One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-22 22:00:11

MrGold

are curses bugged?

hello everyone griefers,regular,players and Admins idc what you are but. when solo kill was removed and after the great Griefer war as I named it myself after being a Griefer. yes after curse update I was in DT for 30 days and I've payed for my crimes and took out bobo and his gang after all of that I was finally free from that hell. but after some time of just playing the game I met up with Uno and she checked my curse Logs she said that I had 0 curses but a few days later I was cursed for dumb reasons AKA trying to stop a RP that was causing lots of drama and was killing the town so I went up to them all and said stop fucking RPing work! you guys are letting the town die and then I started to break the property fences that they were building and they chased me down one of they cursed me and I was dead. I ended up in Dt and was like what? I only have one curse how is this possible. but I do tell myself this either is a bug or something else because I don't have 10 curses leave your comments and if I hurt anybody in the past I'm sorry for being a heartless asshole you know a person can change who they are right? and if you don't let a person change you must be a asshole who doesn't care about anyone but yourself. anyways say your thoughts idc if you call me a clown go ahead  big_smile

sideNote:i was in Dt for 30 days other people say that they have been cursed one time and they haven't been sent to DT this might just apply for the people who came out of DT then got cursed again I don't really know but it does ruin your fun.

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#2 2020-03-22 22:08:56

fug

Re: are curses bugged?

The curse log hasn't worked properly since the original changes. It doesnt even log all the curses that players give you so you likely just have a bunch of undocumented curses.

Less towns that are closer placed together means curses are much stronger due to the current curse formula.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2020-03-22 22:25:13

MrGold

fug wrote:

The curse log hasn't worked properly since the original changes. It doesnt even log all the curses that players give you so you likely just have a bunch of undocumented curses.

Less towns that are closer placed together means curses are much stronger due to the current curse formula.

But isn't it by a 100 tiles radius because i haven't touched ohol in a while

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#4 2020-03-22 22:33:09

fug

It's (T^2) + 100t

T = total amount of players who have you cursed
t = total amount of players who have you cursed online.

If you have a high amount of people cursing you (which you definitely did at least one point) you very easily can be blocked out of all the towns on the server.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2020-03-22 22:40:53

MrGold

well that could make sense

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#6 2020-03-22 22:47:04

Spoonwood

You can get cursed after you die.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2020-03-22 22:48:41

MrGold

Spoonwood wrote:

You can get cursed after you die.

I know that...………………………………….

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#8 2020-03-22 22:54:52

Legs

The curse system definitely needs a rework with these family specialization and homesick updates. It feels really broken right now. I got a bunch of curses last month and stopped playing for a while. In the last couple weeks I've been able to be born normally depending on the time of day.

It's officially been 30 over days now, I marked the date. During the past month 2 people have cursed me. All day today I was blocked from joining the game. How does that work? Is part of the formula based on lifetime curses for the account? Just 2 curses shouldn't block me from playing.

Loco Motion

#9 2020-03-22 23:05:36

MrGold

Legs wrote:

The curse system definitely needs a rework with these family specialization and homesick updates. It feels really broken right now. I got a bunch of curses last month and stopped playing for a while. In the last couple weeks I've been able to be born normally depending on the time of day.

It's officially been 30 over days now, I marked the date. During the past month 2 people have cursed me. All day today I was blocked from joining the game. How does that work? Is part of the formula based on lifetime curses for the account? Just 2 curses shouldn't block me from playing.

Well yeah doesn't really give us a chance to do stuff and i support you on the idea over one small curse just ruins our fun right takes big balls to right a topic like this even tho people will be assholes about it small toxic community

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#10 2020-03-23 00:47:10

testo

I don´t want to comment on the curse system because I don´t really know if it is bugged or not. However, I´ve seen a revitalization of the griefers around the map because the no kill solo update ended up being the perfect cover. Half the time people don´t know how to join a posse and half the time you have to show everyone the griefer almost in action for them to join. Last night a guy dug all the berry trees right in front of everyone in the town, after ten to fifteen minutes explaining everyone how to join and why we needed to kill that guy someone said "uh we can just plant more" "don´t kill him" while the other guy was stealing buckets and digging more bushes. I just don´t log in to be chasing around some idiot or having to convince everyone of how to play the game.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#11 2020-03-23 00:54:57

MrGold

Yes solo kill was a improvement but game showed show how it's done in tutorial because what's the point of it when you don't know most things not even to farm. The point of this topic is to get rid of perma curses total because i now see that it is the problem the solution would be to remove it

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#12 2020-03-23 01:00:09

fug

Curse total hasn't been permanent for quite a while. The curses fall off after a month, you've got to remember you didn't likely earn all your curses in a single day so it takes awhile for your account to become clean.

