One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-29 16:34:18

AmberA

Randomly going to Donkey Town

I've been to Donkey Town before because I tend to be a griefer killer which gets me curses. So I'd spawn in at Donkey Town, next life I spawn into a mother like normal. Do nothing and try completely do avoid any negative interactions to avoid getting cursed. No one cursed me that life but next life again I'm at Donkey Town. Back and forth like that.

Daily now it's hit or miss if I spawn in at DT or if I spawn in to a mother. Same story almost every day for like a week or two now. Every day I play a few lives and every day I have a few lives in DT and a few born to mothers.

It doesn't seem like it's working correct. I thought it counted the number of curses you have and if over a certain amount then you go to DT. Is it because I've cursed so many other bad players that I have no where to spawn and it's defaulting me to DT?

Anyone else seen this happen for them?

#2 2020-02-29 16:53:03

DestinyCall

Re: Randomly going to Donkey Town

Sounds like it is working correctly to me.     If a person has cursed you, then you cannot be born to them OR to other people who are close to the person who cursed you. 

Curses last for thirty days.   If there are multiple people currently in the game who have you cursed, your area of restriction increases, preventing you from being born to more potential mothers.    If there are no valid mothers available to you, then you will be born in Donkeytown.    If fewer players are currently on-line or if someone logs off, your curse burden reduces, allowing you to spawn normally again.

It sounds like you are right on the cusp of being stuck in Donkeytown.   Whether you can spawn normally or not is probably dependent on how many people who cursed you in past lives are currently playing the game, blocking you out of the existing villages.   The good news is that if you are careful to avoid more curses, you should be able to go back to spawning normally in time, as the oldest curses expire.    The bad news is that you should probably stop killing people for a while.

#3 2020-02-29 17:42:51

Legs

Everyone thinks the system is working perfectly.

Until they start spawning in donkey town.

Loco Motion

#4 2020-02-29 17:52:47

DestinyCall

Everyone who spawns in DonkeyTown assumes the system must be broken.

#5 2020-02-29 17:58:36

Legs

DestinyCall wrote:

I came back to read your reply knowing that you'd say something stupid, and you did.

All according to plan.

Loco Motion

#6 2020-02-29 18:10:15

AmberA

DestinyCall wrote:

Yeah I don't have a problem being in Donkey Town, it felt broken that I was being born to Donkey town and then regular town back and forth, that felt broken. So I was checking.

#7 2020-02-29 18:36:45

AmberA

DestinyCall wrote:

Sounds like it is working correctly to me.     If a person has cursed you, then you cannot be born to them OR to other people who are close to the person who cursed you. 

Curses last for thirty days.   If there are multiple people currently in the game who have you cursed, your area of restriction increases, preventing you from being born to more potential mothers.    If there are no valid mothers available to you, then you will be born in Donkeytown.    If fewer players are currently on-line or if someone logs off, your curse burden reduces, allowing you to spawn normally again.

It sounds like you are right on the cusp of being stuck in Donkeytown.   Whether you can spawn normally or not is probably dependent on how many people who cursed you in past lives are currently playing the game, blocking you out of the existing villages.   The good news is that if you are careful to avoid more curses, you should be able to go back to spawning normally in time, as the oldest curses expire.    The bad news is that you should probably stop killing people for a while.

ty for explaining how it works.

#8 2020-02-29 19:03:25

unoriginal artist

Legs wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

I came back to read your reply knowing that you'd say something stupid, and you did.

All according to plan.

You are both a very bored and very rude person.

Im just bored.

Board footer