to keep restoring the seals, but some of you have it in you to make that happen, either, through work in multiple families over multiple lives, or, by coordinatingwith other people in other ways, inside, or outside, of the game.

Either way I'm glad we are stable, and, if you're reading this and it's fairly recent, then I would advise settling near the the main road, near the highway. Even now, the two towns south of the highway are struggling, where, what were when I last checked, Diamond and Dobbie family homes. Though, come to think, I was born a Yuki this life and came fro one of them, so either Diamonds, or the Dobbies, must be existing in another town. Time will tell, but, the birth coordinates relative to the bell southeast of the southern of the two towns, should give an indication of where I was born each life, in each of the screenshots, since it's erection.

Heh, I said erection.

Speaking of erections, I need to get a bell for the top of the tower at my old home on the highway. Note to all of you, probably not a good idea to make a town right on the highway, in the future, best to build them at least 40 meters away, so the high speed road, not only doesn't interfere with work near it, if parellel roads aren't run adjacent to the highway, but, it also invites wanderlust and acts as a window for young minds to go out and see the wider world. Not exactly helpful, if you want them to get in the habit of doing the grunt work, but it could be just the thing, to renew the vigor, of a tired mind, if just for one life. Then maybe the next, when they have that bug out of their system, they'll see the value, of a nice home, with a loving family, a warm fire, and a wide assortment of foods to satiate their appetites and challenge their agricultural skills.

What do I know though? I just make roads.
And not even roads, just one.

R is the east end of the western half of the road
F was some flat rocks
M is the location on the road where two dug mines missing stanchions, are within a few meters of the road, and each other.

Note: all coordinates displayed are relative to whichever one is 0,0. It starts as where you are born but can be adjusted by clicking on one of the coordinates. I have seen other mods with coordinates in pictures and videos, but they may just be mods of mods. The game and everyone developing things around it are pretty good about keeping their works open, so, if you're reading this and have the knack for coding, check out their works on github, and, possibly other sites. I can only imagine what might be possible, like, storing item data via coordinates, and being able to search through your item history, to see where you may have seen things in the world, so you can go back and get them if needed. I'm sure there are a lot more useful things that could be added to a player-side client, but I'm not the one to ask. You can bring that sort of thing up with people like awbz, whatever (hetuw), wondible and pein, and probably more people, but I recommend reading up on previous posts here on the forum, by looking up their names and reading through their posts. You can click on people's names to check all their posts, or search for them, up at the top of the forum page.

kol939f.jpg

#15 2020-03-28 06:05:08

Morti

Feels good to have this little chunk of the road completed after so long.

200328 0203 Tundra Road
e3CVjWQ.jpg

#16 2020-03-28 06:13:28

Morti

This is going to be a spoiled little bush.

200328 0210 New Well

lLKHpHM.jpg

Board footer