The point is if you're pissing off people constantly you should be punished (DT). If you're bored like the rest of us just play a different game. There's plenty of better things to be doing than annoying people for your own amusement.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#13 2020-03-23 01:33:37

MrGold

What have i done lol? I haven't really done much but ok
Besides what better then to improve my skills. Also i don't annoy people for my own amusement that would make me a asshole. And as i explained I'm not a griefer anymore and I'm aware that people like you still think like that lolz and i can agree on why you hate me and i sure ashamed but Well hello 2hol!

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#14 2020-03-23 15:15:04

Legs

It's been more than a month. The curses haven't fallen off. Yes, I did earn all my curses in a single day. February 20th. Between then and now I've been cursed two times. Those should be the only valid curses at this time. They clearly aren't.

Loco Motion

#15 2020-03-23 17:09:33

testo

I just dont get how you guys get yourself cursed so much. I am pretty mean in game but one thing I don´t do is griefing.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#16 2020-03-23 18:01:29

Legs

testo wrote:

I just dont get how you guys get yourself cursed so much

Mostly curse abuse. It's a pretty serious issue. If you curse more than you get cursed I have news for you: you're part of the problem.

Loco Motion

#17 2020-03-23 18:35:03

testo

Legs wrote:
testo wrote:

I just dont get how you guys get yourself cursed so much

Mostly curse abuse. It's a pretty serious issue. If you curse more than you get cursed I have news for you: you're part of the problem.

That has to be one of the worst logic constructions I´ve ever seen.

Question for you: What is the objective of the curse system? (for you, what should it aim to? how should you like it be and more importantly, why?)

- Jack Ass

#18 2020-03-23 18:49:21

fug

testo wrote:

I just dont get how you guys get yourself cursed so much. I am pretty mean in game but one thing I don´t do is griefing.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. The exact people that were meant to be targeted by the update are the ones complaining about it.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#19 2020-03-23 19:36:36

Legs

I guess the bug is a feature huh.

There are a lot of innocent people complaining about it but you're too busy circlejerking to care.

Loco Motion

#20 2020-03-24 00:53:24

StrongForce

These posts warm my heart.
Great job on the curse system jason!

Be a nice player for half a year im sure then you will not be sent to dt anymore

Baby dance!!

#21 2020-03-24 01:01:40

Legs

StrongForce wrote:

im sure then you will not be sent to dt anymore

You're sure. You're also wrong, and arguably an idiot.

Loco Motion

#22 2020-03-24 01:02:05

Spoonwood

StrongForce wrote:

Be a nice player for half a year im sure then you will not be sent to dt anymore

Sigh... probably wouldn't have mentioned this if I hadn't seen it was you... but...

Well, if there's only 3 people in an area, and player A dies, and player B says 'curse you' near player A, player C can end up inadvertently cursed.

Also, some griefer could curse you purely for the lolz, and then if there's only 2 people on the server, and she started before you and is fertile, you could end up in donkeytown.

That said large groups of people cursing a person for the lolz or by mistake seems rather peculiar, so your injunction to players who only play on bigserver2 probably works fine.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#23 2020-03-24 01:16:09

fug

StrongForce wrote:

I mean this is basically it. The guy who made the thread was one of the most cursed players of all time QQ'ing about things finally being unfair for him which honestly means the curse system is actually finally working.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#24 2020-03-24 01:25:20

Legs

Yes. Innocent players that carry towns being banned by a broken system is this game working as intended. Great job everyone.

You're not very bright are you tarr?

Loco Motion

#25 2020-03-24 04:55:59

DestinyCall

Sounds like the curse system is working as intended.

Board footer